Are there any websites that have computer case models you can 3D Print?

Does such a service/business where you can download the necessary plans to 3D print a computer case with a certain 3D printer with specific materials exist yet?  Or is it still in the future for now?  I'm just curious.  Hopefully this is not a duplicate thread.

4 minutes ago, VPrime said:

Does such a service/business where you can download the necessary plans to 3D print a computer case with a certain 3D printer with specific materials exist yet?  Or is it still in the future for now?  I'm just curious.  Hopefully this is not a duplicate thread.

i would go look on sketchfab - or go look at open source computer case plans and upload those plans to 3dhubs and print it there

i'm sure you can find plenty of computer case models out on the net, but printing something of that size isnt even near practical enough to make it worth over buying an off the shelf case.

1 minute ago, manikyath said:

i'm sure you can find plenty of computer case models out on the net, but printing something of that size isnt even near practical enough to make it worth over buying an off the shelf case.

While I acknowledge your point, I suppose I am just curious because customization may become more relevant in the near future.  Well, that and RGB everything.

1 minute ago, VPrime said:

While I acknowledge your point, I suppose I am just curious because customization may become more relevant in the near future.  Well, that and RGB everything.

there's a few issues i can say right now:

- PLA isnt nearly heat resistant enough

- PLA isnt nearly durable enough

- even if you have appropriate build size (which.. how much do you plan spending on that printer? ;)) you'll have to print in pieces to deal with overhangs (which is problematic for FDM type printers)

- the print time.. is painful

- the cost of the fillament would be like.. almost worth considering custom case building companies (what does exist)

- manual labor to clean everything out, because printing is messy... is terrible.

2 minutes ago, manikyath said:

there's a few issues i can say right now:

- PLA isnt nearly heat resistant enough

- PLA isnt nearly durable enough

- even if you have appropriate build size (which.. how much do you plan spending on that printer? ;)) you'll have to print in pieces to deal with overhangs (which is problematic for FDM type printers)

- the print time.. is painful

- the cost of the fillament would be like.. almost worth considering custom case building companies (what does exist)

- manual labor to clean everything out, because printing is messy... is terrible.

Lol no I don't have a printer, I am just curious about this