Overclocking questions 7600k

i have a 7600k on a z170 asrock pro4 with 8gb of avexir core 2666 mhz ram. i currently have my cpu at 4.8 ghz at 1.3 volts. any tips would be appreciated on stress testing, voltage, stability and on the avx instruction set since ive heard it tends to go beyond voltage limit. (i use handbrake and from what i hear it uses avx) Please tell me EVERYTHING you know.

5 minutes ago, RyanUnimatrix1 said:

i have a 7600k on a z170 asrock pro4 with 8gb of avexir core 2666 mhz ram. i currently have my cpu at 4.8 ghz at 1.3 volts. any tips would be appreciated on stress testing, voltage, stability and on the avx instruction set since ive heard it tends to go beyond voltage limit. (i use handbrake and from what i hear it uses avx) Please tell me EVERYTHING you know.

i usually do a 5 hour aida 64 stresstest (check all tthe boxes)

6 minutes ago, Christopher_ said:

i usually do a 5 hour aida 64 stresstest (check all tthe boxes)

thank you. sadly i dont have aida 64 cuz im poor. lol cpu was a birthday present. ive been using the stress test built in to intel XTU and hwmonitor 

4 minutes ago, RyanUnimatrix1 said:

No need to adjust AVX offset.  Leave it at 0 for maximum CPU performance.  Selecting anything other than that triggers a clock speed reduction when AVX loads are detected based on the offset amount selected.  So if you're running your CPU at 5 GHz with an AVX offset of 2, it will clock down to 4.8 GHz when AVX is detected.  It's great for those who want to push their overclocks to the limit, but it's really cheating if you ask me.

Your voltage is high for 4.8 GHz.  As an example, my 7700k is Prime95 blend with AVX stable at 5 GHz with 1.29v.  Keep in mind that Prime95 is a very unrealistic load so really 1.29v is really higher than actually needed for daily use.  My chip is delidded so there is a slight voltage improvement, but my point still stands.  Your 7600k should not require 1.3v for stability at 1.3v.

If delid is an option, DO IT!!  Temps improve greatly and voltages improve a bit too.

Keep your CPU PLL voltage, VCCSA, and VCCIO as low as you need to remain stable.  This will help core temps.

RealBench is a pretty damn good stress test.  Just select stress test and pick 4 or 8 hours for the duration.  Make sure that you select the appropriate amount of memory that you have installed as running anything less or at the default setting of 4GB will make the test easier to pass, which is what you don't want.

6 minutes ago, done12many2 said:

No need to adjust AVX offset.  Leave it at 0 for maximum CPU performance.  Selecting anything other than that triggers a clock speed reduction when AVX loads are detected based on the offset amount selected.  So if you're running your CPU at 5 GHz with an AVX offset of 2, it will clock down to 4.8 GHz when AVX is detected.  It's great for those who want to push their overclocks to the limit, but it's really cheating if you ask me.

Your voltage is high for 4.8 GHz.  As an example, my 7700k is Prime95 blend with AVX stable at 5 GHz with 1.29v.  Keep in mind that Prime95 is a very unrealistic load so really 1.29v is really higher than actually needed for daily use.  My chip is delidded so there is a slight voltage improvement, but my point still stands.  Your 7600k should not require 1.3v for stability at 1.3v.

If delid is an option, DO IT!!  Temps improve greatly and voltages improve a bit too.

Keep your CPU PLL voltage, VCCSA, and VCCIO as low as you need to remain stable.  This will help core temps.

RealBench is a pretty damn good stress test.  Just select stress test and pick 4 or 8 hours for the duration.  Make sure that you select the appropriate amount of memory that you have installed as running anything less or at the default setting of 4GB will make the test easier to pass, which is what you don't want.

Hey, thanks! You were VERY helpful!!! im downloading realbench now.