Nintendo annonces that now, over 100 games are in developement for the Switch, up from 80 - and boosted console porduction..

GoodBytes
49 minutes ago, michaelocarroll007 said:

I understand it becomes a hard Sell the Extra $100 and I personally would want that Money to mostly goto better Power which can make a big difference seeing as the dock screen controllers ect take up a good portion of the $300 so that budget of an extra $100 is almost doubling what there spending on power and cooling currently.  my Fear and probably why i wont own one is the Fact that it wont get supported by serious games just casual stuff like the Wii and Wii U had and the occasional fun and good Nintendo game. 

Understandable. However, the WiiU didn't get third party support, there little to no casual stuff either. As for the Wii, it initially started with serious games. You may recall Call of Duty on it. But, the problem is that the online system and infrastructure was crap, and most of the Wii base didn't buy many games. Even Nintendo games sold poorly in proportion to Wii sells. That is why Nintendo release Wii Sports 2, and the crapastic Wii Music, (but that was too crap, so it didn't sell)

WiiU had many issues, beside the poor marketing. Nintendo didn't provide third party support. They were like, as always before, "We make a console for us, if you want to join, get the dev kit (assuming you get certified for it), and we will throw you the docs, and no matter big or small, you are on your own. We have no/little support."- type of business way. So all Nintendo was doing is "We have third party games, we focus on gamers now!", but that is just talk. The Switch SEAMS to have made the company realize that this kind of behaviors, while perhaps work back in the NES and SNES days, no longer work anymore. They don't have any market domination.

If they charged $399 and showed off support from EA sport tiles, and a few up coming games like tom Clancy or even all of duty, Not that i like thoses specfic titiles but something to show this can play real games and is taken seriously.  If they do this with the $299 Price tag and the tegra X1 all power to them it just seems less likely as very little games are announced

Even if it was 400$, the game situation would not change. The problem is that all the big publishers are following a: wait and see approach. It costs a lot to make a game on a system. Even porting costs a lot. You can sure bet EA will release PS3/XBox 360 ports of that FIFA game as rumored. Because, they can focus on porting the game, but limit the cost in having to test and reduce or adjust, the graphics. No need to invest more money on making lower res textures, reduce polygon on a players, etc. Even though it doesn't cost that much to actually do this, it still additional cost added. Remember that the big publishers can't say "We made some small profit on this game, we know that in the future the system will sale more, and we will continue to make games for it, despite this, as we truly believe in the system". They need to satisfy their shareholders and investors as this allows them to expand, grow, do R&D with some games, and all that. So fallen in such situation is not acceptable for any investor or shareholder... remember they are not entrepreneurs, risk takers in business decision.

The Canadian Price isnt bad at all honestly $300 USD is $392 CAD at this moment... Thats a $8.00 up charge ?  

Yes, you are right, but my wage didn't increase to reflect the Canadian currency fluctuations. So my wage is the same, and everything else costs more.

I Understand i might be in the minority but with the Wii U failure imo due to real content i expected them to take that more seriously this time. Maybe there chasing the casual mobile type gamers and im just out of the loop idk 

The problem is that it is a circle. People don't buy because there is no game (and horrible marketing), making game dev not interested in making games for it (not to mention lack of support, leading to high cost, and the poor marketing of the system leads them to not know what game to release for the target audience), which leads to people not to buy, and so on on...

1 hour ago, GoodBytes said:

Apologies from my lack of knowledge on how things work in the US (I know the lack of competition is a serious issue there), but just to be clear, I meant making your phone a "wireless router", where you can connect other devices to it. For all your carrier knows, you are web surfing or sending pictures and such via MMS.

The problem isn't the lack of competition, because anywhere there is GSM connectivity, you have AT&T and T-Mobile (and likely AT&T's Cricket or T-Mobile's MetroPCS), as well as a few dozen small carriers using GSM towers but have their own 'rights' to offer their services as they deem fit.

The problem is that most of these carriers either go one of two routes:

1) Unlimited data, albeit either abysmally slow and unreliable (T-Mobile), or expensive as hell (AT&T)

2) Limited data, and going with the options of expensive for overages (Verizon), or throttling once you've hit the cap (Cricket, no charge though, but it isn't fast enough to realistically support gaming either)

And often, the ability to use mobile hotspots is locked out unless one pays for the service or roots their phone. The former just means spending more money, and the latter can break compatibility on some less supported phones (not to mention it isn't something one can really do on iOS or Win10 Mobile.)

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

3 hours ago, HarryNyquist said:

I'm only buying this (after launch, at that) if the virtual console has GBA games like the Wii U. It's a no sale otherwise.

I hope they let us buy the older pokemon games, and allow us to trade/battle over WLAN. I know a ton of people that would buy it for that alone. Also hope to see some older N64 titles, like Pokemon Stadium and Goldeneye.

My (incomplete) memory overclocking guide: 

Does memory speed impact gaming performance? Click here to find out!

On 1/2/2017 at 9:32 PM, MageTank said:

Sometimes, we all need a little inspiration.

3 hours ago, MageTank said:

I hope they let us buy the older pokemon games, and allow us to trade/battle over WLAN. I know a ton of people that would buy it for that alone

Well I know that if they put Pokémon core games on this thing, Sun/Moon were my last games and I'll retire. They have shown to be utterly useless at curtailing the rampant hacking in Pokémon and I'm not buying a new system exclusively for Pokémon (since all other Nintendo games are always shit) if hackers still aren't getting banned. At that point I'll be forced to cut my losses. I guesstimate having spent over $50k on the franchise since 1998, hopefully I can recoup some of that from the cards I'll sell.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

1 minute ago, That Norwegian Guy said:

Well I know that if they put Pokémon core games on this thing, Sun/Moon were my last games and I'll retire. They have shown to be utterly useless at curtailing the rampant hacking in Pokémon and I'm not buying a new system exclusively for Pokémon (since all other Nintendo games are always shit) if hackers still aren't getting banned.

I have not played a Pokemon game beyond Crystal version. I just miss the old simple games. Would be fun to have those back, with the ability to trade/battle with friends. I also enjoyed the mini-games of Pokemon stadium, and that would be a pretty fun game to bring back. Maybe just release Pokemon Stadium 1/2 and include the roms of the old GB games embedded within that game itself. Some sort of retro-Pokemon super pack. I'd pay $50 for that, lol. 

My (incomplete) memory overclocking guide: 

Does memory speed impact gaming performance? Click here to find out!

On 1/2/2017 at 9:32 PM, MageTank said:

Sometimes, we all need a little inspiration.

I really really want to get a Switch for portable gaming, but if it isn't good enough I will simply just get another Surface or something and play not-so-graphically intensive games while away from home.

1 minute ago, MageTank said:

I have not played a Pokemon game beyond Crystal version. I just miss the old simple games. Would be fun to have those back, with the ability to trade/battle with friends. I also enjoyed the mini-games of Pokemon stadium, and that would be a pretty fun game to bring back. Maybe just release Pokemon Stadium 1/2 and include the roms of the old GB games embedded within that game itself. Some sort of retro-Pokemon super pack. I'd pay $50 for that, lol. 

Yeah those side games in the franchise are fine on a console like the Switch, remember Stadium too on my old N64.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.