how much can a tablet last?

i have a note 10.1 2014 its still kinda the same specs as new ones\

so how long can it last working fast?(idc bout software update i will install custom roms)

It depends on how much you put on it. You can reset it to factory defaults and you'd experience the same speeds as when the device was new. 

Main System: Phobos

AMD Ryzen 7 2700 (8C/16T), ASRock B450 Steel Legend, 16GB G.SKILL Aegis DDR4 3000MHz, AMD Radeon RX 570 4GB (XFX), 960GB Crucial M500, 2TB Seagate BarraCuda, Windows 10 Pro for Workstations/macOS Catalina

Secondary System: York

Intel Core i7-2600 (4C/8T), ASUS P8Z68-V/GEN3, 16GB GEIL Enhance Corsa DDR3 1600MHz, Zotac GeForce GTX 550 Ti 1GB, 240GB ADATA Ultimate SU650, Windows 10 Pro for Workstations

Older File Server: Yet to be named

Intel Pentium 4 HT (1C/2T), Intel D865GBF, 3GB DDR 400MHz, ATI Radeon HD 4650 1GB (HIS), 80GB WD Caviar, 320GB Hitachi Deskstar, Windows XP Pro SP3, Windows Server 2003 R2

1 minute ago, 27md said:

i dont mean it slows down by itself i mean new software requiremnets is the tablet good enough to last ?

You don't have to get new software. And at some point manufacturer will stop releasing new software update for it

1 minute ago, deXxterlab97 said:

You don't have to get new software. And at some point manufacturer will stop releasing new software update for it

Considering it isn't an Apple, you'll get more support for a longer period of time.. I think Apple stops support at 5 years. Then it's Legacy. No support for anything, software or hardware.

They will all still work though. I still have a 1st Gen Ipad 1. I mainly use it as a PDF reader.

But anyways, if the tablet handles what you need it to, it should be fine. They don't really burn out as much as PCs do with hardware issues. Just take care of it physically. Drops pose the most risk to the screen and internal components.

1 minute ago, Ryujin2003 said:

Considering it isn't an Apple, you'll get more support for a longer period of time.. I think Apple stops support at 5 years. Then it's Legacy. No support for anything, software or hardware.

They will all still work though. I still have a 1st Gen Ipad 1. I mainly use it as a PDF reader.

But anyways, if the tablet handles what you need it to, it should be fine. They don't really burn out as much as PCs do with hardware issues. Just take care of it physically. Drops pose the most risk to the screen and internal components.

Yeah I was quite surprised when they release iOS 9 for my mom's iPad 2. The original iOS came was 4 lol. Seems a lot of time passed. iOS 10 no longer release for iPad 2 anymore.

5 minutes ago, Ryujin2003 said:

Apple offers more support than Android OEMs -- in general. iOS devices usually receive five or so updates while Android devices are lucky if they get more than one. 

3 minutes ago, 27md said:

i the cpu of this tablet good enough for it to last?

It depends what it's being used for and what you use it for in the future. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

5 minutes ago, Ryujin2003 said:

Actually, Apple tends to support their tablets more than any other manufacturer... minus like Windows tablets, but it's easier to get support when you run full Windows.

Currently focusing on my video game collection.

It doesn't matter what you play games on, just play good games you enjoy.

3 minutes ago, 27md said:

1 minute ago, djdwosk97 said:

Apple offers more support than Android does -- in general. iOS devices usually receive five or so updates while Android devices are lucky if they get more than one. 

It depends what it's being used for and what you use it for in the future. 

Android devices lack updating because of the manufacturer, not Google directly. Samsung has to put their own crap into the Android updates that Google releases. Its a bloody mess sometimes.

Yes, Apple provides more updates because their devices are completely proprietary, but I was referring to "technical support". In my experience, on an older device, Apple will tend to push you towards the newer electronics than other manufacturers do. (Again, in my experience, others may completely disagree. Also, not that relevant to this post anyways.)

Depending on what you plan to use the table for, it should be ok. You don't have much storage capacity, and the wireless is a bit lacking with only support for b/g/n. This tablet is a bit dated in features. It looks like it was released in 2014.

But as stated by djdwosk, specifics on your tasks and usage would help provide better answers.

1 minute ago, Ryujin2003 said:

Android devices lack updating because of the manufacturer, not Google directly. Samsung has to put their own crap into the Android updates that Google releases. Its a bloody mess sometimes.

Yes, Apple provides more updates because their devices are completely proprietary, but I was referring to "technical support". In my experience, on an older device, Apple will tend to push you towards the newer electronics than other manufacturers do. (Again, in my experience, others may completely disagree. Also, not that relevant to this post anyways.)

I'm not blaming Google for it, although, they could push harder on manufacturers, but whatever. I was just pointing out that for one reason or another, Android devices tend not to get long-term software support. 

