So many cases...

Timon18

Hi all, 

I have been looking for cases and with so many is kind of hard tried to decide which one is the best for me.

I am thinking some mid tower, and my concern is about dust, cooling and noise. But honestly I dont know what to choose.

PS: I havent decide if should have one with a window or not.

2 minutes ago, Timon18 said:

Hi all, 

I have been looking for cases and with so many is kind of hard tried to decide which one is the best for me.

I am thinking some mid tower, and my concern is about dust, cooling and noise. But honestly I dont know what to choose.

PS: I havent decide if should have one with a window or not.

Budget?

Quote or tag if you want me to answer! PM me if you are in a real hurry!

Why do Java developers wear glasses? Because they can't C#!

My Machines:

The Gaming Rig:

Spoiler

-Processor: i5 6600k @4.6GHz

-Graphics: GTX1060 6GB G1 Gaming

-RAM: 2x8GB HyperX DDR4 2133MHz

-Motherboard: Asus Z170-A

-Cooler: Corsair H100i

-PSU: EVGA 650W 80+bronze

-AOC 1080p ultrawide

My good old laptop:

Spoiler

Lenovo T430

-Processor: i7 3520M

-4GB DDR3 1600MHz

-Graphics: intel iGPU :(

-Not even 1080p

Budget? Color scheme? Just to float a few names out there, i recommend the NZXT s340 Elite, NZXT h440, Fractal designs define r5, Fractal Designs define s, Phanteks Enthoo Primo. Any of those should work great. 

******If you paste in text into your post, please click the "remove formatting" button for night theme users.******

CPU- Intel 6700k OC to 4.69 Ghz GPU- NVidia Geforce GTX 970 (MSI) RAM- 16gb DDR4 2400 SSD-2x500gb samsung 850 EVO(SATA) Raid 0 HDD- 2tb Seagate Case- H440 Red w/ custom lighting Motherboard - MSI Z170 Gaming A OS- Windows 10 Mouse- Razer Naga Epic Chroma, Final Mouse 2016 turney proKeyboard- Corsair k70 Cherry MX brown

26 minutes ago, bgibbz said:

Budget? Color scheme? Just to float a few names out there, i recommend the NZXT s340 Elite, NZXT h440, Fractal designs define r5, Fractal Designs define s, Phanteks Enthoo Primo. Any of those should work great. 

@dany_boy

Yes sorry, around 100USD.

I liked the NZXT s340 and fractal r5. 

I also dont want a bay to dvd drive.

The colors I am thinking definitely black with maybe red or just black would do just fine.

2 minutes ago, Timon18 said:

@dany_boy

The colors I am thinking definitely black with maybe red or just black would do just fine.

I suggest this then - https://pcpartpicker.com/product/K8QRsY/nzxt-ca-s340w-b4-atx-mid-tower-case-ca-s340w-b4

It has tempered glass, front panel HDMI (useful for VR), and one of the best interiors of any case on the market. 

******If you paste in text into your post, please click the "remove formatting" button for night theme users.******

CPU- Intel 6700k OC to 4.69 Ghz GPU- NVidia Geforce GTX 970 (MSI) RAM- 16gb DDR4 2400 SSD-2x500gb samsung 850 EVO(SATA) Raid 0 HDD- 2tb Seagate Case- H440 Red w/ custom lighting Motherboard - MSI Z170 Gaming A OS- Windows 10 Mouse- Razer Naga Epic Chroma, Final Mouse 2016 turney proKeyboard- Corsair k70 Cherry MX brown

1 minute ago, Timon18 said:

@dany_boy

Are you absolutely certain about that DVD drive? I have not used one in over 2 years, but hey whatever floats your boat.

I have the white version of the S340 and I love it. I would definitely recommend you to get the elite version if you can.

Quote or tag if you want me to answer! PM me if you are in a real hurry!

Why do Java developers wear glasses? Because they can't C#!

My Machines:

The Gaming Rig:

Spoiler

-Processor: i5 6600k @4.6GHz

-Graphics: GTX1060 6GB G1 Gaming

-RAM: 2x8GB HyperX DDR4 2133MHz

-Motherboard: Asus Z170-A

-Cooler: Corsair H100i

-PSU: EVGA 650W 80+bronze

-AOC 1080p ultrawide

My good old laptop:

Spoiler

Lenovo T430

-Processor: i7 3520M

-4GB DDR3 1600MHz

-Graphics: intel iGPU :(

-Not even 1080p

2 hours ago, dany_boy said:

Are you absolutely certain about that DVD drive? I have not used one in over 2 years, but hey whatever floats your boat.

I have the white version of the S340 and I love it. I would definitely recommend you to get the elite version if you can.

