How does a smart plug turn on/off a PC?

Xtreme Gamer

I thought about getting a smart plug for my PC, TV, Server and shield tv 1st gen. But I was wondering how it turns off the devices. Does it just abruptly cut off power to them? Does it send a message to them to safely turn off? How does it do it? Thanks for the help!!

I7-6700k, Asus Maximus VIII Formula, 2 x 8GB Corsair Dominator Plantinum ram, ASUS GTX 960 STRIX, sound blaster zx, 1TB boot drive ssd, 128GB/256GB storage ssd, 1TB storage HDD, 4TB of storage (backup),Windows 10 Pro,1000w psu

it pulls the plug.

Id get a system with something like ipmi, or use shutdown in the os and wake on lan for computers and servers.

Also id just sleep them.

1 minute ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

it pulls the plug.

Id get a system with something like ipmi, or use shutdown in the os and wake on lan for computers and servers.

Also id just sleep them.

That's too expensive right now for me, being just after christmas and stuff. I ask because I figured that's how people used their google ome and amazon echo to turn on and off their computers. Or did I figure wrong? Let me know if I did.

I7-6700k, Asus Maximus VIII Formula, 2 x 8GB Corsair Dominator Plantinum ram, ASUS GTX 960 STRIX, sound blaster zx, 1TB boot drive ssd, 128GB/256GB storage ssd, 1TB storage HDD, 4TB of storage (backup),Windows 10 Pro,1000w psu

1 minute ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

it pulls the plug.

Also id just sleep them.

i always put my pc's to sleep.

1 minute ago, Xtreme Gamer said:

That's too expensive right now for me, being just after christmas and stuff. I ask because I figured that's how people used their google ome and amazon echo to turn on and off their computers. Or did I figure wrong? Let me know if I did.

You can use the shutdown in the os and wake on lan. Built in.