Seagate's Samsung HDD Division Ships World's Thinnest 2TB Storage Solution

digitalnav

"samsung-m9t-300x287.jpg

CUPERTINO, CA — Seagate Technology plc (NASDAQ: STX) today announced that its Samsung® HDD division is shipping the new 2.5-inch Spinpoint™ M9T, which at 9.5 mm thin is the world’s thinnest 2TB hard drive.  Offered in capacities of 1.5TB and 2TB, the Spinpoint M9T mobile drive gives OEMs, channel system integrators and consumers a thin, high-capacity storage solution ideal for external storage, notebook integration and upgrades, desktop, and gaming system applications.

“The M9T combines the highest areal density shipping in a single storage device with an innovative design that fits into mainstream notebook applications. While other 2TB are solutions on the market are 15 mm thick, the vast majority of mobile devices are designed to use a 9.5 mm drive; with the M9T, those devices can now have 2TB of storage, enabling a richer computing experience,” said Dave Frankovich, senior product line manager, Samsung HDD.

Spinpoint M9T includes a SATA 6Gb/s interface and microactuation to ensure fast, consistent hard drive performance, along with NoiseGuard™ and SilentSeek™ technologies to deliver ultra-quiet operation."“Samsung HDD with the new Spinpoint M9T continues to lead the effort in aerial density in a small form factor to supply our channel partners and customers with the highest-capacity and thinnest storage solution in the market,” said Doug DeHaan, general manager, Samsung HDD division. “With consumer demand for storage capacity continuing to grow in mobile applications, the M9T answers this demand and is positioned to fulfill capacity needs in virtually any application.”

Source: http://www.seagate.com/about/newsroom/press-releases/Samsung-hdd-division-ships-2tb-storage-solution-pr-master/

Research and Development at Digital Storm

Personal Website: www.DigitalNav.net

Perfect Upgrade for my PS4 

Intel I5 760 2.8 Ghz , Msi P55A-G55 , 16Gb (4x4) Patriot Black Mamba, PNY GTX 670 , 2 x OCZ Vertex 4 128 Gb SSD , 640Gb WD Caviar Black , 1.5Tb Hitachi HDD , Corsair Vengeance C70 Arctic White Case , Thermaltake 520W PS , CD/DVD Drive , Coolermaster Hyper 212 Plus , 4 Corsair SP120 Fans , Saitek R.A.T.7 Gaming Mouse , Razer Blackwidow Tournament Edition Mechanical Keyboard 

Dammnnn... Also, I forgot Seagate acquired Samsung's HDD division. But I can see this being really useful to laptops

Perfect Upgrade for my PS4 

It's the perfect size as well...

I'd rather get a 1TB EVO, but if I wanted to spend less, this would definitely be my purchase.

Great implications for some of the steamboxes

Console optimisations and how they will effect you | The difference between AMD cores and Intel cores | Memory Bus size and how it effects your VRAM usage |
How much vram do you actually need? | APUs and the future of processing | Projects: SO - here

Intel i7 5820l @ with Corsair H110 | 32GB DDR4 RAM @ 1600Mhz | XFX Radeon R9 290 @ 1.2Ghz | Corsair 600Q | Corsair TX650 | Probably too much corsair but meh should have had a Corsair SSD and RAM | 1.3TB HDD Space | Sennheiser HD598 | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro | Blue Snowball

I can't find any pricing/availability on these drives, does anyone know? I think it's going to go perfect with my PS4. Who cares about external drives when you can change the internal drive :D

Also on a side note, for the HDD in the Xbox 1, is it literally not able to be changed, even if you void the warranty?

Intel i7 3770k, Maximus V Formula, 32GB G.Skill 1600MHz RAM, ASUS DCUII GTX 670

Wow, very impressed. I know I keep saying this but HDD tech in the next 10 years is very exciting to me, at least :D

btw, As long as its not running at 4,800 or 5,200 rpm I'm happy. 

Never trust a man, who, when left alone with a tea cosey... Doesn't try it on. Billy Connolly
Marriage is a wonderful invention: then again, so is a bicycle repair kit. Billy Connolly
Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? He's a mile away and you've got his shoes. Billy Connolly