NVIDIA GTX 780Ti Benchmarks, Review & Teardown: 2x, 3x, 4x SLI and 4k Resolution

digitalnav

well thats a given, Its got better cuda it may as well be a quadro now 

It'll most likely stay around as the best card for computing + gaming.

Research and Development at Digital Storm

Personal Website: www.DigitalNav.net

I'll try and get that done today!

Would be great!!

I wanna know how we really need an 6GB vRAM card.

Would be great!!

I wanna know how we really need an 6GB vRAM card.

It has to be when 4k textures come into play. Crysis is the only game that started to show improvement with the Titan that had 6GB of VRAM but less cores.

Started my eVGA step up for my GTX 780 Ti. Booya!

9900K  / Noctua NH-D15S / Z390 Aorus Master / 32GB DDR4 Vengeance Pro 3200Mhz / eVGA 2080 Ti Black Ed / Morpheus II Core / Meshify C / LG 27UK650-W / PS4 Pro / XBox One X

So even at 4k having 3gb of vram vs the titan 6gb doesn't seem to effect performance. That blowing me away! I was unsure about this card only having 3gb because I play in surround but it looks like with 2 of these cards you will be just fine 

CPU: 3770K | Motherboard: Asus Maximus V Formula | GPU: GTX 1080Ti SLI | Ram: 16gb Corsair Dominator Platinum 2133 | PSU: Corsair AX1200i | Storage: 2x Samsung 840 pros | Case: Corsair 650D | Cooler:  Corsair H100i with Noctus NF-F12 fans | Monitor: Asus ROG Swift PG278Q

So even at 4k having 3gb of vram vs the titan 6gb doesn't seem to effect performance. That blowing me away! I was unsure about this card only having 3gb because I play in surround but it looks like with 2 of these cards you will be just fine 

It could be due to the wider memory bus. However, in Crysis, the GTX titan started to come on top.

Can someone please clarify that the results that LTT got on crysis 3 at 8xmsaa are possible? I cant get my head around them

Intel I7 2600k @ 4.5ghz, Asetek 510 LC Xtremegear liquid cooling system, PALIT GTX 780 Super Jetstream OC, 8Gb Kingston Hyper X blu series 1600mhz, 64Gb Crucial M4 series SATA III Gaming MLC SSD, 1TB Western Digital HDD 6.0gb/s,  Asus P8z68-v Pro Motherboard, Corsair Vengance K90 Keyboard,950Watt Cyberpower PSU, Cyborg RAT 5 ,  Coolermaster CM 690II case, Dell Ultrasharp U2412M 1920 x 1200

Can someone please clarify that the results that LTT got on crysis 3 at 8xmsaa are possible? I cant get my head around them

Those were the results for Tomb Raider apparently.

Thats good then lol

Intel I7 2600k @ 4.5ghz, Asetek 510 LC Xtremegear liquid cooling system, PALIT GTX 780 Super Jetstream OC, 8Gb Kingston Hyper X blu series 1600mhz, 64Gb Crucial M4 series SATA III Gaming MLC SSD, 1TB Western Digital HDD 6.0gb/s,  Asus P8z68-v Pro Motherboard, Corsair Vengance K90 Keyboard,950Watt Cyberpower PSU, Cyborg RAT 5 ,  Coolermaster CM 690II case, Dell Ultrasharp U2412M 1920 x 1200

NVIDIA GTX 780Ti: Benchmark, Review and Teardown 

Test Bench
  • Intel 4960X at 4.4Ghz
  • ASUS Rampage IV Extreme
  • Corsair AX 1200i
  • 32GB Corsair Platinum
  • Windows 8.1

Let me add this to my post about everything if thats ok with you  :D, Nice Videos and benchmarks. you were right I could not get my hands on the information you had

# -_-     [Planned RIg AKA Project ARES    -_-#

| AMD FX-8350 4.0GHz 8-Core | Be Quiet DARK ROCK 2 57.9 CFM Fluid Dynamic Bearing | Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z  |G.Skill Ripjaws X 8GB Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM |Samsung 840 Series 250GB 2.5" SSD | Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 3GB  |Fractal Design Define R4 w/Window (Black Pearl) ATX Mid Tower|Gelid Solutions Silent 14 PWM 74.5 CFM 140mm x3 |Corsair RM Series 750 Watt ATX/EPS 80PLUS Gold-Certified Power Supply|

|Rosewill RNX-N250PCe | Windows 8  | Acer H236HLbid 23.0" |Corsair Vengeance K70 
Corsair Vengeance M65 Wired Laser | STEELSERIES QCK Black|Sennheiser HD 558Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer         

Let me add this to my post about everything if thats ok with you  :D, Nice Videos and benchmarks. you were right I could not get my hands on the information you had

Feel free! Thank you!

