5-year-old laptop dead, need new one asap

AudiS8

I don't do any video editing or related work. I need it for business as it's with me 10-12 hours/day at the office and at meetings with clients, but this usage entails email and browser; on the flipside when I am at home my other primary usage is headphones and TV shows/podcasts/etc (it's my TV, if you will). So I use it all day, those two purposes work+home (and token Dota 2 on weekends or here and there).

I was checking the Surface Pro 4 and the XPS, I really like them due to portability. I think I am done with the traditional laptop, I need one that's lighter with beast battery life so I can pick it up and walk around with it, set it here or there and use my wireless headphones for a really mobile package. Battery life in mind I lean toward the XPS, I like the 2-in-1 SP4 concept but I don't need to do any Adobe/AutoCAD/etc. so would I need that? Also, I don't think I *need* the Nvidia GPU, but it's nice to get just in case I suppose, what would you guys recommend?

Thank you for any help I would need to make this purchase by end of weekend.

edit: Silly me, say budget is ~1,500 range, it's ok if a bit over or what have you I'll pay for a decent product. Thanks very much.

10 minutes ago, AudiS8 said:

I don't do any video editing or related work. I need it for business as it's with me 10-12 hours/day at the office and at meetings with clients, but this usage entails email and browser; on the flipside when I am at home my other primary usage is headphones and TV shows/podcasts/etc (it's my TV, if you will). So I use it all day, those two purposes work+home (and token Dota 2 on weekends or here and there).

I was checking the Surface Pro 4 and the XPS, I really like them due to portability. I think I am done with the traditional laptop, I need one that's lighter with beast battery life so I can pick it up and walk around with it, set it here or there and use my wireless headphones for a really mobile package. Battery life in mind I lean toward the XPS, I like the 2-in-1 SP4 concept but I don't need to do any Adobe/AutoCAD/etc. so would I need that? Also, I don't think I *need* the Nvidia GPU, but it's nice to get just in case I suppose, what would you guys recommend?

Thank you for any help I would need to make this purchase by end of weekend.

edit: Silly me, say budget is ~1,500 range, it's ok if a bit over or what have you I'll pay for a decent product. Thanks very much.

i really like the new hp spectre x360 and the lenovo yoga 910. both are ultra portable and offer great battery life

Current Rig=  AMD Ryzen 9 5900x, Asus Crosshair Hero VIII, EVGA RTX 3070 FTW3 ultra, 32gb Corsair Vengence Pro RGB 3000hz White, EVGA 750 P2 PSU, 1TB Samsung 980 Pro, 500gb samsung 860 evo, 250GB Samsung 850 evo, 2TB Samsung 970 Evo Plus, 2TB seagate firecuda sshd,  LianLi PC 011 Dynamic XL ROG edition, Corsair h150i elite capelix

7 minutes ago, xdeathshot20 said:

i really like the new hp spectre x360 and the lenovo yoga 910. both are ultra portable and offer great battery life

I was about to recommend the new spectre x360 aswell. Gonna get one of those for University myself soon.

In case you havent watched yet: 

here si the review from Linus