Laptop with very solid metal build quality and SSD storage

I need to buy a laptop when I join Uni next semster. I hate the plastic build qualities of many laptops, and I wont be gaming on it at all. All I want it to be is to be fast and not lagging.

My requirements are SSD storage, great build quality and lightweight.

I am actually considering a macbook or a Razer Blade Stealth because of their beautiful build quality. But I know that they are pretty overpriced so are there any other options?

Hi,

Czech out ASUS' Zenbook lineup, they are light (not the lightest available though) and come in many sizes and configs so you'll find a match for your needs and budget. Also Dell XPS13 - both laptop and 2-in-1 - would be good options but those are quite expensive.

Quote and/or tag people using @ otherwise they don't get notified of your response!

The HUMBLE Computer:

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X • Noctua NH-U12A • ASUS STRIX X570-F • Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16 • GIGABYTE Nvidia GTX1080 G1 • FRACTAL DESIGN Define C w/ blue Meshify C front • Corsair RM750x (2018) • OS: Kingston KC2000 1TB GAMES: Intel 660p 1TB DATA: Seagate Desktop 2TB • Acer Predator X34P 34" 3440x1440p 120 Hz IPS curved Ultrawide • Corsair STRAFE RGB Cherry MX Brown • Logitech G502 HERO / Logitech MX Master 3

Notebook:  HP Spectre x360 13" late 2018

Core i7 8550U • 16GB DDR3 RAM • 512GB NVMe SSD • 13" 1920x1080p 120 Hz IPS touchscreen • dual Thunderbolt 3

A lenovo x220/x230 (used or refurbished). Indestructible, light, ssd storage, good performance.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

21 minutes ago, Surpuppa said:

I need to buy a laptop when I join Uni next semster. I hate the plastic build qualities of many laptops, and I wont be gaming on it at all. All I want it to be is to be fast and not lagging.

My requirements are SSD storage, great build quality and lightweight.

I am actually considering a macbook or a Razer Blade Stealth because of their beautiful build quality. But I know that they are pretty overpriced so are there any other options?

The new Chromebooks from Asus and Samsung are awesome in build and design, have flash based storage and run chrome OS (which is good for anything but gaming and content creation)

8 minutes ago, Ethan Meskin said:

The new Chromebooks from Asus and Samsung are awesome in build and design, have flash based storage and run chrome OS (which is good for anything but gaming and content creation)

The ones I looked at had way too little storage with 32 gb. I wont be downloading games but I there are some programs that I need.  Also, I dont know if I will use it for content creation or not yet, so I will probably go for something else

4 minutes ago, Surpuppa said:

The ones I looked at had way too little storage with 32 gb. I wont be downloading games but I there are some programs that I need.  Also, I dont know if I will use it for content creation or not yet, so I will probably go for something else

Chromebooks use the google cloud storage which is 115gb free for 2 years and then 15gb free or 115 for like $5 a month and this one has great build quality http://www.samsung.com/us/computing/chromebooks/12-14/xe513c24-k01us-xe513c24-k01us/  (I know it's not out yet but soon)

8 minutes ago, Surpuppa said:

This one too. I have the first model with 4GB RAM 16gb storage and it is excellent https://www.asus.com/Notebooks/ASUS-Chromebook-Flip-C302CA/

2 hours ago, Ethan Meskin said:

This one too. I have the first model with 4GB RAM 16gb storage and it is excellent https://www.asus.com/Notebooks/ASUS-Chromebook-Flip-C302CA/

That one seems very interesting. I might go with that one actually. I know the performance isnt very high, but how is it with lag? I have no idea what the chrome OS is, is it any good? 

4 minutes ago, Surpuppa said:

That one seems very interesting. I might go with that one actually

I'm writing this on the chromebook flip one and it's great

Alienware 13> razer

its built like a tank. I mean it's a tank. 

Buy it a Samsung 850 SSD/ a PCIe SSD it will be cheaper and better than what Dell gives you.