CSGO PC under $1250AUD

Hey everyone,

I am currently in need of help to build my first Gaming PC.

My Budget is $1250 roughly $945USD

I would like to run CSGO at the highest settings and get at least 300FPS (so if i ever stream i will still be able to get at least 150-250) I know I do not need that much fps, i would just like it that high as a stream drop prevention.

Please keep in mind I will hardly stream so I don't need the specifications to fit streaming.

The main games I will be playing is:

Counter Strike: Global Offence

H1Z1

I really don't care about what the PC looks like (no overall colour, lights etc) just would like it to run well.

Please keep in mind I will be buying off Australian Websites (No Amazon) and using AUD not USD

I would like an Intel CPU over an AMD CPU

I Do not require any peripherals so please keep that out of the price.

Please leave storage and OS out of the cost as both are already pre-purchased

Any help would be appreciated

Thank You

Why do you need 300fps to stream at 150-200? Most people will only be watching it at 60fps anyways, and the highest hz monitor i've seen was 190 something.

hitting 300 isn't too hard, just curious why you need 300 :P 

PC - CPU Ryzen 5 1600 - GPU Power Color Radeon 5700XT- Motherboard Gigabyte GA-AB350 Gaming - RAM 16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB - Storage 525GB Crucial MX300 SSD + 120GB Kingston SSD   PSU Corsair CX750M - Cooling Stock - Case White NZXT S340

Peripherals - Mouse Logitech G502 Wireless - Keyboard Logitech G915 TKL  Headset Razer Kraken Pro V2's - Displays 2x Acer 24" GF246(1080p, 75hz, Freesync) Steering Wheel & Pedals Logitech G29 & Shifter

1 minute ago, RKRiley said:

Why do you need 300fps to stream at 150-200? Most people will only be watching it at 60fps anyways, and the highest hz monitor i've seen was 190 something.

Well i am currently using one of my friends pc's. Normally I can get 150 on that but as soon as i start streaming my game drops to under 100fps which causes it to gitter and stutter from time to time. As I know you don't need a lot of fps to play, i just would like that safety barrier to prevent a large fps drop as I know it can happen from time to time. That's all

16 minutes ago, RKRiley said:

It's CSGO? If I don't achieve 250FPS, I feel as it's literally unplayable xD 

Spoiler

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i5-7600K 3.8GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($338.00 @ Shopping Express) 
CPU Cooler: be quiet! PURE ROCK 51.7 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler  ($45.00 @ PCCaseGear) 
Motherboard: ASRock Z270 Pro4 ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  ($185.00 @ PCCaseGear) 
Memory: GeIL SUPER LUCE 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 Memory  ($99.00 @ PLE Computers) 
Video Card: XFX Radeon RX 480 8GB GTR Video Card  ($369.00 @ PCCaseGear) 
Case: NZXT Source 210 (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case  ($39.00 @ PLE Computers) 
Power Supply: XFX TS 550W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply  ($89.00 @ PCCaseGear) 
Total: $1164.00
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2017-01-26 22:12 AEDT+1100

Or

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7-7700 3.6GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($438.00 @ Shopping Express) 
Motherboard: ASRock Z270 Pro4 ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  ($185.00 @ PCCaseGear) 
Memory: GeIL SUPER LUCE 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 Memory  ($99.00 @ PLE Computers) 
Video Card: XFX Radeon RX 480 8GB GTR Video Card  ($369.00 @ PCCaseGear) 
Power Supply: XFX TS 550W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply  ($89.00 @ PCCaseGear) 
Total: $1219.00
Generated by PCPartPicker 2017-01-26 22:14 AEDT+1100

Or

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i5-7600 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($314.00 @ Shopping Express) 
Motherboard: Asus PRIME B250M-A Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  ($127.00 @ Shopping Express) 
Video Card: Asus GeForce GTX 1070 8GB Dual Series Video Card  ($590.21 @ Skycomp Technology) 
Total: $1258.21
Generated by PCPartPicker 2017-01-26 22:18 AEDT+1100

Edit: Ah fack, no wonder the GeIL RAM sticks were $50 cheaper than all other 2x8GB kits...it's not even in stock...whoops

Looking at my signature are we now? Well too bad there's nothing here...

