Fast as possible episode suggestion: TPM. What is it?

Linus @LinusTech, or Luke @Slick, or Jon

I think TPM would be a great subject for an "As Fast As Possible" episode or two. There seems to be a lot of confusion as to what TPM is and what TPM headers on motherboards are for. Questions I might seek to answer would include: What is TPM and what is it for? What do I need to support it? How does a TPM module interact with the BIOS, OS, encrypted file systems, EFS SSDs or hard drives, WGA (windows genuine advantage or whatever the activation method is called) etc? What problems can they cause? What concerns are there about TPM? (yes, I saw it mentioned in a WAN show document). What will your login experience be if you use it in Windows? Are there problems with TPM?

I have researched it and have a general understanding but some of the specifics are not laid out and it's a little murky on the web. 

Just my $0.02

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0120915/

What is TPM? A terrible movie /s

On topic: Not a bad idea, but keep in mind that by their very nature, a FAP video won't be very detailed. You might not learn anything more then what you've already learned by doing your own research.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

1 minute ago, dalekphalm said:

Not a bad idea, but keep in mind that by their very nature, a FAP video won't be very detailed. You might not learn anything more then what you've already learned by doing your own research.

Very true. Perhaps a video demonstrating it on one of LMGs new Razer Laptops or an ASUS laptop? I forgot to mention: How does it interact with a Skylake or Kaby Lake processor? How does the built in Encryption/Decryption on skylake/kaby lake interact with it? Does it interact with it at all? What are the alternatives?

No FAP videos for Linus at the moment. He's still recovering. ;) Luke will have to do it. :D  Sorry for the double entendre. It was low hanging fruit or.. like shooting fish in a barrel. 

In all seriousness, I hope Linus is feeling better and will return to Fast As possible videos soon. 

Post this to official and monitored suggestion thread

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv