Kind of specific type of headphones

DarkBlade2117

Looking for

-Closed

-Wireless? Maybe?

-No "FTW GAMER 9001 EDITION" I'll be using these in public

-Can kind of take a beating, will be in my backpack ect a lot with books so I don't want them to crumble under some pressure

-Price.. eh. I don't know. I'd be willing to use these as a daily driver and put more towards them and sell my Cloud 1's in place of them. $80, if I want to sell my Cloud 1's $130-$140. Also don't mind used

i7-6700k  Cooling: Deepcool Captain 240EX White GPU: GTX 1080Ti EVGA FTW3 Mobo: AsRock Z170 Extreme4 Case: Phanteks P400s TG Special Black/White PSU: EVGA 850w GQ Ram: 64GB (3200Mhz 16x4 Corsair Vengeance RGB) Storage 1x 1TB Seagate Barracuda 240GBSandisk SSDPlus, 480GB OCZ Trion 150, 1TB Crucial NVMe
(Rest of Specs on Profile)

What kind of sound do you like

6 minutes ago, DarkBlade2117 said:

Looking for

-Closed

-Wireless? Maybe?

-No "FTW GAMER 9001 EDITION" I'll be using these in public

-Can kind of take a beating, will be in my backpack ect a lot with books so I don't want them to crumble under some pressure

-Price.. eh. I don't know. I'd be willing to use these as a daily driver and put more towards them and sell my Cloud 1's in place of them. $80, if I want to sell my Cloud 1's $130-$140. Also don't mind used

i might get some hate for this, but i brought a set of turtle beach stealth 450s  2 years ago. They're wireless and the sound quality is quite good, only issue I've had is that the volume adjuster on the headset has stopped working for some reason but it's not too much of an issue as i just turn down the volume on my PC now

7 minutes ago, Kloaked said:

What kind of sound do you like

https://open.spotify.com/user/stoneagedgames/playlist/147BWThWAY1PKWkrJTrMEj

probably better if I just send that lol

i7-6700k  Cooling: Deepcool Captain 240EX White GPU: GTX 1080Ti EVGA FTW3 Mobo: AsRock Z170 Extreme4 Case: Phanteks P400s TG Special Black/White PSU: EVGA 850w GQ Ram: 64GB (3200Mhz 16x4 Corsair Vengeance RGB) Storage 1x 1TB Seagate Barracuda 240GBSandisk SSDPlus, 480GB OCZ Trion 150, 1TB Crucial NVMe

33 minutes ago, Kloaked said:

You're going to have to just tell me genres. Spotify won't let me log in ever since I canceled my subscription.

it's a few, country, softrock, hard rock, dubstep.

I guess more bassy type songs

I know that you might just shrug these off...due to their ridiculously low price (for what you get). I recommend the LyxPro HAS-30:

https://www.amazon.com/LyxPro-HAS-30-Headphones-Professional-Entertainment/dp/B018Y5CVO0/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1486515797&sr=8-1&keywords=lyxpro+has+30

If you want the most indestructible headphones in the world: Sennheiser HD25

https://www.amazon.com/Sennheiser-HD-25-Professional-Headphone/dp/B01CRI3UOU/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1486515844&sr=8-1&keywords=sennheiser+hd25

Don't worry, the dual headband folds into one. So you're left with small, understated headphones. They look good in person. 

The bass is so good on these. They're god-like EDM and dubstep. But the comfort isn't so good. They clamp hard. The pads are hard. 

Edited by kokakolia
missing info

1 hour ago, DarkBlade2117 said:

it's a few, country, softrock, hard rock, dubstep.

I guess more bassy type songs

Do you want a lot of bass for your dubstep music or do you care?

1 hour ago, Kloaked said:

Do you want a lot of bass for your dubstep music or do you care?

Could care less, really isn't hardcore dubstep.

46 minutes ago, DarkBlade2117 said:

Could care less, really isn't hardcore dubstep.

I'd do either the M40X if you want a more "balanced" sound (it's still going to have a bias to bass), or spend a little more and get the DT770 80Ohm which will have a v-curve (a lot of bias to bass and treble).

13 hours ago, Squibbies18 said:

the sound quality is quite good

Do you have any real frame of reference to make a claim like that?

Hey! New SIgnature! 

I'm supposedly a person on the Internet, but you'll never know if I'm human or not ;)

10 hours ago, Kloaked said:

I'd do either the M40X if you want a more "balanced" sound (it's still going to have a bias to bass), or spend a little more and get the DT770 80Ohm which will have a v-curve (a lot of bias to bass and treble).

DT770s in public!? Nah! They're massive. The non-removable chord is also annoying. 

The M40x is pretty solid choice. 

There are just so many options under $80, that I can only make the choice more complicated. 

Heck, you can even purchase the JBL S300 under $50 on Amazon. It matches your description perfectly. 

The thing is, you already have Cloud 1s which sound good. They have this annoying "Hyper X" logo, I know. But you can cover that with a sticker or something. 

Am I the only one that thinks IEMs when you want to use them in public? Something like the Shure SE215

If on-ear works, then some B&W P3's aren't a bad choice, but they aren't that detailed and they have a warm sound, they are overall very relaxed in their way of presenting the sound.

If over-ear is a must, then as said by others the M40x would be a good choice.

Before you buy amp and dac.  My thoughts on the M50x  Ultimate Ears Reference monitor review I might have a thing for audio...

My main Headphones and IEMs:  K612 pro, HD 25 and Ultimate Ears Reference Monitor, HD 580 with HD 600 grills

DAC and AMP: RME ADI 2 DAC

Speakers: Genelec 8040, System Audio SA205

Receiver: Denon AVR-1612

Desktop: R7 1700, GTX 1080  RX 580 8GB and other stuff

Laptop: ThinkPad P50: i7 6820HQ, M2000M. ThinkPad T420s: i7 2640M, NVS 4200M

Feel free to pm me if you have a question for me or quote me. If you want to hear what I have to say about something just tag me.

12 minutes ago, Dackzy said:

Am I the only one that thinks IEMs when you want to use them in public? Something like the Shure SE215

If on-ear works, then some B&W P3's aren't a bad choice, but they aren't that detailed and they have a warm sound, they are overall very relaxed in their way of presenting the sound.

I prefer IEMs myself but I've seen quite a few people asking for over-ear headphones for public use recently so I figure there's a group of people that don't care for the portability of IEMs.

15 minutes ago, Dackzy said:

I would but I don't think I can spend $99 on those when I won't be using them at home. If I'd get something like the M40x or DT770 they'd replace my Cloud's and then maybe in the future get something like that. Makes more sense to use IEMs but I also kind of want new headphones. Like I said I don't mind going used either up to ~$!40 and I found some M40x's for $69.99

Just now, DarkBlade2117 said:

I would but I don't think I can spend $99 on those when I won't be using them at home. If I'd get something like the M40x or DT770 they'd replace my Cloud's and then maybe in the future get something like that. Makes more sense to use IEMs but I also kind of want new headphones. Like I said I don't mind going used either up to ~$!40 and I found some M40x's for $69.99

You could get some Sennheiser CX IEMs on the cheap for portable use.

3 minutes ago, DarkBlade2117 said:

I would personally prefer the dt770, simply because I find them more comfy.

You could buy some Kz IEMs from china for 10$ to use on the go, I personally own the Kz ZS3 and I find them very good for the price and fairly comfy.

Before you buy amp and dac.  My thoughts on the M50x  Ultimate Ears Reference monitor review I might have a thing for audio...

My main Headphones and IEMs:  K612 pro, HD 25 and Ultimate Ears Reference Monitor, HD 580 with HD 600 grills

Feel free to pm me if you have a question for me or quote me. If you want to hear what I have to say about something just tag me.

3 hours ago, KaminKevCrew said:

Do you have any real frame of reference to make a claim like that?

dude go pick a fight elsewhere idc. 

36 minutes ago, Squibbies18 said:

He's not really pickign a fight, rather asking can you provide more information rather than your own word.

1 hour ago, Dackzy said:

IMO,

Philips M1 > B&W P3s. 

But, I'd just spend $40 on the JBL s400. 

1 hour ago, Dackzy said:

I would personally prefer the dt770, simply because I find them more comfy.

You could buy some Kz IEMs from china for 10$ to use on the go, I personally own the Kz ZS3 and I find them very good for the price and fairly comfy.

I might just go for the DT 770s and buy something like Kz ZS3 for on the road. I should be able to find a pair for $100-$110 fairly easy

8 minutes ago, DarkBlade2117 said:

I might just go for the DT 770s and buy something like Kz ZS3 for on the road. I should be able to find a pair for $100-$110 fairly easy

IMO, just keep your Cloud 1s for your house. They're fine. 

Get a good pair of cheap headphones for the road:

- LyxPro HAS 30

- JBL S300

- Skullcandy Navigator

- KZ ZS3 (I prefer the ED7 personally) 

Any of these sounds great IMO. Especially on the go. Don't let the low price fool you into thinking they're bad. 

44 minutes ago, kokakolia said:

Philips M1 > B&W P3s. 

I have not tried the M1, mainly because phillips headphones are really hard to find in Denmark. They seem to get good reviews, but I would leave it up to personal preference.

6 hours ago, Squibbies18 said:

As was mentioned previously, I'm not trying to pick a fight. I'm wondering what sort of a frame of reference you have. 

For instance, I've tried literally hundreds of headphones, ranging in price from $30-$3,000+. I've owned headphones costing as much as $1,300. I've also listened to stereo systems ranging in price from $75-$100,000+ (local speaker shop hosts listening evenings). 

My favorite headphones are currently a pair of Audio Technica ATH A1000z. 

That's why I ask about your frame of reference. I've never actually listened to a single pair of turtle beach headphones in my life. I can assume that they aren't going to sound good (compared to what I like) but I'm not here to say that your opinion sucks or anything. It's a pair of headphones that I haven't even heard. I was wondering what your frame of reference was so that I could try to find a common ground, so that I could understand what they sound like. No need to be an ass here.

Hey! New SIgnature! 

I'm supposedly a person on the Internet, but you'll never know if I'm human or not ;)