Possible School and/or Gaming Laptop

I'm looking for a gaming laptop or a ultrabook and was wondering what I should I get, I have a decently high budget, around 1250 USD but that is the absolute maximum because any more would just be to expensive for my tastes. I know In almost every case I could build a better desktop for cheaper but I already have one and want a laptop for around the house use. I was thinking of going with a Razer Blade Stealth i7 and then waiting until I get more money and buying a razer core but that would be a long term plan and possibly not worth it. I was also thinking of this laptop.

Requirements:

1080p and above screen

If its a gaming laptop then a nvidia 10 series GPU

Windows 10(Obviously)

Wants:

High capacity SSD or SSD + HDD

RGB would be cool

Thunderbolt 3 if ultrabook

Decent I/O

Decent Battery if ultrabook

Again my currency is USD and I don't have any requirements that relate to brands but Razer is cool.

A Zenbook UX310 maybe? (It doesn't have Thunderbolt though, like probably most devices in your price range)

Quote and/or tag people using @ otherwise they don't get notified of your response!

The HUMBLE Computer:

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X • Noctua NH-U12A • ASUS STRIX X570-F • Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16 • GIGABYTE Nvidia GTX1080 G1 • FRACTAL DESIGN Define C w/ blue Meshify C front • Corsair RM750x (2018) • OS: Kingston KC2000 1TB GAMES: Intel 660p 1TB DATA: Seagate Desktop 2TB • Acer Predator X34P 34" 3440x1440p 120 Hz IPS curved Ultrawide • Corsair STRAFE RGB Cherry MX Brown • Logitech G502 HERO / Logitech MX Master 3

Notebook:  HP Spectre x360 13" late 2018

Core i7 8550U • 16GB DDR3 RAM • 512GB NVMe SSD • 13" 1920x1080p 120 Hz IPS touchscreen • dual Thunderbolt 3

Just curious would the Razer Stealth really be worth the price because I kind of want to use that laptop for school. I also kind of want to know if the Razer core is really worth it since its basically the only egpu dock using thunderbolt 3.

1 minute ago, owenhar1 said:

Just curious would the Razer Stealth really be worth the price because I kind of want to use that laptop for school. I also kind of want to know if the Razer core is really worth it since its basically the only egpu dock using thunderbolt 3.

its clunky and doesn't work all the time the cpu is underpowered but it can work if you really want it. 

2 hours ago, owenhar1 said:

No. ULV duo core CPU makes it absolutely trash. Also there are other eGPU enclosures out now that are better than Razers and also cheaper. The Akitio Node is one of them. Alienware's dedicated PCIE out solution is far superior to any TB3 solution too. And definitely not worth it. If you want a laptop just to eGPU, you can take a look at the E5480 or a refurbished Dell Precision 5510. 

Laptop Main

(Retired) Zbook 15: i7-6820HQ, M2000M, 32gb, 512gb SSD + 2tb HDD, 4k Dreamcolor

(Retired) Alienware 15 R3: i7-6820HK, GTX1070, 16gb, 512 SSD + 1tb HDD, 1080p

(Retired) T560: i7-6600U, HD520, 16gb, 512gb SSD, 1620p

(Retired) P650RS: i7-6820HK, 1070, 16gb, 512gb + 1tb HDD, 4k Samsung PLS

(Retired) MBP 2012 Retina: i7-3820QM, GT650M, 16gb, 512gb SSD, 1800p

13 hours ago, Pendragon said:

No. ULV duo core CPU makes it absolutely trash. Also there are other eGPU enclosures out now that are better than Razers and also cheaper. The Akitio Node is one of them. Alienware's dedicated PCIE out solution is far superior to any TB3 solution too. And definitely not worth it. If you want a laptop just to eGPU, you can take a look at the E5480 or a refurbished Dell Precision 5510. 

hm..... again the voice of reason.

i don't know if you wan spend a extra +400 on a Razer external GPU wouldn't Alienware 13 make more sense

http://www.dell.com/en-us/shop/productdetails/alienware-13-laptop/dkcwkble3s

1550 + $200 for Alienware external GPU (gogo EVGA Titan X pascal Hybrid $1500, like a pro)

+ OLED for $250 (but eh i won't go for it.)

and they (Dell Alienware) are doing you a favor they are giving you only 8gb (not soldered in) of RAM and 256GB PCIe SSD (Boot.) know what you could do with that money later on?

Current (advised)

+ $10 for intel 8265 (wifi Killer from what is being said is .......)

+ $8 for Thermal Paste

later or 2nd hand/ on sale

+ $380 Corsair Vengeance® Series 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 SODIMM 2666MHz OR $150 Corsair Vengeance® Series 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 SODIMM 2666MHz (compare the red price with Dell Alienware's)

+ Samsung 950/960 EVO/PRO