How did you come out?

piemadd

I know there is a thread already for the LGBT ?️‍? Community(btw if u r on a computer, that emoji is the gay flag), but I wanted to know how you guys came out to your parents. How did they react? Was it good or bad? 

-IT

Note:

Spoiler

If you think this doesn't fit, just tell me and I will report it asking to be deleted.

i like trains 🙂

My brother is gay. He's 25 and still hasn't came out to my parents.

tbh, you don't have to. I don't personally see any point in coming out because it's you, you're no different, you're you, sexuaity doesn't affect our relationship.

5 minutes ago, Mug said:

tbh, you don't have to. I don't personally see any point in coming out because it's you, you're no different, you're you, sexuaity doesn't affect our relationship.

Except that people who are friends often talk about their personal relationships to some degree, so their sexuality is likely to become relevant in a lot of cases even if it's just so that you say 'How's your boyfriend doing?' instead of 'How's your girlfriend doing?'

4 minutes ago, AshleyAshes said:

Except that people who are friends often talk about their personal relationships to some degree, so their sexuality is likely to become relevant in a lot of cases even if it's just so that you say 'How's your boyfriend doing?' instead of 'How's your girlfriend doing?'

What's the need to come out when you can just introduce them to your boyfriend?

imo, anyone that needs to be came out to isn't some who one needs to be around.

1 minute ago, Mug said:

What's the need to come out when you can just introduce them to your boyfriend.

That's called 'Coming Out'.  'Coming Out' is in no way necessarily some grand announcement despite what you may think.

9 minutes ago, Mug said:

My brother is gay. He's 25 and still hasn't came out to my parents.

I suspect my brother has no sexual preference or intentions of ever having a serious relationship with a guy or a girl.

Doesn't mean that he needs to come out about how he is.

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

15 minutes ago, Implosivetech said:

I know there is a thread already for the LGBT ?️‍? Community(btw if u r on a computer, that emoji is the gay flag), but I wanted to know how you guys came out to your parents. How did they react? Was it good or bad? 

-IT

Note:

Reveal hidden contents

If you think this doesn't fit, just tell me and I will report it asking to be deleted.

Here's some advice. I can't speak from experience cos I'm not Lesbian, Gay, Bi or Trans.

But this is one way of tackling the issue of expressing your intentions.

One day introduce your boyfriend or girlfriend to your parents and explain that you have strong feelings for each other.

You live in the United States and not in Asia so you shouldn't have much to fear regarding parents' reactions.

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

1 minute ago, AluminiumTech said:

I suspect my brother has no sexual preference or intentions of ever having a serious relationship with a guy or a girl.

Doesn't mean that he needs to come out about how he is.

Exactly! Coming out I feel is old fashioned, since sexuality has no bearign on anything, why should it matter, why should anyone care who anyone is fuckign?

10 minutes ago, AluminiumTech said:

You live in the United States and not in Asia so you shouldn't have much to fear regarding parents' reactions.

Depending on location in the US, you might be surprised.

[Out-of-date] Want to learn how to make your own custom Windows 10 image?

Desktop: AMD R9 3900X | ASUS ROG Strix X570-F | Radeon RX 5700 XT | EVGA GTX 1080 SC | 32GB Trident Z Neo 3600MHz | 1TB 970 EVO | 256GB 840 EVO | 960GB Corsair Force LE | EVGA G2 850W | Phanteks P400S

Laptop: Intel M-5Y10c | Intel HD Graphics | 8GB RAM | 250GB Micron SSD | Asus UX305FA

Server 01: Intel Xeon D 1541 | ASRock Rack D1541D4I-2L2T | 32GB Hynix ECC DDR4 | 4x8TB Western Digital HDDs | 32TB Raw 16TB Usable

Server 02: Intel i7 7700K | Gigabye Z170N Gaming5 | 16GB Trident Z 3200MHz

all i remember is that t was durring a dinner and that it went over realy well, especialy with my mom.

CPU:R7 5800X    Motherboard: asrock x470 taichi ultimate   RAM: 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws-V 2X16GB    GPU: Gigabyte GTX1080TI gaming oc 11g   Case: Corsair 600Q Storage: 1TB Samsung 870(boot), samsung 850evo 500GB, 2TB Corsair MX500, samsung 2TB 970 evo plus, WD 5TB black    PSU: Corsair AX860    CPU cooling: Corsair H105

1 hour ago, Fooshi said:

Since I'm blessed with bisexuality, I don't feel like I have to come out before I actually meet someone of the same sex. :P

In fact, only the internet knows.

I guess then I should do the same. Once I ever get a boyfriend(I'm bi), I'll probably tell my parents. Idk tho

i like trains 🙂

9 hours ago, DeadEyePsycho said:

Depending on location in the US, you might be surprised.

Though I live in the south, the region I live in is highly supportive of LGBT. Trust me, there are a lot of boys in my school that are bi. A few girls I know are lesbian. Idk any boy that is gay though. I want to come out to my friends first to let them know.

i like trains 🙂

Until I read the post, I thought based on the title that this was going to be a survey on how each of us was born, naturally, by c-section, etc. :P Feeling pretty dumb now.