2 hours ago, bgibbz said:

I suggest this then - https://pcpartpicker.com/product/K8QRsY/nzxt-ca-s340w-b4-atx-mid-tower-case-ca-s340w-b4

It has tempered glass, front panel HDMI (useful for VR), and one of the best interiors of any case on the market. 

In the store that I want to buy doesnt have the S340 Elite, only the S340 or the Special Edition with razer but is a little over my budget...

I was looking in to that: Fractal Design Define 

What you guys think? The S340 is silent?

The s340 definitely isnt as quiet as the Define R5. 

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

3 hours ago, TVwazhere said:

The s340 definitely isnt as quiet as the Define R5. 

I have seen the s340 razer edition which is little cheaper than Define R5 but more expensive than the normal s340.

What your opinion? Is worth it?

Or have you another case in mind?

Functionally, the s340 razer edition is no different than the regular s340, its all cosmetic stuff like black and green theme and a light up logo on the front. It's not worth the extra $20 you spend on it. I would recommend the Define R5 because you want it to be as quiet as possible. If it's not actually that big of a deal, and you can live with a little bit of noise, the s340 is a better "bang for the buck". Either one you go with, no one will really disagree with you.

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

Well. Being swedish id say Fractal r5. It ain't junk, it's silent. it's a clean modern case, perfect for a good comfort build. You can buy with or without window. If you want to change there is the other way around for a really reasonable price.

The Phanteks p400s isn't bad. Has good cable management and you can get it without window/windowed/or tempered glass side. All of them are under a hundred bucks. I can vouch for this case as I now have 2 of them. 

Current Build

AMD Ryzen 2600

Stock cooler

Asus ROG B450f gaming Mobo

1tb SKHynix m.2

WD 1TB HDD

Asus ROG Strix RX 5700xt

Thermaltake Toughpower 650w DPS RGB 80+Gold

16 Gigs ddr4 3000 gskill ram

Phantek fans

Phanteks P400TG

Laptop

Eluktronics Prometheus XVII

Ryzen 7 5800h

32 gigs ddr4 Corsair ram

Nvidia rtx 3080 max-p

17.3 qhd 165 hrz screen

1tb Samsung m.2

1tb WD black m.2

i have the fractal define s, but now the define c is out, i got mine for 69$cad, if it was full price i would've probably picked the p400s instead, but a define s for literally 50$us was too awesome of a deal to let pass.

And it's also a very solid case, was my first build and it was easy to build in it. it's large, very wide, austere looking, i had mine with a full panel with sound dampening material in it, it's not flashy at all, almost doesnt look like a computer but i like it.

2 little issues with it, my main panel came with a flex in it, like it will rigidly switch from one flex to another if i apply force, idk if you know what i mean... it's like made slightly bent with the reinforcements bars too. probably a production defect but it does'nt affect things.

and also the front ports feel on the cheap side. other than that it's perfect.

18 hours ago, Howitz said:

i have the fractal define s, but now the define c is out, i got mine for 69$cad, if it was full price i would've probably picked the p400s instead, but a define s for literally 50$us was too awesome of a deal to let pass.

And it's also a very solid case, was my first build and it was easy to build in it. it's large, very wide, austere looking, i had mine with a full panel with sound dampening material in it, it's not flashy at all, almost doesnt look like a computer but i like it.

2 little issues with it, my main panel came with a flex in it, like it will rigidly switch from one flex to another if i apply force, idk if you know what i mean... it's like made slightly bent with the reinforcements bars too. probably a production defect but it does'nt affect things.

and also the front ports feel on the cheap side. other than that it's perfect.

19 hours ago, Zusafek said:

The Phanteks p400s isn't bad. Has good cable management and you can get it without window/windowed/or tempered glass side. All of them are under a hundred bucks. I can vouch for this case as I now have 2 of them. 

On 10/02/2017 at 8:32 PM, BIGSWEDE said:

Well. Being swedish id say Fractal r5. It ain't junk, it's silent. it's a clean modern case, perfect for a good comfort build. You can buy with or without window. If you want to change there is the other way around for a really reasonable price.

On 10/02/2017 at 8:04 PM, TVwazhere said:

Functionally, the s340 razer edition is no different than the regular s340, its all cosmetic stuff like black and green theme and a light up logo on the front. It's not worth the extra $20 you spend on it. I would recommend the Define R5 because you want it to be as quiet as possible. If it's not actually that big of a deal, and you can live with a little bit of noise, the s340 is a better "bang for the buck". Either one you go with, no one will really disagree with you.

Well probably I will go with s340 or the s340 elite if I get a good price.

Thanks a lot and if you have some more tips about cases well I'm here ;)