(Updated!) Resident evil 7 benchmarks

Techicolors
1 minute ago, Bleedingyamato said:

Is that in the Nvidia control panel?  

yeah.

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

51 minutes ago, djdwosk97 said:

yeah.

It says on steam that it uses Denuvo.  Do I need to worry about that causing problems or has that been debunked?

It says on steam that it uses Denuvo.  Do I need to worry about that causing problems or has that been debunked?

why would drm cause problems with dsr?

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

8 minutes ago, djdwosk97 said:

why would drm cause problems with dsr?

Sorry.  I meant does Denuvo cause any problems with either running games or spying on users/doing things that resemble malware?

Not specifically in regards to dsr.  

I seem to remember people having a history of not liking Denuvo.  But I don't know if those fears were proven true or ended up being 100% bs.  

Sorry.  I meant does Denuvo cause any problems with either running games or spying on users/doing things that resemble malware?

Not specifically in regards to dsr.  

I seem to remember people having a history of not liking Denuvo.  But I don't know if those fears were proven true or ended up being 100% bs.  

no idea

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

Spoiler

300€ R9 Fury on paar with 400€ GTX 1070? 

Nice.

If you find any grammar or spelling errors please fill out entry permit A38, thanks.

Greetings from germany

Profilepicture by Chibiterasu-chan

I'm disappointed in RE7, I really want a horror game to have a boss fight with a giant Mr Blobby which has nipple lasers, and rides a pogo stick.

PC - NZXT H510 Elite, Ryzen 5600, 16GB DDR3200 2x8GB, EVGA 3070 FTW3 Ultra, Asus VG278HQ 165hz,

Mac - 1.4ghz i5, 4GB DDR3 1600mhz, Intel HD 5000.  x2

Endlessly wishing for a BBQ in space.

16 hours ago, Bleedingyamato said:

Those benchmarks are average fps scores right?

Hmmm..  I don't have a 4K monitor yet but I'm wondering would you consider about 37 fps to be playable?

(That seems to be about what my 1070 would run RE7 at on 4K.) 

Ita easy for a 1070.

You can reduce a setting here or there and notice little to no visual degredation and get a nice chunk of avg fps back.

The fact I can play at DSR 4k High presets across the board settings wise with ssao variable with my GTX970 is good news as Im at 31-40fps #aimedtarget.

Whereas youd be close or past 60-80fps likely with room for higher settings again.. Vhigh shadows kills the GTX970 vram and when it flattens out its still a decent hit to performance..High shadows I can use 4k fine, Vhigh puts even 1080p in stutters when fast moving or new assets chew the chunks but you are likely fine, near double the power I have in some cases with ample Vram.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

I like that, with the new settings, my fury x is only 10fps behind the 1080 @ 1440p

CPU: Amd 7800X3D | GPU: AMD 7900XTX

5 hours ago, SkilledRebuilds said:

Ita easy for a 1070.

You can reduce a setting here or there and notice little to no visual degredation and get a nice chunk of avg fps back.

The fact I can play at DSR 4k High presets across the board settings wise with ssao variable with my GTX970 is good news as Im at 31-40fps #aimedtarget.

Whereas youd be close or past 60-80fps likely with room for higher settings again.. Vhigh shadows kills the GTX970 vram and when it flattens out its still a decent hit to performance..High shadows I can use 4k fine, Vhigh puts even 1080p in stutters when fast moving or new assets chew the chunks but you are likely fine, near double the power I have in some cases with ample Vram.

That's good to know I should be ok when I get a 4K tv or monitor.  Hopefully that'll be soon.  

The 1070 isn't that much better than a 970 is it?  I'm not certain just how much of an improvement it is.  

Wait wait wait...

This is the first full, polished, good atmospheric horror game, in fact an exceptionally good one by many accounts, to incorporate proper support for VR... The sort of game that we've been waiting for, to give some sort of meat to VR, to demonstrate what it can do for a full experience, not a tech demo, not an arcade game, a full AAA title...

... And Sony locked it to PSVR?

What the ******* ******* ************* **** does Sony think they're doing? Do they want to just flat out kill VR? The very first full atmospheric horror game for VR and they want to make the world look like cardboard and Lego bricks?!

... What?

... I don't usually get angry, so I apologize for my somewhat exaggerated rant, but this is a whole other level of... I don't know.

This game was a perfect opportunity to pull VR back into the spotlight, one that lots of people had been waiting for, and Sony decided to be the most malicious trolls they could possibly be.

"Do as I say, not as I do."

-Because you actually care if it makes sense.

6 hours ago, Bleedingyamato said:

That's good to know I should be ok when I get a 4K tv or monitor.  Hopefully that'll be soon.  

The 1070 isn't that much better than a 970 is it?  I'm not certain just how much of an improvement it is.  

The 1070 can be up to double of the GTX970 in some games, 60-80% faster in others...

Its not exactly double thats the 1080...

Looking at 1070 reviews that also have 970 results.. 1070 is a beast.

And if I can pull 30-40 @high 4k you can too much easier.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

Just now, SkilledRebuilds said:

The 1070 can be up to double of the GTX970.

Its not exactly but close to double.

Well the 1070 is supposed to replace the 980ti....

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

5 minutes ago, SkilledRebuilds said:

The 1070 can be up to double of the GTX970 in some games, 60-80% faster in others...

Its not exactly double thats the 1080...

It might be a beast but I'll need better if I ever jump to 4K gaming.  

4 minutes ago, Dabombinable said:

Well the 1070 is supposed to replace the 980ti....

Your point?

Just now, Bleedingyamato said:

It might be a beast but I'll need better if I ever jump to 4K gaming.  

Your point?

2x GTX 970 are approximately the same performance as a 980ti.

