MX master user "review".(Connected to mac)

mrchow19910319

I bought this mouse a month ago. Thought that I may share my user experience with you guys. 

Hardware wise this mouse is as good as it can get when it comes to wireless mouse. I have not use other high end wireless mouse myself , but, lets just put it this way, the ergonomic of this mouse is way better than my G502 as well as steelseries sensei. Left click and right click button is neither too hard nor too soft. The surface if the mouse is quite smooth, yet not slippery. (I have no idea how they did this) The scroll wheel is a better version of G502's scroll wheel. It is just perfect. Some people complain that the mouse is too big for them. But for me it is the right size. After using this mouse , there is no way, no way I am gonna get used to any other wireless mouse. Especially on OS X. 

Software wise, this mouse has A LOT to improve. (At least on OS X Sierra). After a week of usage the mouse started to have some connection issue. (Especially on bluetooth ) 90% of the time the mouse is working, but the other 10% can really drive you nuts. Here are a list of issue I encountered: 

1. Cannot establish a connection. (Via bluetooth)
  2. Cannot establish a connection. (Via Logitech dongle)
  3. After restart my mac, connection lost.
  4. Bluetooth/system preferences crashed just because I was changing connect method of the mouse and tried to troubleshoot. (Either it is this mouse driver issue, or OS X is not stable. But other than that, the system preferences NEVER crashed on me before. )

Also Logitech's support is quite terrible. You can go see their forum has a lot of people complain about connection issue. 

The bright side is that all these can be fixed (hopefully) by driver updates. 

How many of you guys bought this mouse??? How does it work on windows?? (I tried for an hour only, no problem so far. ) Do you guys encounter any similar issues??? 

Post your thought here. 

IMG_20170105_195429.jpgIMG_20170105_195439.jpg

If it is not broken, let's fix till it is. 

1 hour ago, Mug said:

?

I guess you can always send it back if it's not working.

Well. The thing is it is working. Just not 100% working........   

When it is working ,(like right now) god damn I love this mouse.  LOL. 

I have an MX Master and a Mac (late 2006 "max spec" crapbook) running Mountain Lion and Windows XP. None of your issues are apparent here, though old Mac doesn't support BT 4 so I have to use the dongle.

13 hours ago, Jalmio said:

I have an MX Master and a Mac (late 2006 "max spec" crapbook) running Mountain Lion and Windows XP. None of your issues are apparent here, though old Mac doesn't support BT 4 so I have to use the dongle.

I see...... I think that when using dongle the mouse is working fine.

I had no idea they made a white one, interesting. I have a black one and it's great for general use, however I'd never use it for gaming. I think it's probably one of, if not the worst mouse for gaming.

I don't really agree with your quality comment. I find it's a bit light, and feels a tad on the cheap side. I plan to buy an Asus Spatha for my next build, the fact that I don't need to plug in a cable to charge it is a huge draw. The MX Master will be downgraded to my office computer. Then hopefully I won't have to switch back and forth.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

21 minutes ago, dizmo said:

Interesting.  It might be because that I just really like the ergonomic of the mouse. 

22 minutes ago, dizmo said:

Which mouse you prefer then ??? Which one that you used before/ are using feels more premium than mx master??? 

Not to question your opinion, just interested to know. 

1 minute ago, mrchow19910319 said:

Which mouse you prefer then ??? Which one that you used before/ are using feels more premium than mx master??? 

Not to question your opinion, just interested to know. 

I definitely find the feel of my Thermaltake Level 10 M feels vastly superior. Prior experience with Logitech products also tells me that the rubber coating will last significantly longer on the Thermaltake than the MX Master.

I'm actually pretty torn between the Level 10 M Hybrid, or the Spatha but the Spatha's stand wins.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

Spoiler

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

Spoiler

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

2 minutes ago, dizmo said:

That is one cool looking mouse. A bit like mad catz rat 7.

2 minutes ago, mrchow19910319 said:

That is one cool looking mouse. A bit like mad catz rat 7.

It's built like a tank, and for the price (I paid $49 CDN for it) it's been absolutely outstanding.

One of my biggest gripes about the MX Master is that it doesn't go high enough DPI wise.

Spoiler

Spoiler

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

2 minutes ago, dizmo said:

I see. I don't see myself caring about that one though. For me it is nice cos I like its ability of making gestures in OS X. I use all those gestures to navigate between desktops and windows etc/

11 minutes ago, EmeraldFlame said:

I've been using one at work for roughly 6 months on both W7 and W10. No problems what-so-ever on that side of things.

Good to know!!! So OS X is whacky then... 

I have the Black and Gold version and I'm running Windows 10.  At first I had some issues with connectivity but after an update on my Bluetooth drivers it worked perfectly. I agree comfortable the mouse is, I switched computers and no longer have Bluetooth and miss it so much LOL

Want to custom loop?  Ask me more if you are curious

2 hours ago, Damascus said:

I switched computers and no longer have Bluetooth and miss it so much LOL

Use the included usb dongle. 

