Maximus IX Hero vs Maximus IX Code vs Maximus IX Formula

Go to solution Solved by done12many2,

I have the Formula and can tell you it's fantastic.  The Code is essentially the same thing minus a few features to include the EK VRM waterblock.

If you are doing a custom loop, get the Formula and if not get the Code.  If money is a concern then the Hero is obvious.  It's pretty simple really.

On 3/23/2017 at 6:57 AM, somethingbrite said:

Hi nizmoz44

Are you watercooling your IX Formula? If so, do you know if the cooling ports on an EKWB Supremacy/Evo would line up nicely with the cooling ports on the included VRM block? (I am looking for nice vertical lines in a rigid tube build and going from CPU block directly up (vertical) would be ideal. 

(I like the look of the armor, however I also like the idea of the Hero if fitted with the EKWB monoblock - simplicity of the tubing lines would be nice but there is no armour cover for the Hero:-/

I had to send the formula back and now I have the CODE one.  I am only using at this time the h115 cooler.

I use a IX Hero in my secondary computer and love it.  While there is a lot to be said for the Code and Formula features, it all comes down to if you really need them or not.  If you don't need them then save the money.  

Tell my tale to those who ask. Tell it truly; the ill deeds along with the good, and let me be judged accordingly.

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/2/2017 at 6:48 AM, done12many2 said:

Yeah, probably a poor choice of wording.  Sorry about that.

Unfortunately, the EK (no g :D) waterblock is only for use with custom water loops.  If you get an all-in-one cooler like the Kraken or Corsair coolers, you'll have to use their attached waterblock as it houses the block and the pump.

Just asking, is the Corsair H100i V2 compatible with the ASUS Maximus IX Formula? Cause I personally like the MAXIMUS IX FORMULA more because of the cool fancy lighting and the "sounds cool" cooling system, but meanwhile I'm a big an of Corsair Water Coolers. So pls tell me that if the H100i V2 can be used on the intel i7-7700K on the MAXIMUS IX, and if the H100i V2 can work with the MAXMUS IX V2 cooling system.

Thx!9_9:)

• 2 months later...
On 5/20/2017 at 2:49 PM, J3sus said:

Just asking, is the Corsair H100i V2 compatible with the ASUS Maximus IX Formula? Cause I personally like the MAXIMUS IX FORMULA more because of the cool fancy lighting and the "sounds cool" cooling system, but meanwhile I'm a big an of Corsair Water Coolers. So pls tell me that if the H100i V2 can be used on the intel i7-7700K on the MAXIMUS IX, and if the H100i V2 can work with the MAXMUS IX V2 cooling system.

Thx!9_9:)

This is likely answered, but in case it isn't, yes, the H100i V2 is very compatible.  I have the Maximus IX Code and an RX460 Corsair case with the H100i V2 and everything comes together quite nicely.  In my case setup, memory can be a bit tight so make sure you get something that doesn't have massively ridiculous heatsinks on the memory.