That hasn't been my experience at all. I've seen plenty of people bring antiquated hardware into Apple stores to the Genius Bar to get help and they're usually happy to help. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

18 minutes ago, 27md said:

That is a very subjective question/answer.  It will really depend on you and how much patience you have with how long it takes to load web pages years from now and also how long the apps you want to use are supported on the device.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800x3d  Motherboard:  Gigabyte B650 AORUS Elite  RAM:  Vengeance 2 x 16GB DDR5 6000   GPU:  Zotac RTX 4090

Storage:  M.2 Samsung Evo 860 TB / Samsung Evo 840 500GB   Case:  be quiet Dark Base 900   PSU: Corsair SHIFT RM1000x  Display:  ASUS AW3423DW QD-OLED 34" 3440x1440 Ultrawide w/ GSYNC

17 hours ago, Kosios said:

You probably have about 2 years left.  I know ipads and iphones last about 4-5 years

thanks that's the answer I needed only you answered it :D 

I'm surprised it's still working. TouchWiz murders Android and makes it feel sluggish after 6 months.

Ryzen 5 3600 | EVGA CLC240 | EVGA RTX 2070 Super XC Ultra | ASRock B450 Pro4 | 16gb EVGA SuperSC DDR4-3200 | 1tb WD SN550 | 2tb SanDisk Ultra 3DEVGA P2 650w | Fractal Design Meshify CViewSonic VX2758-2KP-MHD + ViewSonic VS2412-H | GHS.RAR (Boba U4s, Staebies, GMK Aurora Polaris + Artisans) | Steelseries Aerox Ghost | Artisan-Japan Ninja FX Hien (M/Soft) | Fostex HP-A3 | Fostex PM0.3G | Fostex T60RP | Beyerdynamic DT 1990 Pro | Beyerdynamic FOX

2 hours ago, Exprima said:

I'm surprised it's still working. TouchWiz murders Android and makes it feel sluggish after 6 months.

TouchWiz is one of the first things I replace. 

AMD Ryzen 7 2700 (8C/16T), ASRock B450 Steel Legend, 16GB G.SKILL Aegis DDR4 3000MHz, AMD Radeon RX 570 4GB (XFX), 960GB Crucial M500, 2TB Seagate BarraCuda, Windows 10 Pro for Workstations/macOS Catalina

Intel Core i7-2600 (4C/8T), ASUS P8Z68-V/GEN3, 16GB GEIL Enhance Corsa DDR3 1600MHz, Zotac GeForce GTX 550 Ti 1GB, 240GB ADATA Ultimate SU650, Windows 10 Pro for Workstations

Intel Pentium 4 HT (1C/2T), Intel D865GBF, 3GB DDR 400MHz, ATI Radeon HD 4650 1GB (HIS), 80GB WD Caviar, 320GB Hitachi Deskstar, Windows XP Pro SP3, Windows Server 2003 R2

5 hours ago, Exprima said:

what ive had my tab s2 on touchwiz for a year and its not sluggish at all.

i7-9980x 4.20mhz - 19.8 terraflops of ram - 512mb GENERIC VIDEO_CARD - 20w PSU with hyperthreading. 

37 minutes ago, GoldSolitude said:

what ive had my tab s2 on touchwiz for a year and its not sluggish at all.

Wow, you're lucky. Most people do have issues with it after just a short while. For instance, my Galaxy Tab 4 10.1 will completely freeze, then start working again, but at a speed of (seemingly) 5MHz. You have to force restart it there. And using a different launcher completely resolves this issue!

2 hours ago, Jamiec1130 said:

Wow, you're lucky. Most people do have issues with it after just a short while. For instance, my Galaxy Tab 4 10.1 will completely freeze, then start working again, but at a speed of (seemingly) 5MHz. You have to force restart it there. And using a different launcher completely resolves this issue!

I have had my tab s2 for over a year and my galaxy s7 edge for 10 months and both are extremely fast (both exactly the same performance)

On ‎1‎/‎31‎/‎2017 at 7:29 PM, Exprima said:

I don't use it but when I did it wasn't slow

2 hours ago, 27md said:

-snip-

Could be both tough. Have you tried cleaning the table thoroughly, in terms of software in the very least :P? You could always try a DIY battery replacement with IFixit guidance, since your not losing much anyways with that old tablet, after all its normal for batteries to lose theyr capacity after so many charge/discharge cycles (should be around 500-1000 before heavy degradation occurs). I believe you can extend that tablet life for an extra +2 years, before it wont even last you a days worth of moderate usage. My friend had a phone with a 720p display and 4000mAh Li-ion battery and it was bought in 2012. He said at first it could last up to a week with low-moderate usage, nowadays it only lasted 2-3 days with low and 2 max with moderate usage, which given its low efficiency but low performance to be normal with its degradation in place.

Groomlake Authority