Do You Think The Ryzen 4-Core Will Be An Upgrade From The 8-Core 8350?

Will the Ryzen 4-core be more powerful for gaming and production than the 8 cores of the 8350?

I mean, as you know, it's often said that the 8350 only has 4 actual cores. As far as I'm concerned, though, it's an 8-core.

What do you think?

5 minutes ago, CDHoward said:

Will the Ryzen 4-core be more powerful for gaming and production than the 8 cores of the 8350?

I mean, as you know, it's often said that the 8350 only has 4 actual cores. As far as I'm concerned, though, it's an 8-core.

What do you think?

you'd like to think so as the new 4 core will probably be around the same price as an new i5, there's no real way to know for certain until they release benchmarks for it :) 

Well, the whole "it only has 4 cores" argument has honestly been tossed out the window as many times and more, as it's been brought up. It has 8 cores, intel fanboys just like to argue to the contrary, even though the courts have already closed the debate.

As @Squibbies18 said, we can't know for certain until it drops and retail samples get into the hands of unbiased third party reviewers. But, from leaked benchmarks we can make a few pretty safe assumptions. From those benchmarks it looks like it will perform significantly better than the 8320/50 in games with average to poor cpu optimization. And it should perform slightly better in games with solid optimization on the cpu end. Now, there's still going to be case by case differences when looking at specific games, and whether or not the increase in enough games warrants in your opinion and upgrade is still entirely up in the air.

TLDR: We'll just have to wait, but yes... tentatively it should perform better, we just don't know how much.

Updated 2021 Desktop || 3700x || Asus x570 Tuf Gaming || 32gb Predator 3200mhz || 2080s XC Ultra || MSI 1440p144hz || DT990 + HD660 || GoXLR + ifi Zen Can || Avermedia Livestreamer 513 ||

New Home Dedicated Game Server || Xeon E5 2630Lv3 || 16gb 2333mhz ddr4 ECC || 2tb Sata SSD || 8tb Nas HDD || Radeon 6450 1g display adapter ||

8 minutes ago, Squibbies18 said:

you'd like to think so as the new 4 core will probably be around the same price as an new i5, there's no real way to know for certain until they release benchmarks for it :) 

A recent report is saying that only the 4-core and 8-core Ryzens will be released first off, with no date mentioned for the 6-core release.

The 6-core will be the sweet spot probably. But if I have to choose between the 8 and 4 core, I'll have to go 4 core due to budget limits. But if that 4 core is equal or only a bit better than the 8350, then there's no point in upgrading.

I hope that report is just a gay rumour.

10 minutes ago, CDHoward said:

I hope that report is just a gay rumour.

Well there was a report regarding how there would be no 6 core Ryzen CPU like 1.5 years ago so...that just kinda makes it more likely that there's no 6 core :/ 

Hopefully AMD does release a 6 core but it's possible they will release the 6 core a couple of months later than the 4 and 8 cores as it's likely they're going to rely on bad 8 core chips to be turned in to 6 core chips...

Looking at my signature are we now? Well too bad there's nothing here...

What? As I said, there seriously is nothing here :)