[Build Log] Water Cooled R4 Update 9/3

AntarticCash

where did you get that white cables im looking at buying some.
Where are you from?

where did you get that white cables im looking at buying some.

US

That board's look absolutely sucks, the PCB is really brown and it's not even full ATX. Also, watch out for temps on those VRM heatsinks.
Yeah dude, not everyone is able to get their hands on a Sabertooth lol

Water Cooling time! Most of my water cooling gear has shown up so decided to put a loop together. Used white coolant with clear tubes because my 1\2 inch fittings havnt arrived so i cant use the 1/2 inch tubing at the moment

XNm4jt3TpCUkvZ2A4XpOK8XOupQ61JpRaZmWHzw5N7k_zpsc13357b6.jpg

v_-6gJbPDNDdUvKGBSK3AypE8jsahyCiTat-rL5U-rI_zps7c402689.jpg

RJRm5f9aJuG6xgaO4ZTj1KpwqxgMHnkOaGWcXjhE_rY_zps3321636a.jpg

thSwm3FRaMRHQrU7K_-mz1AH3Odvo5hBJ6jlqp81578_zps9a1c63c8.jpg

Are these pics actually showing up?

Water Cooling time! Most of my water cooling gear has shown up so decided to put a loop together. Used white coolant with clear tubes because my 1\2 inch fittings havnt arrived so i cant use the 1/2 inch tubing at the moment

XNm4jt3TpCUkvZ2A4XpOK8XOupQ61JpRaZmWHzw5N7k_zpsc13357b6.jpg

v_-6gJbPDNDdUvKGBSK3AypE8jsahyCiTat-rL5U-rI_zps7c402689.jpg

RJRm5f9aJuG6xgaO4ZTj1KpwqxgMHnkOaGWcXjhE_rY_zps3321636a.jpg

thSwm3FRaMRHQrU7K_-mz1AH3Odvo5hBJ6jlqp81578_zps9a1c63c8.jpg

Are these pics actually showing up? (or is the forum just being strange to me)

so im living in the us and i would love to know where to get those white extension cables ?

so im living in the us and i would love to know where to get those white extension cables ?
thx

looks good!

question, why not use the roof for the radiator location point?

will make the tubing runs shorter and less distracting to the hardware

inside the build. may loose 2° warmer temps, but a lot cleaner rig.

airdeano

looks good!

question, why not use the roof for the radiator location point?

will make the tubing runs shorter and less distracting to the hardware

inside the build. may loose 2° warmer temps, but a lot cleaner rig.

airdeano

Yea i was thinking about that but it should be alot cleaner this way when i find a waterblock for the GFX card

not with that skinny radiator and a GPU.. even a alphacool monsta won't be a help

for both CPU/GPU (HD 6950 heater). minimum 60x 360 or dual 60x 240 would be best.

and if that's the XSPC 750 pump/res.. that pump will not survive. adding the GPU block

will blow its mind.. DDC or D5.

airdeano

not with that skinny radiator and a GPU.. even a alphacool monsta won't be a help for both CPU/GPU (HD 6950 heater). minimum 60x 360 or dual 60x 240 would be best. and if that's the XSPC 750 pump/res.. that pump will not survive. adding the GPU block will blow its mind.. DDC or D5. airdeano

I have a 360 Rad that i was going to install on the back to cope with the extra system temps. Pump should be alright for now but will be upgrading the pump to a d5 in the future. Being my first water cooled build its more about trial and error :P

nice cant wait until the water is in :D

nice, but have you thought (or can you) flip that rad to shorten some cables? I see that the hdd cage piece is there, but you can always drill out those rivets./

Looking really nice! If your able to find a back-plate for the 6950 as well I recommend it.

Used to own that exact same GPU and that thing was as loud as a Semi when I played BF3.

Actually woke someone up in the room next to me lol! Upgraded to a 7950 because it's faster, and QUIETER !

LinusGGtips

Build It. Mod It. Customize It.

Nice, really like the pcie slot cover painting :] especially seeing an NZ build is awesome ^^ From memory I dont think there is white memory readily available in NZ (Otherwise I wouldve bought already since my own rig is white and blue). One thing I would've personally preferred, is to see the radiator flipped, since it would use shorter tubing, easier to bleed, and I personally feel like it would look better. (Dont take my comments seriously though :P never done water cooling)

PC Specs:

CPU: Intel Core i7-4770K (Stock Speed)  Motherboard: Asus Z97 Sabertooth Mark-S  Memory: 4x8GB Klevv GENUINE DDR3 1600MHz GPU: EVGA GTX 550Ti PSU: Corsair RM850

Sweet build, really tidy :)

export PS1='\[\033[1;30m\]┌╼ \[\033[1;32m\]\u@\h\[\033[1;30m\] ╾╼ \[\033[0;34m\]\w\[\033[0;36m\]\n\[\033[1;30m\]└╼ \[\033[1;37m\]'

"All your threads are belong to /dev/null"

| 80's Terminal Keyboard Conversion | $5 Graphics Card Silence Mod Tutorial | 485KH/s R9 270X | The Smallest Ethernet Cable | Ass Pennies | My Screenfetch |

Just wondering how much you paid for the watercooling parts? :) p.s love the build! you should post a photo with the side panel on!

Great work, it looks elegant and tight. Lovely color theme ant totally not boring looking.

Keep up this wonderful build! 

Cheers!  ;)

Watch out, there might be ninjas out there  :ph34r:

Nice build. Love seeing so many builds in the R4 and love that you stuck with the black and white theme. Keep it up

Congrats on being featured on the live stream!

Nice build! I also have a define R4, and I wanted to note that you can remove the upper drive cage rack (the plastic thing) even though it requires a small screw driver. You should have enough headroom to fit your rad with the plugs on the top this way :)

... I might borrow a few of your ideas for my own water loop, you solved some of my headaches.

Now to find some way to shove a raid in there...  :angry:

Nice build, when I upgrade my video card I am going to rebuild my old PC for my older brother in a R4, I was thinking about painting the PCI plate also

Just wondering how much you paid for the watercooling parts? :) p.s love the build! you should post a photo with the side panel on!

Water cooling cost about $250 NZD all up

Yea am thinking about about flipping the rad but it all depends on if i can find a full cover block for the gfx card and a place to mount my 360 rad (thinking about mounting it using the 140mm fan mount on the back. Cheers for all the feedback guys, never thought it would get mentioned on the live stream!