Will a Asus Z170-P do ?

Heyo guys.

Im writing because i'm about to put build together very soon. I am currently planning what parts to get etc. these are the main parts that i've decided on so far:

CPU: i5-6600k

RAM: HyperX Furry DDR4 2133Mhz 8gb

GPU: MSI GTX 970 (reusing from older build)

PSU; EVGA SuperNova G2 650W

MB:Asus Z170-P

I am pretty confident that it will work out pretty nicely, however i'd like to be sure that the mobo can stand up to the rest of the parts, and that there isn't anything im missing, since its one of the cheaper if not the cheapest mobo of the z170 line from asus.

what are your thoughts ? :D

Not the prettiest mobo imo but it'll certainly get the job done, and Asus makes pretty high quality motherboards.

Are you forgetting a CPU cooler and storage?

PSU might be a bit overkill but not a bad idea to futureproof.

Otherwise everything should be compatible.

Considered getting Kaby (I7 7700/I5 7600K)? If it's only 10-20 USD more expensive no reason not to.

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide

5 minutes ago, cdsboy2000 said:

Not the prettiest mobo imo but it'll certainly get the job done, and Asus makes pretty high quality motherboards.

Are you forgetting a CPU cooler and storage?

PSU might be a bit overkill but not a bad idea to futureproof.

Otherwise everything should be compatible.

Oki , great to hear the motherboard is alright :) 

No Cooler and storage is sorted, just felt like it wasn't very important for the post since my main concern was if the motherboard would do, however i am going for the good old Hyper 212 evo, and then just a 1 tb blue WD for a start 

8 minutes ago, Castdeath97 said:

Considered getting Kaby (I7 7700/I5 7600K)? If it's only 10-20 USD more expensive no reason not to.

Hmm no i havnt. here in denmark the 7700 is almost 50% more, however the 7600 k only 10% more expensive.

The build is mainly gonna be used for gaming , so i wouldnt think it would be a major improvement on that front, but i could be wrong?

1 minute ago, Effenbach said:

Hmm no i havnt. here in denmark the 7700 is almost 50% more, however the 7600 k only 10% more expensive.

The build is mainly gonna be used for gaming , so i wouldnt think it would be a major improvement on that front, but i could be wrong?

Clocks are a bit better. 10% more expensive is about how many dollars?

Pascal laptops guide

1 minute ago, Castdeath97 said:

Clocks are a bit better. 10% more expensive is about how many dollars?

well the 6600k is 286 dollars and the 7600k is 322

1 minute ago, Effenbach said:

well the 6600k is 286 dollars and the 7600k is 322

I'd say the the newer CPU isn't worth it unless you need the new Kaby lake features (e.g. 4K netflix on PC). Since you may or may not get a better overclock for extra 36 USD. 

Pascal laptops guide

21 minutes ago, Castdeath97 said:

theres 10-20 reasons not to :P

Photography / Finance / Gaming

24 minutes ago, Effenbach said:

Heyo guys.

Im writing because i'm about to put build together very soon. I am currently planning what parts to get etc. these are the main parts that i've decided on so far:

I am pretty confident that it will work out pretty nicely, however i'd like to be sure that the mobo can stand up to the rest of the parts, and that there isn't anything im missing, since its one of the cheaper if not the cheapest mobo of the z170 line from asus.

looks good

1 minute ago, mok said:

theres 10-20 reasons not to :P

Outside of price can't think of many.

Pascal laptops guide

6 minutes ago, Castdeath97 said:

Outside of price can't think of many.

add another 20-30 USD for a z270 mobo

edit: nvm thats CAD

Edited by mok

29 minutes ago, Effenbach said:

Heyo guys.

you should put your parts on pcpartpicker.com

CASE: deepcool dukase v2 MOTHERBOARD: Gigabyte gaming 3 CPU: intel core i5 6500 GPU: Gigabyte gtx 1070 g1 gaming CPU COOLER: enermax liqmax II 120s SSD: Kingston ssdnow uv400 240gb RAM: crucial ballistic sport (1 x 8) PSU: Cooler Master GX 650W

4 minutes ago, mok said:

add another 20-30 USD for a z270 mobo

edit: nvm thats CAD

I thought Z170 used the same socket? 

Pascal laptops guide