Samsung reveals Note 7 Explosion Problem

Microsoft Master

Samsung has released the issue causing the Note 7 To Not Explode but Cause a Thermal runaway.

The first Note 7 Battery issue was the Negative electro tips touching each other in a curved way causing a Negative charge to occur.

The second Note 7 issue was that a abnormal weld spot in the middle left of the battery caused the battery to short cirrcut.

as of 2017

Samsung now has added a new Saftey testing protocall for all samsung batterys in the Galexy series as of 2017

To learn more go here

http://www.samsung.com/us/explore/committed-to-quality/?CID=van-brd-brd-0119-10000141

I'm amazed this is only just being posted.

I used it in one of my assignments that was handed in last Thursday xD

PC - CPU Ryzen 5 1600 - GPU Power Color Radeon 5700XT- Motherboard Gigabyte GA-AB350 Gaming - RAM 16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB - Storage 525GB Crucial MX300 SSD + 120GB Kingston SSD   PSU Corsair CX750M - Cooling Stock - Case White NZXT S340

Peripherals - Mouse Logitech G502 Wireless - Keyboard Logitech G915 TKL  Headset Razer Kraken Pro V2's - Displays 2x Acer 24" GF246(1080p, 75hz, Freesync) Steering Wheel & Pedals Logitech G29 & Shifter

Just now, RKRiley said:

I'm amazed this is only just being posted.

I used it in one of my assignments that was handed in last Thursday xD

Idk why it was just now i guess building pc's slows me down lol

Little bit late to the news on this one (: 

They released a video about it last week, though it seems to be unlisted for some reason. 

samsung fucked themselves so hard with this, two different battery malfunctions in a single product series? let this be a lesson to all company's to not cut corners on consumer safety.

So are they going to try again with the note 7, or just go straight to the note 8?

【=◈︿◈=】

\\ CPU i7-6700k @ 4.4ghz(1.26v) \\ GPU | 1070 FE 8GB  // Audio FiiO E10k / AT M50X //

\\ Monitor | LG 29UM69G-B \\ Phone LG G6 H870DS // Nintendo Switch //

fba5f5925c6699c180b40e58f5b6f14c_400x400

22 minutes ago, Eredian said:

So are they going to try again with the note 7, or just go straight to the note 8?

The Note 7 is dead. There is no way to market it or anything by that name. Note 8 is the next chapter.

this is fake news. real news says it was leprechauns. there was actually a thread on this last week

☼

ψ ︿_____︿_ψ_   

24 minutes ago, Eredian said:

just like last year with the S7 release; first they will bring out S8, then they will bring out a larger version with a S-pen, call it the Note 8, and charge ~40% more for it

☼

ψ ︿_____︿_ψ_   

2 hours ago, tlink said:

samsung fucked themselves so hard with this, two different battery malfunctions in a single product series? let this be a lesson to all company's to not cut corners on consumer safety.

Samsung isn't really to blame. It was very unfortunate, yes, but they didn't even produce the second battery.

2 hours ago, Eredian said:

The Note 7 was marketed and sold. Why would they name it the Note 7 again?

2 hours ago, SCHISCHKA said:

just like last year with the S7 release; first they will bring out S8, then they will bring out a larger version with a S-pen, call it the Note 8, and charge ~40% more for it

Generally there are a lot more changes than just a pen...

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

7 hours ago, dizmo said:

Samsung isn't really to blame. It was very unfortunate, yes, but they didn't even produce the second battery.

??? how is the company that sold explosive phones under their brand, the company that is responsible by law for consumer safety not to blame?
Afbeeldingsresultaat voor confused man meme

Thanks to the exploding success of the Galaxy Note 7, people have suddenly remembered that Quality Control and Quality Assurance is a thing!

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

This news is old already..

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

On 2017-01-31 at 2:50 AM, tlink said:

??? how is the company that sold explosive phones under their brand, the company that is responsible by law for consumer safety not to blame?

You made it sound like it's their fault that the battery was malfunctioning. They didn't produce it. It was two different issues, it wasn't like it was the same mistake made twice. Same component, yes, different problem.

I'm pretty sure the other companies don't test their batteries as extensively as Samsung does now. So it could easily have happened to any manufacturer. So to say they cut corners is also false. 

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

40 minutes ago, dizmo said:

You made it sound like it's their fault that the battery was malfunctioning. They didn't produce it. It was two different issues, it wasn't like it was the same mistake made twice. Same component, yes, different problem.

I'm pretty sure the other companies don't test their batteries as extensively as Samsung does now. So it could easily have happened to any manufacturer. So to say they cut corners is also false. 

It sort of was their fault. It was built to Samsung's specifications. They also took responsibility for that. 

The fact, that the battery manufacturers didn't tell Samsung off for proposing a battery design that couldn't possibly fit in a crammed space with such a high density, is another matter.

1 hour ago, dizmo said:

it is their fault because they are end responsible. they sell the product, they have to check this. it doesn't matter what other company's do, if it happened to them i would blame them just as much. this stuff shouldn't go past QC, they cut corners. universal to any company that lets that pass trough QC.

4 hours ago, Jack_of_all_Trades said:

Indeed , we obviously can't hold responsible the company selling this premium product with barely any quality control and asking for a shit load of money, obviously.

True but im supprised they haven't sued the second manufacturer because if you knew that there was an issue in the first battery why not check the second battery so that it dosen't happen again.

Took a flight last Tuesday, domestic only. They're still making a point out of mentioning the phone is banned for flight. I am at this point not sure if it wasn't the biggest publicity stunt ever seen since the other, non-face-melting models seem to be selling just fine.

-------

Current Rig

-------