Is an i5-3450 still able to max. out games at 1080p?

Is an i5-3450 still able to max. out games at 1080p? (with the right graphics card)

Not really - my i5 struggles to max out bad games like Rust at 1080p.

idk

2 minutes ago, Ruben360 said:

Is an i5-3450 still able to max. out games at 1080p? (with the right graphics card)

Should be very fine.

1 minute ago, Droidbot said:

wow lol. 

I asked my self a similar question for my i7 2600 and tbh its a quad core and depends on the GPU but my current setup with a i7 2600 and a gtx 1060 can smash 1440p so my guess is just go ahead and keep it its still clocked decent and is a quad core and considering the generational performance gap there no point two upgrade.

2 minutes ago, Droidbot said:

how Lol my old ass i7 still can run rust max at 1080p its probally your video card man.

4 minutes ago, Ruben360 said:

Like you said, with the right GPU it should be able to, since most games are GPU bound.

3 minutes ago, Droidbot said:

Could you specify your GPU please?

3 minutes ago, Droidbot said:

Also if u got a 4690k and it bottle necking there is a problem because it has similar preformance to a 6600k so might want to check that.

3 minutes ago, Ruben360 said:

i play all my games on max 75+fps on my i5 4460 and gtx 1070 on a 2560x1080 monitor. If you have a gtx 1060/rx 480 you should be fine

Main Rig | Personal Build | Windows 10 | R7 2700x 3.7~4.3ghz | ASUS ROG Strix B450-I | 16gb DDR4 3200mhz | GTX 1080 FE | Coolermaster Elite 130 | Corsair H60 | WD Blue SN500 500GB NVMe SSD + 1tb WD Green HDD + 1tb WD Blue HDD

Laptop | HP m6-w102dx | Windows 10 | i7-5500u 2.4~3.0ghz | 8gb DDR3L | GT 930m 2gb| 120gb Sandisk SSD

Phone | Pixel 3 | Verizon | 64gb

1 minute ago, FrozenLava said:

how Lol my old ass i7 still can run rust max at 1080p its probally your video card man.

I'm sure his GTX 1070 causes several problems gaming at 1080p xD :b 

1 minute ago, Abyss Gaming said:

Oh yhea xD so many problems maby to much FPS.

2 minutes ago, Abyss Gaming said:

I dont understand why they think they need more than a quad core for gaming and also if its a 3.0+ theres no point unless your overclocking to like 5ghz witch is just cringy.

2 minutes ago, FrozenLava said:

The FPS breaking the 1080p monitor probably :/

1 minute ago, Miguel552 said:

The FPS breaking the 1080p monitor probably :/

Oh yhea artifacting man all u see is the fps is over 9000

4 minutes ago, FrozenLava said:

3 minutes ago, SlipperyPete said:

i play all my games on max 75+fps on my i5 4460 and gtx 1070 on a 2560x1080 monitor. If you have a gtx 1060/rx 480 you should be fine

sure.. after some tweaking it works fine, but sometimes framerate drops into the 40s-50s. I guess that's what you expect from Alpha.. 

All other games are perfect though, and no setup is perfect. 

idk

I dont understand why they think they need more than a quad core for gaming and also if its a 3.0+ theres no point unless your overclocking to like 5ghz witch is just cringy.

There are games that do benefit from more than a quad core. It all depends on your needs, budget, and willing to buy. But there's some heavy CPU bound games like city skylines, GTA V, that benefit from an i7 over an i5.

There are games that do benefit from more than a quad core. It all depends on your needs, budget, and willing to buy. But there's some heavy CPU bound games like city skylines, GTA V, that benefit from an i7 over an i5.

Your right Im just saying generally unless your all the way zoomed in on city skylines....

Watchdogs 2 for example loves threads and cores. It can literally use 75% of ALL CORES even on a 6950x. 

idk

4 minutes ago, Droidbot said:

sure.. after some tweaking it works fine, but sometimes framerate drops into the 40s-50s. I guess that's what you expect from Alpha.. 

All other games are perfect though, and no setup is perfect. 

Correct man alpha can be just Messed up lol rember ark.

So we all agree that while he will see some dipping on FPS, overall he shall be fine adding a good 1060 6GB, 480 8GB or 1070 to his PC for good gaming?

Edit: or just slap a couple of Titan XP in Sli xD

23 minutes ago, Droidbot said:

My brother has an i3 and a GTX 750Ti- he maxes out Rust just fine, there's something wrong with your I5

My Main Build: NZXT S340 - NZXT Kraken X31 - Crucial MX100 256GB - i5 4460 - Gigabyte Z97P D3 - Kingston HyperX Red 8GB - MSI Nvidia GTX 780 3GB - Corsair LL & HD RGB Fans, Corsair Lighting Node Pro. 

It should be fine. I5's are quad cores and that generation isnt that old. I have a friend that runs and i5 540and he is fine at 1080p.

There will always be spme games u cant max out on i5. But most of the time it will be fine. 

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE

45 minutes ago, Ruben360 said:

I max a lot of games out with 12 GB ram and an MSI R9 390.