IN WIN 303 vs NZXT S340 ELITE

Hip

Hey guys,

I would like to know your opinions on those cases.

Due to their very similar specifications I would like to know which case would you prefer.

Maybe there is even someone who wants to share his personal experience with those cases.

:-)

S340 is great!

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

I can't speak for the 340 elite, although it does look a very nice case. I went with the 303 in white due to me moving from a white/red build, it made sense. Very easy to  work with, although cable management takes some prior thought, especially if adding a radiator in the bottom (which is totally doable - look at my "Temporal Snow" build log in signature) The case looks great, however it appears quite dark due to the tinted tempered panel so I would recommend a RGB lighting strip to brighten things up. Im using a loop consisting of 1080GTX @ 2050 mhz (standard temp vs boost). 4790k @ 4.4Ghz, and also the motherboard VRM's, temps all sit around 50 - 55C under full load, but I cant speak for air cooling

Ryzen Ram Guide

My Project Logs   Iced Blood    Temporal Snow    Temporal Snow Ryzen Refresh

CPU - Ryzen 1700 @ 4Ghz  Motherboard - Gigabyte AX370 Aorus Gaming 5   Ram - 16Gb GSkill Trident Z RGB 3200  GPU - Palit 1080GTX Gamerock Premium  Storage - Samsung XP941 256GB, Crucial MX300 525GB, Seagate Barracuda 1TB   PSU - Fractal Design Newton R3 1000W  Case - INWIN 303 White Display - Asus PG278Q Gsync 144hz 1440P

i considered the in win 303 for my server because i could get it stupidly cheap because of a dented case on a store's outlet.

i ended up keeping to my cramped little prebuilt case because i deemed it more practical than the 303, i think that should draw a point about how impractical cabling is in that thing.

the NZXT on the other hand, isnt as "showcase-y", but is a LOT more pracitcal.

9 minutes ago, manikyath said:

i considered the in win 303 for my server because i could get it stupidly cheap because of a dented case on a store's outlet.

i ended up keeping to my cramped little prebuilt case because i deemed it more practical than the 303, i think that should draw a point about how impractical cabling is in that thing.

I would argue against cable management, cables in my build are practically non visible 

Ryzen Ram Guide

CPU - Ryzen 1700 @ 4Ghz  Motherboard - Gigabyte AX370 Aorus Gaming 5   Ram - 16Gb GSkill Trident Z RGB 3200  GPU - Palit 1080GTX Gamerock Premium  Storage - Samsung XP941 256GB, Crucial MX300 525GB, Seagate Barracuda 1TB   PSU - Fractal Design Newton R3 1000W  Case - INWIN 303 White Display - Asus PG278Q Gsync 144hz 1440P

1 minute ago, stealth80 said:

I would argue against cable management, cables in my build are practically non visible 

but how much time did you spend on cabling?

8 minutes ago, manikyath said:

but how much time did you spend on cabling?

no more than my previous cases, actually I would say less - but this would be down to me becoming more experienced with management rather than the case being so much better. It's definately achievable in this case, but if not going water cooling you would need to fit some fans in the bottom to hide the header/usb/audio cables from the lower side of the motherboard

Ryzen Ram Guide

1 minute ago, stealth80 said:

no more than my previous cases, actually I would say less - but this would be down to me becoming more experienced with management rather than the case being so much better. It's definately achievable in this case, but if not going water cooling you would need to fit some fans in the bottom to hide the header/usb/audio cables from the lower side of the motherboard

i can toss cables into an R5 in an acceptable manner taking about 30 minutes to build a system. i'm sure the 303 is pretty acceptable, but it doesnt cut the mustard for a perfectionist like me. my front audio cables have custom shielding on them and are routed around away from all other cabling, to draw a picture :D

8 hours ago, manikyath said:

i can toss cables into an R5 in an acceptable manner taking about 30 minutes to build a system. i'm sure the 303 is pretty acceptable, but it doesnt cut the mustard for a perfectionist like me. my front audio cables have custom shielding on them and are routed around away from all other cabling, to draw a picture :D

rriLl7q.jpgXOGBbtT.jpg

Ryzen Ram Guide

8 hours ago, manikyath said:

I was exactly thinking about cables in this case because the PSU is on the top. here.
This would be the first time I would build a top PSU pc.

