Micro SD Card Issue and Speculations (on Samsung Products)

mkylem

So, I recently found out that my micro-SD card wasn't recognized by my phone (Samsung Illusion, SHC-I110). I wanted to make sure that I could back-up the data so I plugged it into my computer. As it turns out, it's corrupted. Since I'm not a complete idiot, I had backups of everything that was very important to me. Sadly, that is not the case for my dad. He has a Samsung Galaxy S3 (SCH-I535) and his micro-SD happened to be corrupted as well (both happening within two days of each other). Since we're the only people in our family of four that use Samsung products and since it hasn't occurred to anyone else in my our family, we were wondering if it was a common occurrence among other people. Any suggestions for how to possibly get the data back (although I greatly doubt it) will be greatly appreciated.

Omg really??? My Galaxy S3 Micro SD card was just randomly corrupted too! I lost all my pictures that was transferred from 2 of my previous phones! My dogs my friends all gone!

Omg really??? My Galaxy S3 Micro SD card was just randomly corrupted too! I lost all my pictures that was transferred from 2 of my previous phones! My dogs my friends all gone!
If this is something that's common with Samsung phones, they're going to have a massive issue. I think this is enough to hinder the S4 sales. Anyway, losing data, especially pictures of family members and friends is never fun. I'm sorry for your loss.

This is a common compatibility issue between SanDisk 32gb and up SD cards with Samsung phones. Any other SD card brand should work fine with Samsung products.

My Mobile Devices: HTC Dream (G1) Rooted, HTC Bravo (Desire) Rooted, Samsung Galaxy SII Rooted, Samsung Galaxy Note II Rooted, iPhone 4s Jailbroken, iPad 2 Jailbroken

This is a common compatibility issue between SanDisk 32gb and up SD cards with Samsung phones. Any other SD card brand should work fine with Samsung products.
I do have a 32 GB class 4 micro SD card, but it's Transcend, not SanDisk.

Ah ok. It could be that the Samsung phone has the same issue with that brand. I know for a fact that Samsung SD cards work flawlessly regardless of storage size.

My Mobile Devices: HTC Dream (G1) Rooted, HTC Bravo (Desire) Rooted, Samsung Galaxy SII Rooted, Samsung Galaxy Note II Rooted, iPhone 4s Jailbroken, iPad 2 Jailbroken