Where do I get legal movies for my Server

NTDaws

I wasn't sure where to put this, not sure if it was servers or off topic. But also not many people answer in off topic so I just put it in general discussion, a mod can move it if they wish. Anyways I am trying to find really good movies, that are legal and free and I won't get another copyright notice on my email. :/ Can someone find me some really good legal movies for Plex media server, thx.

The geek himself.

2 minutes ago, Dawson Wehage said:

I wasn't sure where to put this, not sure if it was servers or off topic. But also not many people answer in off topic so I just put it in general discussion, a mod can move it if they wish. Anyways I am trying to find really good movies, that are legal and free and I won't get another copyright notice on my email. :/ Can someone find me some really good legal movies for Plex media server, thx.

Itunes?

[GUIDE] LGA 771 Mod for Dell Vostro 220 [GUIDE] LGA 775 BSEL Mod [BUILD] The Mighty Radeon-Powered Dell [VIDEO] Evolution of Intel CPUs

Can you game on an 8-year-old i7? Is the 4-year-old GTX 660 still relevant? Upgrading the HP Pro 3500

Main Rig:

Spoiler

CPU Intel Core i7 4930k @ 4.3GHz | Motherboard ASUS P9X79 Deluxe | RAM Hynix 32GB (8x4GB) 2133MHz CL11 | GPU Gigabyte GTX 980Ti G1 Gaming | Case NZXT Phantom 410 | Storage Samsung 850EVO 500GB, Seagate Barracuda 2TB | PSU Cooler Master G650M (650W) | Monitors x1 Dell U2515H, x2 Dell 1907FP | Cooling Noctua NH-D14 w. x2 NF-F12 iPPC-2000 PWM | Keyboard Logitech G610 ORION BROWN | Mouse Logitech Performance MX | OS Microsoft Windows 10 Pro x64

Just now, oskarha said:

Itunes?

Free

The geek himself.

Buy the DVD/bluray and rip them....although even that is technically illegal.

1 minute ago, Dawson Wehage said:

Free

That's not a thing. That's like asking where can I get a car that I can drive...for free..

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

Just now, Dawson Wehage said:

Free

No not happening.

Movies are copyrighted for a reason ;)

[GUIDE] LGA 771 Mod for Dell Vostro 220 [GUIDE] LGA 775 BSEL Mod [BUILD] The Mighty Radeon-Powered Dell [VIDEO] Evolution of Intel CPUs

Can you game on an 8-year-old i7? Is the 4-year-old GTX 660 still relevant? Upgrading the HP Pro 3500

Main Rig:

Spoiler

CPU Intel Core i7 4930k @ 4.3GHz | Motherboard ASUS P9X79 Deluxe | RAM Hynix 32GB (8x4GB) 2133MHz CL11 | GPU Gigabyte GTX 980Ti G1 Gaming | Case NZXT Phantom 410 | Storage Samsung 850EVO 500GB, Seagate Barracuda 2TB | PSU Cooler Master G650M (650W) | Monitors x1 Dell U2515H, x2 Dell 1907FP | Cooling Noctua NH-D14 w. x2 NF-F12 iPPC-2000 PWM | Keyboard Logitech G610 ORION BROWN | Mouse Logitech Performance MX | OS Microsoft Windows 10 Pro x64

1 minute ago, Oshino Shinobu said:

Free? There's basically none. 

Not sure if this is illegal, but can I use a screen recorder. And then put the movies into full screen. If it is then I might not do it. 

The geek himself.

5 minutes ago, Dawson Wehage said:

Public library, you can borrow DVD's there

2 minutes ago, Dawson Wehage said:

Not sure if this is illegal, but can I use a screen recorder. And then put the movies into full screen. If it is then I might not do it. 

Where would you stream the movie from?

You are going to have to buy the movie at some point.

Answered by @deXxterlab97

Main Rig:

Spoiler

Not sure what you are talking about...if you already have the movie playing on your computer (...for free?) why do you need to record the screen?

When in doubt, re-format.

Record from where? 

Just now, Dawson Wehage said:

It's illegal. Besides, how are you going to get the movies playing so you can record them without paying in the first place? If you can get the movies to record, there should be no reason to record them. 

I would just rip DVDs with handbrake.

Devices:

Desktop(s): Main Rig | CPU: R7 1700x, Ram: 16GB, GPU: GTX 1070 Ti

Server(s): My Server 

Laptop(s): Macbook Pro 13" (2015) 

Phone(s): iPhone SE (64GB), Nokia Lumia 925 

If you own movies on DVD or Blu-ray you can just rip them. 

▶ Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning. - Einstein◀

Please remember to mark a thread as solved if your issue has been fixed, it helps other who may stumble across the thread at a later point in time.

It's illegal, but no one will actually care. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

1 minute ago, oskarha said:

Where would you stream the movie from?

You are going to have to buy the movie at some point.

megashare.info, (Not Recommended) 

The geek himself.

1 minute ago, deXxterlab97 said:

Record from where? 

Megashare.info

The geek himself.

megashare.info, (Not Recommended) 

Megashare.info

Streaming movies without paying for them is illegal. Recording said movies is also illegal. 

2 minutes ago, deXxterlab97 said:

Public library, you can borrow DVD's there

4 minutes ago, djdwosk97 said:

Buy the DVD/bluray and rip them....although even that is technically illegal.

I think this would be your best option, although its still illegal.

Main Rig:

Spoiler

1 minute ago, Oshino Shinobu said:

Streaming movies without paying for them is illegal. Recording said movies is also illegal. 

Not in Canada. It's legal to stream movies. It's illegal to download them. I called my isp to confirm that.

The geek himself.

There's no "free" and legal way, if there was no one would ever buy a blu ray or rent a movie from redbox. Your gonna have to violate some copyright or law if you want it free, or pay for it. That's how people who make movies get paid.

2 minutes ago, aakopa said:

I would just rip DVDs with handbrake.

This next suggestion is most likely a gray area, that leans towards the illegal side, but you could always rent a disk from Redbox and rip that.

I believe it depends on where you live. 

▶ Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning. - Einstein◀

Please remember to mark a thread as solved if your issue has been fixed, it helps other who may stumble across the thread at a later point in time.

Not in Canada. It's legal to stream movies. It's illegal to download them. I called my isp to confirm that.

You can stream any movie at any time in Canada? That's a nice perk /s

1 minute ago, CameronDSetty said:

yeah I use Exodus and Kodi. Telus,  (My ISP) said it's not illegal.

The geek himself.

1 minute ago, CameronDSetty said:

It's only illegal if you own them by hand. 

The geek himself.