AVerMedia Live Gamer Portable LITE response times (Help needed!)

scooterandy11

OK So I have a laptop witch is not the best (Check my profile for its spec) and I want to record my monitor with it. I was looking for a cheap solution with a capture device as bandicam and other screen recorders drop my fps from 60 to around 15. But I play games that need low latency ( LOL Insurgency CS:GO And the most important one OSU!) dose anybody know or can find out what the response times of this capture device are? Thank you.

The hdmi passthrough is just a passthrough, it should add no latency.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

46 minutes ago, Enderman said:

The hdmi passthrough is just a passthrough, it should add no latency.

Does it also affect performance? Or is this a stupid question by me? xD

1 minute ago, scooterandy11 said:

Does it also affect performance? Or is this a stupid question by me? xD

Nope :)

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

2 hours ago, Enderman said:

Nope :)

I read up that it uses my cpu. I have never dealt with video recording before but my mind won't let me rest on this. But, with my configuration of my laptop (on profile) would this offect my games performance to much? Again I think it's just my mind over reacting  but if you could clarify your answer that wold be great.

EDIT: I game on my laptop with a secondary screen.

4 minutes ago, scooterandy11 said:

I read up that it uses my cpu. I have never dealt with video recording before but my mind won't let me rest on this. But, with my configuration of my laptop (on profile) would this offect my games performance to much? Again I think it's just my mind over reacting  but if you could clarify your answer that wold be great.

EDIT: I game on my laptop with a secondary screen.

It needs CPU to process the signal from the USB and stream it to twitch.

It does not need CPU to do the video encoding.

The video encoding is what reduces the FPS the most.

If you use another PC to stream the video then there will be 0 performance impact, if you use the same PC to stream it then there will be some performance impact but not as much as doing the streaming through software.

Spoiler

4 minutes ago, Enderman said:

It needs CPU to process the signal from the USB and stream it to twitch.

It does not need CPU to do the video encoding.

The video encoding is what reduces the FPS the most.

If you use another PC to stream the video then there will be 0 performance impact, if you use the same PC to stream it then there will be some performance impact but not as much as doing the streaming through software.

In my case  my laptop can run things like bandicam but only at medium settings in lol so are you saying that's will be able to run the game with a 10fps ish drop or is it going to be more than that? Because when I run games my cpu usage is around 90-100% due to intergrated graphics.

2 minutes ago, scooterandy11 said:

In my case  my laptop can run things like bandicam but only at medium settings in lol so are you saying that's will be able to run the game with a 10fps ish drop or is it going to be more than that? Because when I run games my cpu usage is around 90-100% due to intergrated graphics.

I would guess less than 10. The main thing that it will affect is your internet speed, because it needs to upload the video.

Spoiler

11 minutes ago, Enderman said:

I would guess less than 10. The main thing that it will affect is your internet speed, because it needs to upload the video.

At my house my internet speeds are shocking but when I stream I stream at a friends house with 200mbps up so that is no issue. It's just the fact of me not having a proper gpu in my laptop. And I would record at home with it anyways that's why I ask about the Fps.

2 minutes ago, scooterandy11 said:

At my house my internet speeds are shocking but when I stream I stream at a friends house with 200mbps up so that is no issue. It's just the fact of me not having a proper gpu in my laptop. And I would record at home with it anyways that's why I ask about the Fps.

Well then there's nothing better than an external capture card like that, so you either use that or you don't stream at all :P

Spoiler