roll a ball (unity) player controller not moving

manlykeweaver465

i need help, i followed the tutorial of unity for roll a ball and done exactly what it tells me to do but i have no movement and i keep getting an error UPDATE: it is working fine now but i still have the error (2nd picture)

1.PNG

2.PNG

3.PNG

7 minutes ago, manlykeweaver465 said:

i need help, i followed the tutorial of unity for roll a ball and done exactly what it tells me to do but i have no movement and i keep getting an error UPDATE: it is working fine now but i still have the error (2nd picture)

1.PNG

2.PNG

3.PNG

Have you made sure to update or reinstall?

CPU: i7-6700K | Motherboard: MSI Z170A Krait Gaming 3X | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 8GB DDR4-2666 Memory

Solid State Drives: Two PNY 120GB 2.5" Solid State Drives | GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 1070 SC GAMING ACX 3.0 Black Edition

PSU: Thermaltake Smart 650W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply | Case: Thermaltake Core V71 ATX Full Tower Case.

PCPartPicker

3 minutes ago, Joseph Hartness said:

i do have an update but only just got the error 

Are you sure you didn't have to set the rigidbody variable as public and attached the ball object to that variable?

Could you otherwise share the tutorial please?

3 minutes ago, Joseph Hartness said:

An update isn't gonna fix an error. If you're gonna quote a post with three images, at least snip it too.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

2 minutes ago, manlykeweaver465 said:

i do have an update but only just got the error 

Could it be any driver errors? What build version do you have?

CPU: i7-6700K | Motherboard: MSI Z170A Krait Gaming 3X | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 8GB DDR4-2666 Memory

Solid State Drives: Two PNY 120GB 2.5" Solid State Drives | GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 1070 SC GAMING ACX 3.0 Black Edition

PSU: Thermaltake Smart 650W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply | Case: Thermaltake Core V71 ATX Full Tower Case.

PCPartPicker

1 minute ago, Minibois said:

Are you sure you didn't have to set the rigidbody variable as public and attached the ball object to that variable?

An update isn't gonna fix an error. If you're gonna quote a post with three images, at least snip it too.

Updates can fix errors.

PCPartPicker

2 minutes ago, Minibois said:

heres the tutorial https://unity3d.com/learn/tutorials/projects/roll-ball-tutorial/moving-player?playlist=17141 

and it says to make it private 

2 minutes ago, manlykeweaver465 said:

Try capitalizing the first S in 'start' (your first function). It may be possible that is the cause of the error (as the rb variable is not filled with any information otherwise)

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

4 minutes ago, Lacrimas said:

Your advice is pretty useless.

Yes I know. Just trying to help, I don't know much about unity but at least I tried to help. I digress.

PCPartPicker

2 minutes ago, Minibois said:

Try capitalizing the first S in 'start' (your first function). It may be possible that is the cause of the error (as the rb variable is not filled with any information otherwise)

yeah i capitalized which made it move but i still get the error 

1 minute ago, Lacrimas said:

Is there any particular reason as to why you don't have the 'speed' variable in your code?

yeah ive added it now and ive made a public float for it so the movement is working