Dual band?

Carlos1010

So I watched this video;

And I have so many questions, what does he mean that one of the routers have a dual band antenna. I do understand that it supports 2.4GHZ and 5GHZ frequency but does that mean that you can divide the amount of bandwidth a certain device in your house can use? What is the advantage of a router that has multiple antenna? Thanks in advanced! 

I'm part of the "Help a noob foundation" 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XUBdUJjgmQY

- here you will see the diff between 2.4 and 5 GHz. About the rest things you ask idk (i also dont see the point of divide bandwidth and so on) and as for multiple antenas i knows that the ones with more than 1(or 2?) usually can make more than 1 network. It was like this in 1 hotel i stayed and it was awful..... but helped when you have 200 guys on 1 router xD

I think multiple Antennas help with MuMIMO. Also, I think it to make sure your getting good signal coverage. 

As far as a router having Dual band antenna's It should just mean the antennas do 2.4 and 5Ghz. Some routers I have seen have antennas dedicated to one band. Where they might have one time external and another type internal. Good example is the TP Link Archer C7, the external antennas are 5Ghz while the 2.4 Ghz antennas are internal. 

As far as how dual band works. 5 Ghz has the best speeds available currently. However range is lower as well as penetration power. 2.4 Ghz tends to be slower with better range and more penetration power. You dont really divide up bandwidth between bands. If you connect to the 5Ghz band you will get faster speeds router to Client and the reverse.  

I also think multiple antennas helps with communication between router and clients. To my understanding at least during the Wireless G days, your router could only talk to one device at a time. Now with MIMO and MuMIMO you can talk to many devices at a time. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn.