Phone brands with close to stock android and good specs

Dackzy

I am looking for a phone with good specs and fairly close to stock android, no Samsung (I personally hate touchwiz), I know there is a thing called launcher, but that doesn't change the settings menu.

The specs I want:

• 4GB of ram or more
  • good camera

Budget? Well, we are not in S7 price range, simply because I don't think a phone is worth that much. More think a long the lines of the huawei P9 price range.

Import is a no go, since I would have to pay a lot in import tax and VAT

Before you buy amp and dac.  My thoughts on the M50x  Ultimate Ears Reference monitor review I might have a thing for audio...

My main Headphones and IEMs:  K612 pro, HD 25 and Ultimate Ears Reference Monitor, HD 580 with HD 600 grills

DAC and AMP: RME ADI 2 DAC

Speakers: Genelec 8040, System Audio SA205

Receiver: Denon AVR-1612

Desktop: R7 1700, GTX 1080  RX 580 8GB and other stuff

Laptop: ThinkPad P50: i7 6820HQ, M2000M. ThinkPad T420s: i7 2640M, NVS 4200M

Feel free to pm me if you have a question for me or quote me. If you want to hear what I have to say about something just tag me.

Xiaomi Mi Mix (if you are in asia, or you have to import). One Plus 3T. Huawei Honor 8. Asus Zenphone 3.

OnePlus 3/3T. Oxygen OS is basically stock android 7 with some minor tweaks. Great build quality, great camera, 6GB of RAM and a Snapdragon 802 chip for $400 (for the 3) or $430 (for the 3T)

WHIPLASH

CPU: Intel Core i7 6700k @4.7GHz

RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4 2x8GB @3000MHz

MOBO: Asus ROG Maximus VIII Ranger

GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW2

PSU: EVGA Supernova 650GS

CASE: Fractal Design Define S

1 minute ago, JaRy8 said:

OnePlus 3T?

I don't know if they calculate VAT into their pricing and if they don't then RIP and I have bad luck with phones, so sending it to another country for RMA is almost 100% going to happen and I would rather just go down to a store and let them handle that.

Before you buy amp and dac.  My thoughts on the M50x  Ultimate Ears Reference monitor review I might have a thing for audio...

My main Headphones and IEMs:  K612 pro, HD 25 and Ultimate Ears Reference Monitor, HD 580 with HD 600 grills

Feel free to pm me if you have a question for me or quote me. If you want to hear what I have to say about something just tag me.

2 minutes ago, Dackzy said:

I don't know if they calculate VAT into their pricing and if they don't then RIP and I have bad luck with phones, so sending it to another country for RMA is almost 100% going to happen and I would rather just go down to a store and let them handle that.

You can get the it at Amazon Denmark

https://www.amazon.de/OnePlus-Qualcomm-Snapdragon-International-Unlocked/dp/B01MRSLH8F/ref=sr_1_4?s=telephone&ie=UTF8&qid=1484850152&sr=1-4&keywords=OnePlus+3T

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe" ~ Albert Einstein

2 minutes ago, deXxterlab97 said:

DE stands for deautchland which is Germany lol

well the send to Denmark ;) 

I do find that the 3T has a rather meh camera.

well the send to Denmark ;) 

I do find that the 3T has a rather meh camera.

How about older Galaxy S?

5 minutes ago, deXxterlab97 said:

DE stands for deautchland which is Germany lol

My bad, sorry

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe" ~ Albert Einstein

12 minutes ago, deXxterlab97 said:

How about older Galaxy S?

Touchwiz is still in the settings and drop down menu, so no thanks....

I have heard that huawei is pretty much stock when you put a stock android launcher on it, is this true?

Motorolas are good.

