XPS 13 Touchpad Settings

I recently purchased an xps 13 9350 and was wondering if there are touchpad setting people like to use with the laptop?

8 minutes ago, brendanm said:

I recently purchased an xps 13 9350 and was wondering if there are touchpad setting people like to use with the laptop?

Well, first things first, I hope you turned off acceleration (enhance pointer precision...

Next turn up or down sensitivity (not in windows, but in the control panel thing or whatever it's called).

That's all I know.

16 minutes ago, GArmyHD said:

Well, first things first, I hope you turned off acceleration (enhance pointer precision...

Next turn up or down sensitivity (not in windows, but in the control panel thing or whatever it's called).

That's all I know.

Having no acceleration is horrible.

It either requires you to lift your finger off to move from one side of the screen to the other, or it's not precise enough to click on small buttons in programs on the 1080p screen.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

On 08/02/2017 at 4:06 PM, Enderman said:

Having no acceleration is horrible.

It either requires you to lift your finger off to move from one side of the screen to the other, or it's not precise enough to click on small buttons in programs on the 1080p screen.

I don't like how accel messes up your muscle memory. I find it fine to click on small buttons, and I don't need to move my mouse from one side of the screen to the other in one swipe.

3 minutes ago, GArmyHD said:

I don't like how accel messes up your muscle memory. I find it fine to click on small buttons, and I don't need to move my mouse from one side of the screen to the other in one swipe.

If you get used to acceleration (just like you can get used to no acceleration) then the muscle memory is the same.

Moving the mouse faster moves the pointer faster, it's not hard.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Laptop Main

(Retired) Zbook 15: i7-6820HQ, M2000M, 32gb, 512gb SSD + 2tb HDD, 4k Dreamcolor

(Retired) Alienware 15 R3: i7-6820HK, GTX1070, 16gb, 512 SSD + 1tb HDD, 1080p

(Retired) T560: i7-6600U, HD520, 16gb, 512gb SSD, 1620p

(Retired) P650RS: i7-6820HK, 1070, 16gb, 512gb + 1tb HDD, 4k Samsung PLS

(Retired) MBP 2012 Retina: i7-3820QM, GT650M, 16gb, 512gb SSD, 1800p

On 2/8/2017 at 0:39 PM, brendanm said:

It's a precision touchpad, so there isn't much to configure. If you're gaming with the trackpad (somehow) you'll need to disable palmcheck, otherwise it will not let you look/click while using WASD. I prefer mouse acceleration on, btw.