Have you heard if and when we will non-reference?

CPU: 3770K | Motherboard: Asus Maximus V Formula | GPU: GTX 1080Ti SLI | Ram: 16gb Corsair Dominator Platinum 2133 | PSU: Corsair AX1200i | Storage: 2x Samsung 840 pros | Case: Corsair 650D | Cooler:  Corsair H100i with Noctus NF-F12 fans | Monitor: Asus ROG Swift PG278Q

I'll trade you both of my EVGA GTX 660 Ti's FTW Signature 2's for a 780 Ti

Please say yes

also could you see exactly how far you can OC the cards you have and let us know?

-The Bellerophon- Obsidian 550D-i5-3570k@4.5Ghz -Asus Sabertooth Z77-16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866Mhz-x2 EVGA GTX 760 Dual FTW 4GB-Creative Sound Blaster XF-i Titanium-OCZ Vertex Plus 120GB-Seagate Barracuda 2TB- https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/60154-the-not-really-a-build-log-build-log/ Twofold http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/121043-twofold-a-dual-itx-system/ How great is EVGA? http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/110662-evga-how-great-are-they/#entry1478299

Goota love the music, nice to see they scale not to badly over 4K (well 3-4 sli is silly anyway)

the performance gains at 1080p yeah sure they are big over the 290x on some games but on others its only a small amount. but the 290(X) is designed for 4K+ and i didint see any of those benchmarks =/

id still call the 290/290x better value. you can Crossfire two 290s for the price of a 780ti

and you would be silly to buy one/two/three now so close to Nvidias 800 series.

i would agree, if I had to buy a card now I would go with the 290 but only with a non-reference design, if not, then it would have to be a 780, but really, im just waiting for maxwell

You're Kool Mr. I have 4 780Ti's

aww yiss gtx 465 FTW since i saw your signature thing above your profile picture

My profile pic is the game i'm currently playing. I hope i remember to change it..

i would agree, if I had to buy a card now I would go with the 290 but only with a non-reference design, if not, then it would have to be a 780, but really, im just waiting for maxwell

Same here I don't really see a point right now to buy a GPU so close before Maxwell.

I always upgrade with a new shrink so from Fermi to Kepler to Maxwell and then to Volta.

RTX2070OC 

Same here I don't really see a point right now to buy a GPU so close before Maxwell.

I always upgrade with a new shrink so from Fermi to Kepler to Maxwell and then to Volta.

Don't expect retail Maxwell cards to ship until 2H of 2014.

Don't expect retail Maxwell cards to ship until 2H of 2014.

I don't but the 780/780 ti just aren't really worth upgrading when you have a GTX670/680/HD7970/HD7950 and don't play on a 1440p+ or 120hz.

And the prices are way to high I can get 2x GTX670 for 50-100€ less then a GTX780.

(My GTX670OC stll runs every game easy maxed out even BF4 runs perfect with 56-70Fps maxed out in Multiplayer)

And the 7xx series has no features besides GPUboost 2.0 that the 6xx series doesn't have.

The 6xx series still supports Shadowplay/Shield/G-sync/PhysX/HBAO+ ect.

RTX2070OC 

Agreed, if 1080p is all you do, the 780Ti is overkill.

Nothing exceeds like excess

-The Bellerophon- Obsidian 550D-i5-3570k@4.5Ghz -Asus Sabertooth Z77-16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866Mhz-x2 EVGA GTX 760 Dual FTW 4GB-Creative Sound Blaster XF-i Titanium-OCZ Vertex Plus 120GB-Seagate Barracuda 2TB- https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/60154-the-not-really-a-build-log-build-log/ Twofold http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/121043-twofold-a-dual-itx-system/ How great is EVGA? http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/110662-evga-how-great-are-they/#entry1478299

MOOOREE POWWWERRR!!!!  :lol:

LEIjEvN.gif

• 2 months later...

Oh my gosh, this is amazing. But 780 Ti 3-way SLI in 4K gives only 33fps in Crysis... hmmm it must be because of the low amount v vram. This game is just so demanding.... I can't even imagine what PC would it take to run Star Citizen at 4K.

My PC: CPU: Intel Core i3 3220, MB: ASUS P8P67 LE, GPU: Palit Jetstream GTX 670, RAM: 4GB 1333mhz DDR3, Storage: 750GB Hitachi, PSU: CoolerMaster G650M 80+ Bronze, Cooling: Coolermaster Hyper 212 Plus, Case: Multirama, Display: Acer x229w 22" 1680x1050, Keyboard: Logitech K120, Mouse: Steelseries Kinzu v2, Sound: Logitech 2.1 system