Edit: Your profile picture.......   LUL

Edited by mrchow19910319

6 hours ago, dizmo said:

I had no idea they made a white one, interesting. I have a black one and it's great for general use, however I'd never use it for gaming. I think it's probably one of, if not the worst mouse for gaming.

I don't really agree with your quality comment. I find it's a bit light, and feels a tad on the cheap side. I plan to buy an Asus Spatha for my next build, the fact that I don't need to plug in a cable to charge it is a huge draw. The MX Master will be downgraded to my office computer. Then hopefully I won't have to switch back and forth.

It's hardly the worst mouse for gaming. Ever used a rollerball mouse? Or most just about any super cheap wireless mice? Sure, it's a little bit laggy, but it's hardly unusable, especially if you're playing anything that isn't competitive. 

I strongly disagree with you on the weight/build quality front. I think you might be used to much heavier mice. I've found that the MX master is a great mouse as far as build quality goes, and it certainly holds up well, as I've dropped it a few times.

The Spatha is ugly as sin, but that's probably just because I'm a) not the biggest fan of the whole RGB craze that's going on right now, and b) I really tend to dislike the gaming looking gear (Coming from keyboards, it's full aluminum/understated, or nothing - I loathe RGB boards, and all of the gamer boards out there, including to some extent ducky boards.)

Hey! New SIgnature! 

I'm supposedly a person on the Internet, but you'll never know if I'm human or not ;)

I lost the dongle unfortunately DX

Want to custom loop?  Ask me more if you are curious

8 hours ago, KaminKevCrew said:

It's hardly the worst mouse for gaming. Ever used a rollerball mouse? Or most just about any super cheap wireless mice? Sure, it's a little bit laggy, but it's hardly unusable, especially if you're playing anything that isn't competitive. 

-snip-

My dad plays all of his games with a rollerball mouse and he loves it.

I find the ergonomics unusable, not the lag.

Give it time. Every Logitech mouse I've ever owned has had the "rubber" wear away much faster than it reasonably should.

Aesthetics are open to perception. It's a poor argument to make. While it's not the best looking mouse, I find it far from hideous. The features that I want are there. Charging stand, heavier weight, ability to change switches. It doesn't look as gamery as a ton of other mice. I like RGB solely for the purpose of having a different color backlight. I can change it from what might be a harsh red to a white, or a softer color. I'm not limited by what the manufacturer deemed appropriate.

Spoiler

Spoiler

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

I have been using this mouse since it came out on a mac and have had no problems.... I would just send it back if you can. 

I have a 2019 macbook pro with 64gb of ram and my gaming pc has been in the closet since 2018

3 hours ago, Damascus said:

That. Mine's been plugged in all the time but I was slightly disappointed when I realized that the mouse itself doesn't have a slot for it.

2 hours ago, Jalmio said:

That. Mine's been plugged in all the time but I was slightly disappointed when I realized that the mouse itself doesn't have a slot for it.

Yeah. I personally have a case for mine, and the case has a spot where you can tuck the adapter in pretty easily, even it it isn't really a spot meant for it.

4 hours ago, dizmo said:

My dad plays all of his games with a rollerball mouse and he loves it.

I find the ergonomics unusable, not the lag.

Give it time. Every Logitech mouse I've ever owned has had the "rubber" wear away much faster than it reasonably should.

Aesthetics are open to perception. It's a poor argument to make. While it's not the best looking mouse, I find it far from hideous. The features that I want are there. Charging stand, heavier weight, ability to change switches. It doesn't look as gamery as a ton of other mice. I like RGB solely for the purpose of having a different color backlight. I can change it from what might be a harsh red to a white, or a softer color. I'm not limited by what the manufacturer deemed appropriate.

Your dad is a god among men then (though if you mean trackball, I totally get that. I could use an opto-mechanical trackball all day long!)

Aesthetics may be a poor argument to make, but it's as valid an argument as your argument against the ergonomics. I find it to be an exceptionally comfortable mouse to hold and use.

Hey! New SIgnature! 

I'm supposedly a person on the Internet, but you'll never know if I'm human or not ;)

6 minutes ago, KaminKevCrew said:

Aesthetics may be a poor argument to make, but it's as valid an argument as your argument against the ergonomics. I find it to be an exceptionally comfortable mouse to hold and use.

Yeah. IMO it both looks and especially feels absolutely fantastic.

6 hours ago, NeoZeon said:

I have been using this mouse since it came out on a mac and have had no problems.... I would just send it back if you can. 

My mouse is still under warranty. But, I can't get a refund, nor can I ask them give me a new one. The thing I am worried about is that the more they "fix " it for you, the more unreliable the hardware become... I don't know whether this makes sense. Like the original state of the hardware is always more reliable after you opened it and teared it apart then put them back together...... 

On 2/11/2017 at 1:24 PM, Damascus said:

On 2/11/2017 at 4:33 PM, Jalmio said:

You can get replacements pretty cheap online: https://www.amazon.com/Logitech-Unifying-receiver-mouse-keyboard/dp/B0058OU8VY