Best power bank w/outlet

MLGMelon
Go to solution Solved by W-L,
17 minutes ago, MLGMelon said:

Ok, thanks. Any recommendations? kind of needs to be portable as in fits in my bag if possible, and i don't care HOW the power comes out, as long as a can somehow attach a UK plug safely to it. Even if that means an adaptor, though i would prefer a native plug.

There are quite a lot out there an example is this it doesn't use the laptop's charger as it's direct D.C. To D.C. You need to make sure it's the same voltage output as your charger provides and has the same or higher ampaerage to provide enough power

https://www.amazon.com/RAVPower-23000mAh-Portable-External-Smartphones/dp/B00HFMUBYG

Hello all of LTT Forums!

I'm looking for a good powerbank that has an AC Outlet (I'm in the UK btw)

Doesn't have to be a massive capacity, but the only ones i've seen are £100-200 when you can get one for cars that's like £50. I just want a regular looking portable powerbank with a UK AC outlet, none of that adaptor crap (the US to UK adaptors like to blow up) needs to be able to output for a device charger that's input is 110-240v @ 2.something amps. at a reasonable price.

Hope someone can help, and if this is in the wrong section (the only "looking for" group is in video games) then please move it mods :D

Norman

15 minutes ago, MLGMelon said:

Hello all of LTT Forums!

I'm looking for a good powerbank that has an AC Outlet (I'm in the UK btw)

Doesn't have to be a massive capacity, but the only ones i've seen are £100-200 when you can get one for cars that's like £50. I just want a regular looking portable powerbank with a UK AC outlet, none of that adaptor crap (the US to UK adaptors like to blow up) needs to be able to output for a device charger that's input is 110-240v @ 2.something amps. at a reasonable price.

Hope someone can help, and if this is in the wrong section (the only "looking for" group is in video games) then please move it mods :D

Norman

What do you need to charge? Do you really need a battery? I bought an adapter so I can have an AC outlet in my car (from the cigarette lighter port).

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

1 minute ago, kelvinhall05 said:

What do you need to charge? Do you really need a battery? I bought an adapter so I can have an AC outlet in my car (from the cigarette lighter port).

There will be no cars :P or proper outlets. The main use would be for my laptop, but i also have a speaker that takes 6 D size batteries (and no matter what batteries you try, they audio clips to hell because of voltage spikes)

15 minutes ago, MLGMelon said:

-SNIP-

You ideally would be better off getting a battery pack that is capable of variable D.C. voltage output instead as the conversation from DC to AC and back to DC has a lot of losses which will significantly reduce the run time. 

1 minute ago, W-L said:

You ideally would be better off getting a battery pack that is capable of variable D.C. voltage output instead as the conversation from DC to AC and back to DC has a lot of losses which will significantly reduce the run time. 

Ok, thanks. Any recommendations? kind of needs to be portable as in fits in my bag if possible, and i don't care HOW the power comes out, as long as a can somehow attach a UK plug safely to it. Even if that means an adaptor, though i would prefer a native plug.

17 minutes ago, MLGMelon said:

There are quite a lot out there an example is this it doesn't use the laptop's charger as it's direct D.C. To D.C. You need to make sure it's the same voltage output as your charger provides and has the same or higher ampaerage to provide enough power

https://www.amazon.com/RAVPower-23000mAh-Portable-External-Smartphones/dp/B00HFMUBYG

6 minutes ago, W-L said:

Yeah i saw that one. Have a MBP w/ Magsafe 2 hence i was looking for one with a plug really, thanks though i'll keep looking. Other use is for my speaker which has it's own proprietary adaptor

4 minutes ago, MLGMelon said:

Yeah i saw that one. Have a MBP w/ Magsafe 2 hence i was looking for one with a plug really, thanks though i'll keep looking. Other use is for my speaker which has it's own proprietary adaptor

Oh ok that changes things then, not sure if I have see. D.C. Adapter to MagSafe connectors I must say. In that case you may only have the option or either using the AC power or modding a custom MagSafe connector. 

You can use a regular 120V AC power bank if you need as the MacBook chargers should all be auto switching power supplies. 

2 minutes ago, W-L said:

Oh ok that changes things then, not sure if I have see. D.C. Adapter to MagSafe connectors I must say. In that case you may only have the option or either using the AC power or modding a custom MagSafe connector. 

You can use a regular 120V AC power bank if you need as the MacBook chargers should all be auto switching power supplies. 

Yeah i thought as much. Other problem would be my speaker which has its own power supply like a laptop and it's the only one i have so i don't want to mod that

4 hours ago, MLGMelon said:

Yeah i thought as much. Other problem would be my speaker which has its own power supply like a laptop and it's the only one i have so i don't want to mod that

Depending on the speakers they could run at 5V off USB or a D.C. Jack if needed. 

3 hours ago, W-L said:

Depending on the speakers they could run at 5V off USB or a D.C. Jack if needed. 

It's this: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Beats-Dr-Dre-Portable-Wireless-Black/dp/B00CUGOHWY/ref=dp_ob_image_ce - has a proprietary connector, no charging port via USB. Uses an AC Plug (though it does use batteries, they suck compared to AC) - i put the input voltages in my first post! 

56 minutes ago, MLGMelon said:

It's this: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Beats-Dr-Dre-Portable-Wireless-Black/dp/B00CUGOHWY/ref=dp_ob_image_ce - has a proprietary connector, no charging port via USB. Uses an AC Plug (though it does use batteries, they suck compared to AC) - i put the input voltages in my first post! 

It just uses a DC power jack, as long as you can provide the necessary DC power to it then you won't have a problem, however I wouldn't call it exactly a portable setup with it being so bulky. 

1 minute ago, W-L said:

It just uses a DC power jack, as long as you can provide the necessary DC power to it then you won't have a problem, however I wouldn't call it exactly a portable setup with it being so bulky. 

It's portable enough :P quite lightweight for what it is, but it's also powerful for what it is. I can't find a DC jack from ANY universal adaptor that seems to fit it, though i havnt tried all of them because.. well... they cost a lot of money haha. I'll look into the one you linked me and see how it goes! :)

1 minute ago, MLGMelon said:

It's portable enough :P quite lightweight for what it is, but it's also powerful for what it is. I can't find a DC jack from ANY universal adaptor that seems to fit it, though i havnt tried all of them because.. well... they cost a lot of money haha. I'll look into the one you linked me and see how it goes! :)

They come on many different sizes you can measure the interior pin to get the mm diameter of the connector, however not sure if you may be able to power everything off of one power bank it may require one for each device. If you going say camping for something like this I would instead recommend to get a portable generators like those Honda units they are very good.