Decent laptop for school+light gaming for around $750?

Hey I'm wondering if theres a decent laptop out there for $750 that i can use at school and play some games like overwatch and csgo if i want to. 

Looking for something with an ssd, dedicated graphics card, quad core, good battery life (gaming laptops tend to suck at this), and preferably more than 8 gb of ram but i could go for only 8.

ANY suggestions would be much appreciated!

Thanks!

-Alex

5 hours ago, ThroneSmasher said:

Theres upcoming 7567 inspirion chk out dave2d review seems solid for 800 

8 hours ago, nerdslayer1 said:

Dell Inspiron 

so i checked out the inspiron and it looks pretty solid, thanks! also i found this (http://www.microcenter.com/product/470416/pavilion_15-bc060nr_156_gaming_laptop_computer_-_natural_silver) at the micro center by me. how does this compare to the inspiron? i cant seem to find it on amazon to look at reviews.

Mm seems good but i would double chk when it was manufactured recently hp is recalling models for faulty parts idk if it includes this one , and if you cam wait to the one i mention it comes with a 1050 ti wich is more powerful then the 960m and its newer

5 hours ago, Holtster2000 said:

so i checked out the inspiron and it looks pretty solid, thanks! also i found this (http://www.microcenter.com/product/470416/pavilion_15-bc060nr_156_gaming_laptop_computer_-_natural_silver) at the micro center by me. how does this compare to the inspiron? i cant seem to find it on amazon to look at reviews.

i would get the inspiron, overall its a great laptop if you wait a while you can pick one up with a 1050 ti for the same price. 

5 hours ago, Holtster2000 said:

Make sure you are looking at the new Inspiron 7000 gaming. 7567 and 7467. It was updated very recently. 

The 14" model will be in the US soon. It will have the same base GPU, CPU and RAM as the 15" model but it should have a 128GB SSD and a 500GB HDD with the $800 price. 

That HP has the 960M, which is much less powerful, and it does not have a backlit keyboard. Plus the 960M has 2GB vRAM rather than 4GB.

5800X3D - RTX 4070 - 2K @ 165Hz

2 hours ago, ThroneSmasher said:

Mm seems good but i would double chk when it was manufactured recently hp is recalling models for faulty parts idk if it includes this one , and if you cam wait to the one i mention it comes with a 1050 ti wich is more powerful then the 960m and its newer

1 hour ago, nerdslayer1 said:

i would get the inspiron, overall its a great laptop if you wait a while you can pick one up with a 1050 ti for the same price. 

1 hour ago, connorpiper said:

Make sure you are looking at the new Inspiron 7000 gaming. 7567 and 7467. It was updated very recently. 

The 14" model will be in the US soon. It will have the same base GPU, CPU and RAM as the 15" model but it should have a 128GB SSD and a 500GB HDD with the $800 price. 

That HP has the 960M, which is much less powerful, and it does not have a backlit keyboard. Plus the 960M has 2GB vRAM rather than 4GB.

actually im hearing that the tn panel on the inspiron kinda sucks, whereas the other i found has ips:/

might just settle for the other one because a touchscreen would also be super nice and also i kinda dont want to wait for the new inspiron

52 minutes ago, Holtster2000 said:

actually im hearing that the tn panel on the inspiron kinda sucks, whereas the other i found has ips:/

might just settle for the other one because a touchscreen would also be super nice and also i kinda dont want to wait for the new inspiron

you can't have everything at that price range, power over display for most cases. you can also get a 4k model on the dell. 

Well up to you honestly i have a tn 144hz monitor and when i use my predator x17 with ips and gsync my eyes Hve to adjust idk i guess im just used to tn panels

3 hours ago, Holtster2000 said:

The 15" model is out right now, the 14" will be out soon. You could also get the older Inspiron 7000 series for much cheaper which does have an IPS panel. 

Both have more features than the HP. 

5800X3D - RTX 4070 - 2K @ 165Hz

Yeah, I would avoid the new Inspiron 7567 (FHD models), due to very poor display quality. The panel delivers grayish blacks, and vertical viewing angles narrow enough that darker colors already begin to distort at just the slightest angle change. What should be a solid black image will instead be a grayish gradient like this (different laptop, same issue), which changes depending on how you look at the display.

The specs might look fine on paper, but the quality of the screen might make games worse running in higher settings, than they'd look running on lower settings on a lower GPU but a better display. Not to mention even outside of gaming the differences between different displays are often some of the most noticeable out of all spec differences. I think it's important to avoid this not only because of the display itself, but also because the display is a deliberate downgrade from the IPS in the 7559. It seems to signify Dell "testing the waters" and attempting to normalize cheap low quality displays again, and I think it's important that we vote with our wallets against that.

The upcoming Acer Aspire VX 15 (release date March I think) is expected to be very similar to the Dell, but will have an IPS display.

The HP Pavilion Power offers a GTX 1050 and an IPS display for cheaper than the base Inspiron. Not sure how good its cooling is though.