Project Diesel 5.0: Motherboard: ASRock Fatal1ty X370 Professional Gaming /// CPU: Ryzen 5 3600X  /// CPU Cooler: Scythe Ninja 5 /// GPU: Zotac AMP Extreme RTX 2070 /// RAM: 2x 16gb G.Skill Ripjaws V @3200mhz /// Chassis: Lian Li Lancool One Digital (black) /// PSU: Super Flower Leadex III 750w /// Storage: Inland Premium 1TB NVME + Toshiba X300 4TB

Peripherals: Mice: Cooler Master MM720 /// Keyboard: Corsair K70 MK2 SE (Cherry Silver), Blitzwolf BW-KB1 (Gateron Reds) /// Monitor: Acer XZ320Q 32' (VA, 1080p @240hz) /// AMP: Topping PA3 (Onkyo Integra A-817XD undergoing restoration) /// DAC: Weiliang SU5 /// Speakers: AAT BSF-100 /// Mike: Alctron CS35U /// Headphones: Blon B8, ISK MDH-9000

Living room: TV: Samsung QLED Q7FN 55' 4k /// Amplifier: Denon AVR-X2400H /// Speakers: DALI Zensor 7 /// Consoles: Sony PS4 Pro 1TB, Sony PS3 500gb /// LD/CD/DVD: Pioneer DVL-909 /// Power Supplies: Upsai ACF-2100T + GR Savage CDR2200EX

24 minutes ago, Chevy_Monsenhor said:

Motorolas are good.

I can only find the Motorola Moto Z, but that phone is sadly 200-250$ above my budget, the rest of them are using low end CPUs..

I can only find the Motorola Moto Z, but that phone is sadly 200-250$ above my budget, the rest of them are using low end CPUs..

Ah yes, the Z is an expensive device.

I have the Moto X Play, but indeed, this one has a weak CPU, for me its good, but for power users it just isn't enough.

Project Diesel 5.0: Motherboard: ASRock Fatal1ty X370 Professional Gaming /// CPU: Ryzen 5 3600X  /// CPU Cooler: Scythe Ninja 5 /// GPU: Zotac AMP Extreme RTX 2070 /// RAM: 2x 16gb G.Skill Ripjaws V @3200mhz /// Chassis: Lian Li Lancool One Digital (black) /// PSU: Super Flower Leadex III 750w /// Storage: Inland Premium 1TB NVME + Toshiba X300 4TB

Peripherals: Mice: Cooler Master MM720 /// Keyboard: Corsair K70 MK2 SE (Cherry Silver), Blitzwolf BW-KB1 (Gateron Reds) /// Monitor: Acer XZ320Q 32' (VA, 1080p @240hz) /// AMP: Topping PA3 (Onkyo Integra A-817XD undergoing restoration) /// DAC: Weiliang SU5 /// Speakers: AAT BSF-100 /// Mike: Alctron CS35U /// Headphones: Blon B8, ISK MDH-9000

Living room: TV: Samsung QLED Q7FN 55' 4k /// Amplifier: Denon AVR-X2400H /// Speakers: DALI Zensor 7 /// Consoles: Sony PS4 Pro 1TB, Sony PS3 500gb /// LD/CD/DVD: Pioneer DVL-909 /// Power Supplies: Upsai ACF-2100T + GR Savage CDR2200EX

2 minutes ago, Chevy_Monsenhor said:

Ah yes, the Z is an expensive device.

I have the Moto X Play, but indeed, this one has a weak CPU, for me its good, but for power users it just isn't enough.

The thing is I am a mix, sometimes I am a power user and sometimes I am not, mostly not, but I want my phone to be super snappy and not freeze up or lag when I have multible things open.

14 hours ago, FTL said:

(if you are in asia, or you have to import)

China*

I've been searching for the past month in Thailand and now here in Vietnam, not a single trace of where to get one.

"Rawr XD"

14 hours ago, Dackzy said:

Touchwiz is still in the settings and drop down menu, so no thanks....

I have heard that huawei is pretty much stock when you put a stock android launcher on it, is this true?

No, it's a heavily skinned OS (Emotion UI) that a lot of people actually find to be one of the least aesthetically pleasing skins out there. Personally I don't mind it that much, but the settings menu is really confusing, at least on the GR5 (Honor 5X).

"Rawr XD"

OnePlus 3T or ZTE Axon 7 if you can afford them. If not, the BLU Life One X2 (4GB RAM version) is a really good phone for the price and is basically the same as the Nokia 6, but I don't know if it is available in Denmark.

"Rawr XD"

2 minutes ago, Aniallation said:

No, it's a heavily skinned OS (Emotion UI) that a lot of people actually find to be one of the least aesthetically pleasing skins out there. Personally I don't mind it that much, but the settings menu is really confusing, at least on the GR5 (Honor 5X).

hmmm good to know.

