Does one need a network kill Switch?

THe BROKE KId

I have a friend who is #crazy .... so he his poking me and saying that i should have a network kill switch.... is here any benefit or use of it??

It's called "unplug the cable".

But there is no reason why you would ever need to do this, so...

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

4 minutes ago, Jacktastic-Mofo said:

For most of that the "network kill switch" is to just unplug your router. Your friend must be hella paranoid.

he is man..... he is nuts about mass surveillance 

1 minute ago, THe BROKE KId said:

then dont listen to him. you dont need to trust a crazy person.

My native language is C++

That's kinda dumb, cause the mass surveillance happens whether or not you're paranoid.

If he actually cared then he would stop using electronic devices and move to an isolated house in some forest with no internet.

That's pretty much the only way to prevent the surveillance.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

2 minutes ago, tt2468 said:

then dont listen to him. you dont need to trust a crazy person.

look what he did to his poor Ethernet cable  FI2EAT0HKPX8YLM.MEDIUM.jpg

2 minutes ago, Enderman said:

That's kinda dumb, cause the mass surveillance happens whether or not you're paranoid.

If he actually cared then he would stop using electronic devices and move to an isolated house in some forest with no internet.

Dont forget tinfoil. 

3 minutes ago, Enderman said:

I know..... but its not right to go crazy about it.... what about satellites ???? 

He sent me that .... 

I dont have any idea what he is thinking with that... There is literally zero reason for putting a patch cable there...

2 minutes ago, droidrzrlover said:

*facepalm* Tell him about VPNs... he and you can use that if you guys are paranoid... they encrypt your data.

As much I like safe-land  ... I still prefer fast-land

2 minutes ago, THe BROKE KId said:

He sent me that .... 

rip coax cable.

Back to VPNs, I use a VPN when I need to access my network from outside my network, in case something goes down... What I have is WebVPN.

As much I like safe-land  ... I still prefer fast-land

I understand that, I also prefer fast-land but I have two Cisco routers... call it overkill for a home network.

2 minutes ago, tt2468 said:

I dont have any idea what he is thinking with that... There is literally zero reason for putting a patch cable there...

now do you have any doubt that he is nuts??? 

1 minute ago, droidrzrlover said:

I understand that, I also prefer fast-land but I have two Cisco routers... call it overkill for a home network.

not bad for a old DSL 

5917551901.png

You are such n00bs. I have a multi layer satellite VPN set up. I send my data at 1337 gigahertz to my satilite on the moon, which relays it to my space capsule on the surface of the sun, which then sends the data to the nearest black hole, through 18 parallel universes, that leads to the center of the earth, where I use a teleportation device to directly communicate with my detestation server through a virtual ribbon cable, after, of course using a time machine to minimize my latency.

2 minutes ago, ShadySocks said:

You are such n00bs. I have a multi layer satellite VPN set up. I send my data at 1337 gigahertz to my satilite on the moon, which relays it to my space capsule on the surface of the sun, which then sends the data to the nearest black hole, through 18 parallel universes, that leads to the center of the earth, where I use a teleportation device to directly communicate with my detestation server through a virtual ribbon cable, after, of course using a time machine to minimize my latency.

c u at defcon 25

2 minutes ago, ShadySocks said:

speechless