X1 Carbon Gen 1 Touch to Non-Touch

Hi!

So, I have a first gen X1 Carbon touch. It was given to me as a gift by my dad. Now, it has a broken touchscreen. Is it possible to replace it with an lcd that isn't touch? I've read on some forums that it isn't possible because of bezels etc. Well, what if I replace the whole LCD assembly? (The whole top lid). It is a lot cheaper than the touch variant assembly. It'll also make my x1c thinner. 

Thank you!

Keep Moving Forward...

3 minutes ago, RiSource said:

Hi!

So, I have a first gen X1 Carbon touch. It was given to me as a gift by my dad. Now, it has a broken touchscreen. Is it possible to replace it with an lcd that isn't touch? I've read on some forums that it isn't possible because of bezels etc. Well, what if I replace the whole LCD assembly? (The whole top lid). It is a lot cheaper than the touch variant assembly. It'll also make my x1c thinner. 

Thank you!

I would suggest getting the touchscreen option anyway.

You don't know the specifics on the logic board, maybe the connector is different. Or your motherboards doesn't understand an normal display.

Here's to the crazy ones...

19 hours ago, RiSource said:

So, I have a first gen X1 Carbon touch

thinkpad forums. I think there is a 1080p standard display that works with it. @Dackzy u know?

Laptop Main

(Retired) Zbook 15: i7-6820HQ, M2000M, 32gb, 512gb SSD + 2tb HDD, 4k Dreamcolor

(Retired) Alienware 15 R3: i7-6820HK, GTX1070, 16gb, 512 SSD + 1tb HDD, 1080p

(Retired) T560: i7-6600U, HD520, 16gb, 512gb SSD, 1620p

(Retired) P650RS: i7-6820HK, 1070, 16gb, 512gb + 1tb HDD, 4k Samsung PLS

(Retired) MBP 2012 Retina: i7-3820QM, GT650M, 16gb, 512gb SSD, 1800p

2 hours ago, Pendragon said:

thinkpad forums. I think there is a 1080p standard display that works with it. @Dackzy u know?

I am actually not sure here, a part of me would say no, but I am far from sure.

OP you could send ThinkPad support a mail asking if the screen would work with your laptop, they should know.

Before you buy amp and dac.  My thoughts on the M50x  Ultimate Ears Reference monitor review I might have a thing for audio...

My main Headphones and IEMs:  K612 pro, HD 25 and Ultimate Ears Reference Monitor, HD 580 with HD 600 grills

DAC and AMP: RME ADI 2 DAC

Speakers: Genelec 8040, System Audio SA205

Receiver: Denon AVR-1612

Desktop: R7 1700, GTX 1080  RX 580 8GB and other stuff

Laptop: ThinkPad P50: i7 6820HQ, M2000M. ThinkPad T420s: i7 2640M, NVS 4200M

Feel free to pm me if you have a question for me or quote me. If you want to hear what I have to say about something just tag me.