How to setup a HTTP server

As stated in the title I was wanting to know how to setup a HTTP server.
My main questions are:
What programs do I use to setup the server?
What operating system should I run on the server?

I need the server to support php and sql. These are my only requirements I have. 
Thanks for the help in advance.

Easiest way is install ubuntu server or fedora server and choose the web server option. Web server is called apache. You have quite a choice for sql but most common would be MySQL. You can look up the others in Wikipedia for their differences

☼

ψ ︿_____︿_ψ_   

Apache web server, its great and a standard everywhere.

If you are just doing a test bench for web or programing. I recommend use XAMPP.

https://www.apachefriends.org/index.html

Else if you are doing come production, look for the requirements before plane the server environment.

Or go plane basic as Linux apache php mysql setup.

Anyways the main question is, What the heck are u trying to do with it?

well what os are you going to use for your server cause from there you have a choice and i can help you with that

It all depends on the purpose of the web server - if you are using Windows you have a few options:

• XAMPP (Apache, PHP, MySQL, etc.)
  • IIS

on a Linux server, you can try a LAMP/LEMP stack (Debian 8 tutorial) or use a control panel such as Ajenti to do it for you.

If you're running the web server on the same machine you are developing things on - XAMPP is a great choice aslong as the web server is not publicly facing. If you are using a Windows client but want to host the server separately and don't want the hassle of setting up an SMB or FTP share to setup then you could use IIS and Windows File Sharing, otherwise a Linux distro and LAMP would be your best bet.

edutechie

If everything in an Active Directory is an object and women can be part of an Active Directory, does that mean women are objects?

For plain web content serving, Apache, Nginx or Microsoft IIS Server.

If you need PHP, then add that to the mix. All of the above support PHP.

If you need a database, MySQL, MariaDB and PostgreSQL are most common RDBs out there. MongoDB for NoSQL.

There are plenty of tutorials on the internet, just depends on your use case and interests/needs.

HAL9000: AMD Ryzen 9 3900x | Noctua NH-D15 chromax.black | 32 GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200 MHz | Asus X570 Prime Pro | ASUS TUF 3080 Ti | 1 TB Samsung 970 Evo Plus + 1 TB Crucial MX500 + 6 TB WD RED | Corsair HX1000 | be quiet Pure Base 500DX | LG 34UM95 34" 3440x1440

Hydrogen server: Intel i3-10100 | Cryorig M9i | 64 GB Crucial Ballistix 3200MHz DDR4 | Gigabyte B560M-DS3H | 33 TB of storage | Fractal Design Define R5 | unRAID 6.9.2

Carbon server: Fujitsu PRIMERGY RX100 S7p | Xeon E3-1230 v2 | 16 GB DDR3 ECC | 60 GB Corsair SSD & 250 GB Samsung 850 Pro | Intel i340-T4 | ESXi 6.5.1

Big Mac cluster: 2x Raspberry Pi 2 Model B | 1x Raspberry Pi 3 Model B | 2x Raspberry Pi 3 Model B+

On 2/12/2017 at 7:11 AM, AinsleyHarriot539 said:

Thanks for the help I am going to use XAMPP as it has a large variety of tools and options.

thats the best if you are just using it for personal reasons

****SORRY FOR MY ENGLISH IT'S REALLY TERRIBLE*****

Been married to my wife for 3 years now! Yay!

On 15/02/2017 at 10:57 AM, samiscool51 said:

thats the best if you are just using it for personal reasons

I had set up a small test server to test the site if it works and now im considering on moving to apache is that good for a medium scale it would be mostly light use. Im making a message board with working logins and other stuff.

8 hours ago, AinsleyHarriot539 said:

I had set up a small test server to test the site if it works and now im considering on moving to apache is that good for a medium scale it would be mostly light use. Im making a message board with working logins and other stuff.

i really don't know enough about apache and how it works

i know someone who does!

hey @InitializingDev, you use apache daily, think you can help this guy out?

thanks dude!

****SORRY FOR MY ENGLISH IT'S REALLY TERRIBLE*****

Been married to my wife for 3 years now! Yay!