amd/intel chip comparrison

i'm not lokking for a pc atm,but i just wonderd,why does no one use amd?

i mean, a 7700k is 350$, while this AMD FX-9590 4.7GHz 8-Core higher clocked, true 8 core is only 190$.

there are the Obvious things, like DDR3 onny, but linus learned us that thats not a big preformance hit.

it can overclock, on any amd chipset, the boards are cheaper, but he tdp is higher, wich is not a big deal for me, since only 20 bucks more on a psu is np.

any ideas for other reasons? would the 7700k outperform the FX-9590?

@RUWO_builderCouple of reasons....

1. Its not just about cores x clockspeeds = performance. Some programs (such as games) cannot even really leverage 8 cores most of the time.

2. that specific AMD chip is very very old. If you compare an i7 840 to an i7 6700, they both have 4 cores, both have 8 threads, and both have similar clockspeeds.... but the 6700 will OBLITERATE the 840 because of its architectural improvements. It is designed differently, which makes it more efficient, thus allowing it to have more "IPC" (instructions per clock). in 10 years if you compare any 4c 8t CPU to the current i7 7700k, it will also follow this same pattern. We've been stuck in the 4-5GHZ speed barrier of consumer CPU's for quite some time now, but what you can get out of 4-5GHz is always steadily improving.

3. Yes. the 7700k is significantly more powerful than the FX-9590. Depending on exactly what you're doing that difference can be larger or smaller and you may not necessarily opt for the 7700k if price:performance ratios are your concern, but in general terms the 7700k is vastly superior.

I should clarify though. This doesn't mean there is anything inherently wrong with AMD cpu's or gpu's as a whole. several years ago when the AMD chip was recent it was actually a good buy and a good investment for the right uses. Its simply several years old now and had been outgrown by the competition.

I am not certain on this information, but here is what I got:

Why intel is better right now

1) single threaded performance is better

2) lower power usage (noise, heat, etc)

3) more common

4) the AMD is not a true 8 core

5) AMD Ryzen is about to make all current AMD chips obsolete

Yes, the i7-7700K will vastly outperform the FX-9590 in both single and multi threaded workloads. Clock speed isn't going to be relevant unless you overclocked it all the way to the moon.

AMD FX processors aren't bad, though. You will still get good gaming performance on both processors without overclocking. I'd personally wait for Ryzen if you're looking for an AMD CPU, but if you must get one now, I'd personally go for the cheaper FX-8300 or FX-8350.

Typical newbie mistake is thinking that more cores + more click speed = more performance.

This is wrong.

Go look at real benchmarks, an i7 is better than all current AMD processors.

Also, the 9590 is pretty much the worst CPU currently in existence, it should die in a fire :)

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

ok, thanks im not going to buy any of them sonn anyway, but why is it not a trough 8core

2 minutes ago, Enderman said:

Also, the 9590 is pretty much the worst CPU currently in existence, it should die in a fire :)

It will literally light on fire if you don't use a fancy cooler :)

1 minute ago, ShadySocks said:

It will literally light on fire if you don't use a fancy cooler :)

haha

5 minutes ago, RUWO_builder said:

ok, thanks im not going to buy any of them sonn anyway, but why is it not a trough 8core

it is because of how fx chips are made 

Good luck, Have fun, Build PC, and have a last gen console for use once a year. I should answer most of the time between 9 to 3 PST

NightHawk 3.0: R7 5700x @, B550A vision D, H105, 2x32gb Oloy 3600, Sapphire RX 6700XT  Nitro+, Corsair RM750X, 500 gb 850 evo, 2tb rocket and 5tb Toshiba x300, 2x 6TB WD Black W10 all in a 750D airflow.
GF PC: (nighthawk 2.0): R7 2700x, B450m vision D, 4x8gb Geli 2933, Strix GTX970, CX650M RGB, Obsidian 350D

Skunkworks: R5 3500U, 16gb, 500gb Adata XPG 6000 lite, Vega 8. HP probook G455R G6 Ubuntu 20. LTS

Condor (MC server): 6600K, z170m plus, 16gb corsair vengeance LPX, samsung 750 evo, EVGA BR 450.

Spirt  (NAS) ASUS Z9PR-D12, 2x E5 2620V2, 8x4gb, 24 3tb HDD. F80 800gb cache, trueNAS, 2x12disk raid Z3 stripped

PSU Tier List      Motherboard Tier List     SSD Tier List     How to get PC parts cheap    HP probook 445R G6 review

"Stupidity is like trying to find a limit of a constant. You are never truly smart in something, just less stupid."

Camera Gear: X-S10, 16-80 F4, 60D, 24-105 F4, 50mm F1.4, Helios44-m, 2 Cos-11D lavs

An i5-6600k laughs the amd 8 core out the door there god awful tbh ryzen should fixed that

international racing driver

My Build

i5-7600k

hyper x fury 16gb (2133)mhz

asus strix 1070 

CM 212x

asus z270-p

corsair 550w psu

agon 1440p 144hz tn monitor

corsair strafe mx silent KB

corsair void rbg (wired)

razer mamba te with firefly mouse pat

ps4 controller using ds4 windows

28 minutes ago, RUWO_builder said:

it is 8 core but the cores are 2 in 1 module (4 modules - 8 cores)  witch sucks beacause they share resources between the 2 cores in 1  module. As a user of amd athlon 760k (4 cores 2 modules) for quite a few years you only see it in things like cinebench  - when all of my 4 cores got hit 2 are faster and 2 are slower (from witch 1 is terribly slower).

Why in general fx 9590 sucks  - it uses a lot of power! - you need good mb (you cant get the cheapest crap with the same socket and hey it works) and not just that  - this chip if i remember uses like 200W+ and if you try to OC it (theres a video of this in YT) the motherboards will freak and turn off (thats because this chip is already super OCed 8350)

This is why it sucks and why it doesnt suck that much  - if you use some program that benefits from more cores and you need it NOW   - yeah still better wait for ryzen :D. I watch 1 YT channel that the guy used the 9590  to make a secound recording or rendering pc and said it works dope.

(https://www.cpubenchmark.net/singleThread.html

and here you can see that its not that terrible performance wise also)