Did I make the wrong choice? (Assassins Creed)

VirusStorm

I've never played assassins creed before so I got syndicate. Did I make the wrong choice? Should I have started with the ezio games? 

no, they're pretty independent

watch this and you'll be caught up

Snorlax: i7 5820k @4.5ghz, Asus X99 Pro, 32gb Corsair Vengeance LPX 2666, Cryorig R1 Ultimate, Samsung 850 evo 500gb, Asus GTX 1080 ROG Strix, Corsair RM850x, NZXT H440, Hue+

Smallsnor: Huawei Matebook X

Canon AE-1 w/ 50mm f/1.8 lens

Pentax KM w/ 55mm f/1.8 SMC lens

Zenit-E w/ 58mm f/2 Helios lens

Panasonic G7 with 14-42mm f/3.5 lens

Polaroid Spectra System

AC Rogue is better than Unity

Personal Desktop":

CPU: Intel Core i7 10700K @5ghz |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock Pro 4 |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Z490UD ATX|~| RAM: 16gb DDR4 3333mhzCL16 G.Skill Trident Z |~| GPU: RX 6900XT Sapphire Nitro+ |~| PSU: Corsair TX650M 80Plus Gold |~| Boot:  SSD WD Green M.2 2280 240GB |~| Storage: 1x3TB HDD 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda + SanDisk Ultra 3D 1TB |~| Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini |~| Display: Toshiba UL7A 4K/60hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.

Luna, the temporary Desktop:

CPU: AMD R9 7950XT  |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock 4 Pro |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus Master |~| RAM: 32G Kingston HyperX |~| GPU: AMD Radeon RX 7900XTX (Reference) |~| PSU: Corsair HX1000 80+ Platinum |~| Windows Boot Drive: 2x 512GB (1TB total) Plextor SATA SSD (RAID0 volume) |~| Linux Boot Drive: 500GB Kingston A2000 |~| Storage: 4TB WD Black HDD |~| Case: Cooler Master Silencio S600 |~| Display 1 (leftmost): Eizo (unknown model) 1920x1080 IPS @ 60Hz|~| Display 2 (center): BenQ ZOWIE XL2540 1920x1080 TN @ 240Hz |~| Display 3 (rightmost): Wacom Cintiq Pro 24 3840x2160 IPS @ 60Hz 10-bit |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro (games / art) + Linux (distro: NixOS; programming and daily driver)

1 minute ago, Princess Cadence said:

....but I said syndicate......

what a contribution to a thread about Syndicate

Snorlax: i7 5820k @4.5ghz, Asus X99 Pro, 32gb Corsair Vengeance LPX 2666, Cryorig R1 Ultimate, Samsung 850 evo 500gb, Asus GTX 1080 ROG Strix, Corsair RM850x, NZXT H440, Hue+

Polaroid Spectra System

If you ask me, you should start with the first game and work your way through. I recently started replaying them after watching the Assassin's Creed movie. Despite its age, the first Assassin's Creed game still looks good. The Ezio games continue on directly from the first one, so it's worth playing from the start. 

EDIT: I've not played anything later than 4 (and I didn't finish that), so I don't know how much it ties in to the other games. 

1 minute ago, VirusStorm said:

....but I said syndicate......

They came out together, just mentioning if you were ever interest in further games the 4 and Rogue along side the 3 will give a better gaming experience than the Unity, I didn't play the syndicate yet but honestly after what they did on Unity I don't really like to...

I just mean that the older ones seem better paced games.

Personal Desktop":

CPU: Intel Core i7 10700K @5ghz |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock Pro 4 |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Z490UD ATX|~| RAM: 16gb DDR4 3333mhzCL16 G.Skill Trident Z |~| GPU: RX 6900XT Sapphire Nitro+ |~| PSU: Corsair TX650M 80Plus Gold |~| Boot:  SSD WD Green M.2 2280 240GB |~| Storage: 1x3TB HDD 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda + SanDisk Ultra 3D 1TB |~| Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini |~| Display: Toshiba UL7A 4K/60hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.