What? As I said, there seriously is nothing here :) 

CPU: Intel Core i7-7700 3.6GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($438.00 @ Shopping Express) 
Motherboard: MSI B250M PRO-VDH Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  ($125.00 @ PLE Computers) 
Memory: G.Skill TridentZ Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 Memory  ($148.50 @ Newegg Australia) 
Video Card: Sapphire Radeon RX 480 4GB NITRO+ 4G Video Card  ($335.00 @ Scorptec) 
Case: Cooler Master MasterBox Lite 3 (Windowed) MicroATX Mini Tower Case  ($55.00 @ IJK) 
Power Supply: Antec High Current Gamer 520W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($99.00 @ Umart) 
Total: $1200.50
Generated by PCPartPicker 2017-01-26 22:21 AEDT+1100

i7 because streaming (go into console of csgo and there should be a command similar to 'csgo_mcore_test 1' which boosts FPS by a fair amount (10-20 FPS). 

An RX 480 should be enough for pretty much any game nowadays

16GBs of (fancy looking ) RAM because streaming

USEFUL LINKS:

PSU Tier List F@H stats

4 minutes ago, TheRandomness said:

Video Card: Sapphire Radeon RX 480 4GB NITRO+ 4G Video Card  ($335.00 @ Scorptec) 

Why not spend an extra $35AUD for the GTR 8GB RX480? :D 

I mean he's getting a slightly better cooler and 4GB of extra vRAM for literally nothing that much more......but I guess he really doesn't need the extra vRAM...

Oooor you could build a proper pc capable of smooth gameplay rather than get high frame rates that will drop the moment you start streaming.

Stuttering in streaming is caused by lack of CPU power.

What you need to stream is a higher end i7 (6700k/7700k) along with pretty much any other components you want.
CSGO runs on potatoes so a gtx 1060/1070 is perfectly fine and capable.

1060 will probably give you like 300 fps as it is but you shouldn't be streaming at anywhere near that because the higher the number, the more you'll feel sudden FPS drops.

When I used to stream I streamed at 60fps and used the software to lock game fps at 80fps.
In most cases (it definitely will in csgo) this will result in your system not having too much stress on it and as such, run games smoother.

Also keep in mind that different streaming software will be less or more demanding.
OBS is quite a good software that is very customizable and also free.

I hear you can stream through shadowplay or something like that now too? Might be worth looking into because shadowplay barely touches performance (2-3 fps drop)

Thanks for the help everyone!

I took some ideas of each of your creations. Please review the PC I made.

I did go over budget by $100 but I managed to get a 1060 6GB and a i7-7700 into the build.

Please tell me if it won't work as I am a first time PC builder and do not know the specific needs and specs needed.

https://au.pcpartpicker.com/user/Mitch.s99/saved/3tQcf7

@Mr.Meerkat @Andrew Sh @TheRandomness

3 minutes ago, Crimma said:

Looks fine :) 

You could use this motherboard instead if you wanna save a couple of big ones as back when I created my list, it was literally the cheapest x2xx ATX motherboard I could find :P 

I mean with that standard non-K 7700, you won't be overclocking so I guess you can just save a little bit of money. 

On 26/01/2017 at 9:29 PM, Crimma said:

Thanks for the help everyone!

I took some ideas of each of your creations. Please review the PC I made.

I did go over budget by $100 but I managed to get a 1060 6GB and a i7-7700 into the build.

Please tell me if it won't work as I am a first time PC builder and do not know the specific needs and specs needed.

https://au.pcpartpicker.com/user/Mitch.s99/saved/3tQcf7

@Mr.Meerkat @Andrew Sh @TheRandomness

1 minor things I'd change there.
The 7700 is not overclockable. Spending $45 on a cooler is really really a waste.

At most, you should get a Hyper 212 or 412s (i have that).
Puts you a little bit back towards your budget.

On 1/26/2017 at 3:00 AM, Crimma said:

Sounds like a Pentium G4560 + Z270 board with an RX 460 is all you need

You can just use GPU accelerated streaming until you get an i7 7700K

Or better yet wait for Ryzen, since that'll most likely get you more threads than intel at the same price point

or better AM4 APUs will run CS:GO just fine

Also don't you always want to run CS:GO at it's lowest settings to maximize your FPS?

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?