PMSL

5 hours ago, Dash Lambda said:

Wait wait wait...

This is the first full, polished, good atmospheric horror game, in fact an exceptionally good one by many accounts, to incorporate proper support for VR... The sort of game that we've been waiting for, to give some sort of meat to VR, to demonstrate what it can do for a full experience, not a tech demo, not an arcade game, a full AAA title...

What the ******* ******* ************* **** does Sony think they're doing? Do they want to just flat out kill VR? The very first full atmospheric horror game for VR and they want to make the world look like cardboard and Lego bricks?!

... What?

... I don't usually get angry, so I apologize for my somewhat exaggerated rant, but this is a whole other level of... I don't know.

This game was a perfect opportunity to pull VR back into the spotlight, one that lots of people had been waiting for, and Sony decided to be the most malicious trolls they could possibly be.

It's ok to get angry when stupid of this degree shows itself.  ?

But PS4 games don't look like cardboard and legos...  (Not all the time anyway.  lol)

3 minutes ago, Dabombinable said:

2x GTX 970 are approximately the same performance as a 980ti.

You mean it takes twice the performance of a 970 to equal a 980ti?

Or whatever boosted performance above a single 970 that SLI would give?

5 hours ago, Dash Lambda said:

Wait wait wait...

... What?

to be fair it's a PSVR timed exclusive for a year, and technically you can run the game in VR.. but it won't be the full VR experience 

Just now, Bleedingyamato said:

It's ok to get angry when stupid of this degree shows itself.  ?

But PS4 games don't look like cardboard and legos...  (Not all the time anyway.  lol)

You mean it takes twice the performance of a 970 to equal a 980ti?

Or whatever boosted performance above a single 970 that SLI would give?

The performance of SLI.

PMSL

8 minutes ago, Bleedingyamato said:

But PS4 games don't look like cardboard and Legos...  (Not all the time anyway.  lol)

Normal games usually look okay, but VR is much more intensive because it requires higher, more consistent performance. The PSVR has the lowest resolution of the currently available 'proper' (I say through gritted teeth) VR headsets, and it's confined to a low end PC that's attempting to run what is already a fairly demanding game overall at VR's requirements. There's no way to make it look good.

I started watching the Game Grumps playthrough of it, and the resolution is bloody awful. Then they came to a dead cow and said: "Maybe a horse? A cow? It's a little, um, not graphically superior. I'm gonna say, these cardboard cutouts of plants, not really doin' it for me. Really not convincing."

That told me everything I needed to know.

And I have to rely on his description, because the laughable resolution coupled with YouTube compression makes it look like I need really strong glasses.

24 minutes ago, Technicolors said:

To be fair, it's a PSVR timed exclusive for a year, and technically you can run the game in VR... But it won't be the full VR experience.

That's an entire year, though. Do you really think it'll mean anything when they add it a year from now? Because I don't see how it could.

"Do as I say, not as I do."

-Because you actually care if it makes sense.

41 minutes ago, Dash Lambda said:

Normal games usually look okay, but VR is much more intensive because it requires higher, more consistent performance. The PSVR has the lowest resolution of the currently available 'proper' (I say through gritted teeth) VR headsets, and it's confined to a low end PC that's attempting to run what is already a fairly demanding game overall at VR's requirements. There's no way to make it look good.

I started watching the Game Grumps playthrough of it, and the resolution is bloody awful. Then they came to a dead cow and said: "Maybe a horse? A cow? It's a little, um, not graphically superior. I'm gonna say, these cardboard cutouts of plants, not really doin' it for me. Really not convincing."

That told me everything I needed to know.

And I have to rely on his description, because the laughable resolution coupled with YouTube compression makes it look like I need really strong glasses.

That's an entire year, though. Do you really think it'll mean anything when they add it a year from now? Because I don't see how it could.

Oh yeah sorry.  I was referring to normal games.  I had no idea how bad PSVR really is.  

Maybe they could improve PSVR if it was restricted to PS4 Pro?

That might help at least a little I'd hope.  

I have rather strong glasses (pretty sure anyway) so I guess I'd be screwed trying to use that.  ?

I hate timed exclusives btw.  I had the 2013 Tomb Raider on PS4 (looked awesome btw) but I had to get Rise of the Tomb Raider on Xbox One instead because no way was I waiting a year to play Rise.  I ended up with it on PC too because I'd gotten a free code since my main desktop (was originally a prebuilt but I've since upgraded most of it) qualified for the promotion Nvidia was doing at the time since it had a 970 in it.  

I would've preferred to just get it on PS4 in the first place.   

Wish Shadows would fade in from further away..the range is too near.

The fade in is too close in the forest and looks ugly n distracting when moving.

22 hours ago, SkilledRebuilds said:

Wish Shadows would fade in from further away..the range is too near.

The fade in is too close in the forest and looks ugly n distracting when moving.

For those of us not in a forest yet: sshhhhhhh.  lol

One more thing: does this game remind you or anyone of that canceled horror game P.T. I think it was called?

58 minutes ago, Bleedingyamato said:

For those of us not in a forest yet: sshhhhhhh.  lol

Cmon :P

(Im going with ur joking)

FYI - Other ppl - You legit "start input interaction" after cutscenes in a foliage scene.

Sorry if I ruined anyone's dreams of starting the game in an attic or basement.

I've not played many RE games since 1-2, really enjoying this though, and am looking at Outlast and such other games soon me thinks.

:)

1 hour ago, Bleedingyamato said:

One more thing: does this game remind you or anyone of that canceled horror game P.T. I think it was called?

i think RE7 is acting a bit as the spiritual successor of PT (Playable Teaser, a free demo on PS4 by Kojima and Del toro). supposed to be the reboot of silent hills, along with Junji ito.