CPU: AMD R9 7950XT  |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock 4 Pro |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus Master |~| RAM: 32G Kingston HyperX |~| GPU: AMD Radeon RX 7900XTX (Reference) |~| PSU: Corsair HX1000 80+ Platinum |~| Windows Boot Drive: 2x 512GB (1TB total) Plextor SATA SSD (RAID0 volume) |~| Linux Boot Drive: 500GB Kingston A2000 |~| Storage: 4TB WD Black HDD |~| Case: Cooler Master Silencio S600 |~| Display 1 (leftmost): Eizo (unknown model) 1920x1080 IPS @ 60Hz|~| Display 2 (center): BenQ ZOWIE XL2540 1920x1080 TN @ 240Hz |~| Display 3 (rightmost): Wacom Cintiq Pro 24 3840x2160 IPS @ 60Hz 10-bit |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro (games / art) + Linux (distro: NixOS; programming and daily driver)

2 minutes ago, shadowbyte said:

what a contribution to a thread about Syndicate

It is one, I ain't saying he should regret a choice, but if Syndicate leans to Unity then getting the 4 or Rogue are better options in my opinion.

Personal Desktop":

It is one, I ain't saying he should regret a choice, but if Syndicate leans to Unity then getting the 4 or Rogue are better options in my opinion.

considering he asked whether starting with the Ezio games was a good idea, this seems like a pretty random comment tbh

Polaroid Spectra System

4 minutes ago, VirusStorm said:

Should I refund syndicate and get 2, revelations, and brotherhood then? 

I'd do that and get the first game as well (it's cheap as chips). The story of the first few games is worth it IMO. 

i don't know, i'm pretty hesitant

5 minutes ago, Oshino Shinobu said:

I'd do that and get the first game as well (it's cheap as chips). The story of the first few games is worth it IMO. 

I really like syndicate 

I'm a really big fan of Assassins creed and played every game.

I definitely start with the first and so on, the story is worth it and the game is basic.

Every time you play the game below you will notice many improvements and that is cool because is always new and different stuff to do. 

2 hours ago, VirusStorm said:

Should I refund syndicate and get 2, revelations, and brotherhood then? 

Best AC games are the Ezio trilogy, and Black Flag. Rogue is pretty decent, too, and AC3 was worth a playthrough, IMO.

2 hours ago, Princess Cadence said:

They came out together

Rogue and Unity came out around the same time. Syndicate came out a year later than Unity.

You own the software that you purchase - Understanding software licenses and EULAs

"We’ll know our disinformation program is complete when everything the american public believes is false" - William Casey, CIA Director 1981-1987

7 hours ago, Princess Cadence said:

7 hours ago, shadowbyte said:

considering he asked whether starting with the Ezio games was a good idea, this seems like a pretty random comment tbh

7 hours ago, Oshino Shinobu said:

6 hours ago, Timon18 said:

I'm a really big fan of Assassins creed and played every game.

I definitely start with the first and so on, the story is worth it and the game is basic.

Every time you play the game below you will notice many improvements and that is cool because is always new and different stuff to do. 

4 hours ago, Delicieuxz said:

Best AC games are the Ezio trilogy, and Black Flag. Rogue is pretty decent, too, and AC3 was worth a playthrough, IMO.

Rogue and Unity came out around the same time. Syndicate came out a year later than Unity.

well, i cant refund syndicate. is syndicate still a good place to start?

1 hour ago, VirusStorm said:

yes, it's fine

Polaroid Spectra System

8 hours ago, VirusStorm said:

Since you bought that already play it.
If you like and start to play the others you will notice that they are not as evolved as the syndicate in terms of gameplay and graphics but they have good stories and are worth it. ;)

9 hours ago, VirusStorm said:

It is an excellent game, and you can jump right into the story line and not be missing anything.

The others are all great, and I would get them later if you can, but each of them is story independent for the most part.

Syndicate is the worst AC by far, no story at all, very few weapons/armor, overpowered talents... and jacob