8 hours ago, stealth80 said:

no more than my previous cases

I have two questions about this.

a) Can the light on the front where the buttons are be changed? Like into green?

b) Is it easy to install all hardware on a top PSU case? I never did it before.

And will my normal ATX mainboard fit in there? (MSI Z87-G43).

27 minutes ago, Hip said:

I have two questions about this.

a) Can the light on the front where the buttons are be changed? Like into green?

b) Is it easy to install all hardware on a top PSU case? I never did it before.

And will my normal ATX mainboard fit in there? (MSI Z87-G43).

I have a full ATX board in that build, I'm gonna edit my previous post in a min as I couldn't see what pictures I was posting (work blocks imgur) heres a better picture of the build:

linjuCt.jpg?1

As with any build I would suggest PSU cable extenders, (preferably modded ones/sleeved) as this gives greater freedom when managing your cables. Having the PSU above the board should really make no difference to hardware as it is still built to ATX spec, meaning, everything designed for ATX will fit. I had no issues, I found it a doddle to work with, however, as I said earlier, I can not speak for the 340 Elite, which looks a great case also

As for the light, I have seen people mod it over at overclock.net, theres an INWIN 303 owners club there:

http://www.overclock.net/t/1602357/in-win-303-owners-club

Ryzen Ram Guide

20 minutes ago, stealth80 said:

I have a full ATX board in that build, I'm gonna edit my previous post in a min as I couldn't see what pictures I was posting (work blocks imgur) heres a better picture of the build:

linjuCt.jpg?1

As with any build I would suggest PSU cable extenders, (preferably modded ones/sleeved) as this gives greater freedom when managing your cables. Having the PSU above the board should really make no difference to hardware as it is still built to ATX spec, meaning, everything designed for ATX will fit. I had no issues, I found it a doddle to work with, however, as I said earlier, I can not speak for the 340 Elite, which looks a great case also

As for the light, I have seen people mod it over at overclock.net, theres an INWIN 303 owners club there:

http://www.overclock.net/t/1602357/in-win-303-owners-club

Wow thanks for your answer.

I will have to decide. They both look very similar and the price is the same hmm.

23 hours ago, stealth80 said:

linjuCt.jpg?1

You have this small display on the bottom. Is this a touchscreen? Can you steer the fans through the closed sidepanel with this device?

15 minutes ago, Hip said:

You have this small display on the bottom. Is this a touchscreen? Can you steer the fans through the closed sidepanel with this device?

Its not touchscreen, I bought it from ebay quite cheap and added a white surround to it, its purely for temp monitoring through AIDA 64

8g52LKI.jpg

Ryzen Ram Guide

55 minutes ago, Hip said:

Ah ok. I never saw something like this in a case before.

I had a Logitech G15 keyboard which I used to monitor GPU/CPU temps/usage, and I knew I was headed for a replacement, so when I did that project I made sure I could keep the functionality for when I got the mech/rgb board

Ryzen Ram Guide

That's pretty cool.
I saw some years ago a keyboard with a touchpad which also had those functions to display every single temperature if needed.

19 minutes ago, Hip said:

That's pretty cool.
I saw some years ago a keyboard with a touchpad which also had those functions to display every single temperature if needed.

Theres a highend razor that does that at the moment:

http://www.razerzone.com/de-de/store/razer-deathstalker-ultimate

More than double the price my K65 RGB Lux, the LCD display was like 40 euros and is much better quality lol. I also wanted a smaller board for mouse space, that thing is huge 

Ryzen Ram Guide

Yeah that's the keyboard. At least it looks like it. But the one I saw had a Star Wars design :D

It's more expensive than my graphics card lol