10 monitors to 1 pc

Thomas_baas

Today I was thinking about a project I want to undertake but I need to connect 10 monitors to 1 pc would that even be possible?

You would need like 3-4 GPUs but technically it's possible. 

******If you paste in text into your post, please click the "remove formatting" button for night theme users.******

CPU- Intel 6700k OC to 4.69 Ghz GPU- NVidia Geforce GTX 970 (MSI) RAM- 16gb DDR4 2400 SSD-2x500gb samsung 850 EVO(SATA) Raid 0 HDD- 2tb Seagate Case- H440 Red w/ custom lighting Motherboard - MSI Z170 Gaming A OS- Windows 10 Mouse- Razer Naga Epic Chroma, Final Mouse 2016 turney proKeyboard- Corsair k70 Cherry MX brown

Only if you had a computer that could hold enough GPUs to give you outputs for them all. But what in the world would you need 10 monitors for?

Main System: Phobos

AMD Ryzen 7 2700 (8C/16T), ASRock B450 Steel Legend, 16GB G.SKILL Aegis DDR4 3000MHz, AMD Radeon RX 570 4GB (XFX), 960GB Crucial M500, 2TB Seagate BarraCuda, Windows 10 Pro for Workstations/macOS Catalina

Secondary System: York

Intel Core i7-2600 (4C/8T), ASUS P8Z68-V/GEN3, 16GB GEIL Enhance Corsa DDR3 1600MHz, Zotac GeForce GTX 550 Ti 1GB, 240GB ADATA Ultimate SU650, Windows 10 Pro for Workstations

Older File Server: Yet to be named

Intel Pentium 4 HT (1C/2T), Intel D865GBF, 3GB DDR 400MHz, ATI Radeon HD 4650 1GB (HIS), 80GB WD Caviar, 320GB Hitachi Deskstar, Windows XP Pro SP3, Windows Server 2003 R2

i think a single displayport can support up to three monitors

so start with that

Photography / Finance / Gaming

it also depends on the screens if you wanted to have 10 4k screens you would need a few gpus to handle it aslong as your not gaming on them however if you were to use fll hd screens you could use 1 gpu but split the signal from a hdmi or display port

3 minutes ago, bgibbz said:

You would need like 3-4 GPUs but technically it's possible. 

Well, you can use 2 and use igpu multi monitor for cheapest cost

As others have said, you'll need 2 GPU's minimum. Depending on the resolutions. But yes, you can do it.

Lenovo Ideapad 720s 14 inch ------ One day I'll have a desktop again...