I just looked at gearbest and they have a EU warehouse, do you know anything about these phones: 

Vernee Mars 4G

Elephone P9000 4G

UMI Super 4G

Elephone S7

Ulefone Future 4G

3 minutes ago, Aniallation said:

OnePlus 3T or ZTE Axon 7 if you can afford them. If not the BLU Life One X2 (4GB RAM version) is a really good phone for the price and is basically the same as the Nokia 6, but I don't know if it is available in Denmark.

It isn't really about affording them, it is more about willingness to pay. The ZTE is right at the edge of what I am willing to pay for a phone

5 minutes ago, Dackzy said:

hmmm good to know.

I just looked at gearbest and they have a EU warehouse, do you know anything about these phones: 

Vernee Mars 4G

Elephone P9000 4G

UMI Super 4G

Elephone S7

Ulefone Future 4G

It isn't really about affording them, it is more about willingness to pay. The ZTE is right at the edge of what I am willing to pay for a phone

Elephone S7 looks really nice actually, but a little bit fragile. Helio X20 for the price range is also a really good deal.

I knew about the UMI Super, which is apparently a very nicely built device with good battery life. 

The rest are pretty much similar to the UMI Super in terms of specs, maybe not as good of a build, if I had to choose between one that wasn't the S7 or Super it'd pretty much be a "pick whichever's cheapest or looks the nicest physically depending on how much money's in my bank account"

The Axon 7 is an excellent phone and is definitely worth the money. I was very happy with mine. The back is really slippery though, so you'll definitely want to use a case (it comes with a decent clear TPU one) or a dbrand skin on it. Great performance and battery life, unbeatable speaker quality. 

How big is the price difference between the Elephone S7 and ZTE Axon 7?

"Rawr XD"

2 minutes ago, Aniallation said:

Elephone S7 looks really nice actually, but a little bit fragile. Helio X20 for the price range is also a really good deal.

I knew about the UMI Super, which is apparently a very nicely built device with good battery life. 

The rest are pretty much similar to the UMI Super in terms of specs, maybe not as good of a build, if I had to choose between one that wasn't the S7 or Super it'd pretty much be a "pick whichever's cheapest or looks the nicest physically depending on how much money's in my bank account"

The Axon 7 is an excellent phone and is definitely worth the money. I was very happy with mine. The back is really slippery though, so you'll definitely want to use a case (it comes with a decent clear TPU one) or a dbrand skin on it. Great performance and battery life, unbeatable speaker quality. 

How big is the price difference between the Elephone S7 and ZTE Axon 7?

There is about 280$ in price difference...

I just looked up benchmarks for all of the china phones and they don't score that well at all. They score like 50-60k in antutu, while the Axon 7 scores 140k xD 

11 minutes ago, Dackzy said:

There is about 280$ in price difference...

I just looked up benchmarks for all of the china phones and they don't score that well at all. They score like 50-60k in antutu, while the Axon 7 scores 140k xD 

The Axon 7 has very good performance scores due to the powerful Snapdragon 820 processor. It's a quad-core but the Kryo cores are very powerful compared to the A53 cores in the Helio P10 of the Chinese phones (aside from the S7). It's basically like Intel vs AMD, but for phones.

Either will be perfectly fine for daily light usage (like browsing, Facebook, etc.) and you won't notice that big of a difference in performance between the two, but in activities like gaming the 820 will mop the floor with the P10 thanks to both a more powerful CPU and GPU as well. Also, most apps for Android are still single-threaded and can only use 2-4 cores per one app.

However, A53 cores are much more efficient than Kryo cores, so you will get better battery life with the P10 than the 820, given the same battery size (though those Chinese ones in particular actually have larger batteries than the Axon 7, so expect even more battery life).

The Elephone S7 with it's Helio X20 on the other hand, is a very good middle ground. It combines the efficiency benefit of having eight A53 cores like the P10 does, but also adds on top two high performance A72 cores to make up for the P10's aforementioned lack of single-threaded performance, and provides a big performance increase on the GPU side as well. Even though benchmarks are a bit behind, in real-world usage the X20 comes very close to being as good of an experience as with the 820.

How much is the S7 and how much is the Axon 7? If the price difference is a decent amount and the Axon 7 is on the expensive side of what you want to pay for a phone, go for the Elephone S7.

"Rawr XD"