Project White Lightning (My ITX Gaming PC): Core i5-4690K | CRYORIG H5 Ultimate | ASUS Maximus VII Impact | HyperX Savage 2x8GB DDR3 | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | WD Black 1TB | Sapphire RX 480 8GB NITRO+ OC | Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV ITX | Corsair AX760 | LG 29UM67 | CM Storm Quickfire Ultimate | Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum | HyperX Cloud II | Logitech Z333

Benchmark Results: 3DMark Firestrike: 10,528 | SteamVR VR Ready (avg. quality 7.1) | VRMark 7,004 (VR Ready)

Other systems I've built:

Core i3-6100 | CM Hyper 212 EVO | MSI H110M ECO | Corsair Vengeance LPX 1x8GB DDR4  | ADATA SP550 120GB | Seagate 500GB | EVGA ACX 2.0 GTX 1050 Ti | Fractal Design Core 1500 | Corsair CX450M

Core i5-4590 | Intel Stock Cooler | Gigabyte GA-H97N-WIFI | HyperX Savage 2x4GB DDR3 | Seagate 500GB | Intel Integrated HD Graphics | Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 | be quiet! Pure Power L8 350W

I am not a professional. I am not an expert. I am just a smartass. Don't try and blame me if you break something when acting upon my advice.

...why are you still reading this?

55 minutes ago, ThinkWithPortals said:

Until I read the post, I thought based on the title that this was going to be a survey on how each of us was born, naturally, by c-section, etc. :P Feeling pretty dumb now.

Rip

i was forcefully taken out because I had to be born early :P . Anyways, i can see y u were confused.

i like trains 🙂

1 hour ago, Implosivetech said:

Though I live in the south, the region I live in is highly supportive of LGBT. Trust me, there are a lot of boys in my school that are bi. A few girls I know are lesbian. Idk any boy that is gay though. I want to come out to my friends first to let them know.

Atlanta has one of the biggest LGBT communities compared to its total population, so it's not a big shocker that it's supportive of anyone in that group.

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

1 minute ago, Dan Castellaneta said:

Atlanta has one of the biggest LGBT communities compared to its total population, so it's not a big shocker that it's supportive of anyone in that group.

I guess I'm lucky where I live. Are people not as supportive where you live? Like to the point where they won't speak to you anymore?

Edited by Implosivetech

i like trains 🙂

1 minute ago, Implosivetech said:

I guess I'm lucky where I live.

A lot of major cities in the United States are fairly accepting of the LGBT community as a whole. Where it goes weary are more religious cities.

5 minutes ago, Dan Castellaneta said:

A lot of major cities in the United States are fairly accepting of the LGBT community as a whole. Where it goes weary are more religious cities.

One q. Is Jake ur first name?

then, I have Jake Van _________. I remember how I figured that out. You had ur profile picture as your real picture, and then I decided to tell you it was dangerous. Don't take that stalkers though.

Anyways: @wcreek if u r Brendan, hello. :P 

i like trains 🙂

1 minute ago, Implosivetech said:

One q. Is Jake ur first name?

then, I have Jake Van _________. I remember how I figured that out. You had ur profile picture as your real picture, and then I decided to tell you it was dangerous. Don't take that stalkers though.

Anyways: @wcreek if u r Brendan, hello. :P 

My first name is shortened to Jake. It's literally a letter less than my actual name.

6 minutes ago, Dan Castellaneta said:

My first name is shortened to Jake. It's literally a letter less than my actual name.

K

i like trains 🙂

Luckily, I don't have to. That's probably one ordeal too many in my life RN. 

- snip-

We pretty much always knew my brother was, wasn't a shock when we found out he had a boyfriend lol

Would be more of a shock if he brought a girl home

I don't plan to establish any serious relationships anymore at this point in my life (And I'm not a youngster so no, saying this is not out of being an "edgy" teen but more of a bitter man quickly approaching middle age) If it happens then fine, if it happens to be a male I might bring it up to my parents but other than that my sex life is my business only so well no need.

-------

Current Rig

-------

On 2/3/2017 at 11:12 PM, Implosivetech said:

-IT

Note:

Reveal hidden contents

I've never come out, probably because as don't know what I am. And I'm fine with whatever I am, I just can't describe it. 

Main System: Phobos

AMD Ryzen 7 2700 (8C/16T), ASRock B450 Steel Legend, 16GB G.SKILL Aegis DDR4 3000MHz, AMD Radeon RX 570 4GB (XFX), 960GB Crucial M500, 2TB Seagate BarraCuda, Windows 10 Pro for Workstations/macOS Catalina

Secondary System: York

Intel Core i7-2600 (4C/8T), ASUS P8Z68-V/GEN3, 16GB GEIL Enhance Corsa DDR3 1600MHz, Zotac GeForce GTX 550 Ti 1GB, 240GB ADATA Ultimate SU650, Windows 10 Pro for Workstations

Older File Server: Yet to be named

Intel Pentium 4 HT (1C/2T), Intel D865GBF, 3GB DDR 400MHz, ATI Radeon HD 4650 1GB (HIS), 80GB WD Caviar, 320GB Hitachi Deskstar, Windows XP Pro SP3, Windows Server 2003 R2