Bonding internet connection

thatguyagis

Hi,

i plan on moving to a new house. Being a Twitch Streamer i need some "more internet" than a "normal" person.

The problem being that there's not that much in terms of Speed.(50MBit/s down, 10MBit/s up)

I could possibly stream with that, but there's just not much left in case they do not deliver the 10.

The House has 3 different connections i could buy, each the same speed mentioned as above.

I tried calling them and asking about bonding all these connections(as Linus did a video on that, seemed to work "good enough") but they just don't have a fu****g clue what i am talking about.

I've been sitting on a phone for like 2 hours, nobody knows what's up.

I live in Germany.

My Question(s):

Is the Solution showed in Linus's video available to buy off the internet or do only some IP's provide that?(the IP needs additional hardware on their side anyway i'd imagine)

Would regular Load Balancing give me some benefits to my situation?(until they figure out that "upgrading" the infrastructure to 50MBit/s won't do the job)

I have three 50Mbit down and 10Mbit up connections, they also offer some "Hybrid" stuff that combines the DSL connection with the LTE network.

How can i use this to get the most out of it?(and be able to stream in 720p60fps)

Expenses need covering, therefore it is important.

Cheers and Thanks in Advance.

The highest i can buy is 50Mbit/s. If there was something faster than that i'd buy it at any price really.

20 minutes ago, thatguyagis said:

The highest i can buy is 50Mbit/s. If there was something faster than that i'd buy it at any price really.

Bonding is not worth it in my opinion as 10mpbs up should be plenty for stream 1080p at 30fps. At 720p it won't be a issue. I don't think bonding will work well with streaming, as i don't think anyone have test, maybe you should try contacting ISP for higher upload speed and a bit slower down?

Magical Pineapples

15 minutes ago, MrUnknownEMC said:

Bonding is not worth it in my opinion as 10mpbs up should be plenty for stream 1080p at 30fps. At 720p it won't be a issue. I don't think bonding will work well with streaming, as i don't think anyone have test, maybe you should try contacting ISP for higher upload speed and a bit slower down?

I've tried to talk with them about that but they said they're unable to re-distribute the bandwidth(??? how would they be unable i mean they "made" the infrastructure)

I'm going to buy a connection to the new house for a tryout period and do a speedtest there, see how much of the "up to" 10MBit/s is really available.

2 minutes ago, thatguyagis said:

I've tried to talk with them about that but they said they're unable to re-distribute the bandwidth(??? how would they be unable i mean they "made" the infrastructure)

I'm going to buy a connection to the new house for a tryout period and do a speedtest there, see how much of the "up to" 10MBit/s is really available.

Probs 5%- less than the quota. 

Magical Pineapples

Try asking for a business connection, those usually have higher upload speeds.

Spoiler

Quiet Whirl | CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Mobo: MSI B450 TOMAHAWK MAX RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 3200 Mhz Graphics card: MSI GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER GAMING X TRIO PSU: Corsair RMx Series RM550x Case: Be quiet! Pure Base 600

Buffed HPHP ProBook 430 G4 | CPU: Intel Core i3-7100U RAM: 4GB DDR4 2133Mhz GPU: Intel HD 620 SSD: Some 128GB M.2 SATA

Retired:

Melting plastic | Lenovo IdeaPad Z580 | CPU: Intel Core i7-3630QM RAM: 8GB DDR3 GPU: nVidia GeForce GTX 640M HDD: Western Digital 1TB

The Roaring Beast | CPU: Intel Core i5 4690 (BCLK @ 104MHz = 4,05GHz) Cooler: Akasa X3 Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z97-D3H RAM: Kingston 16GB DDR3 (2x8GB) Graphics card: Gigabyte GTX 970 4GB (Core: +130MHz, Mem: +230MHz) SSHD: Seagate 1TB SSD: Samsung 850 Evo 500GB HHD: WD Red 4TB PSU: Fractal Design Essence 500W Case: Zalman Z11 Plus

2 minutes ago, matrix07012 said:

Try asking for a business connection, those usually have higher upload speeds.

On a previous house i was looking at it was the case(16Mbit/s down, 3Mbit/s up non-business/50Mbit connection for business), but on this one they do not have any more speed to offer - even on business offers.

I actually get around 9-9.6 Mbit/s upload on my 52/9 line... Why don't you get one line for streaming twitch and another for regular use?  That's the best way AFAIK until you can get a better upload plan.

Please quote my post, or put @paddy-stone if you want me to respond to you.

Spoiler
  • PCs:- 
  • Main PC build  https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/2K6Q7X
  • ASUS x53e  - i7 2670QM / Sony BD writer x8 / Win 10, Elemetary OS, Ubuntu/ Samsung 830 SSD
  • Lenovo G50 - 8Gb RAM - Samsung 860 Evo 250GB SSD - DVD writer
  •  
  • Displays:-
  • Philips 55 OLED 754 model
  • Panasonic 55" 4k TV
  • LG 29" Ultrawide
  • Philips 24" 1080p monitor as backup
  •  
  • Storage/NAS/Servers:-
  • ESXI/test build  https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/4wyR9G
  • Main Server https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/3Qftyk
  • Backup server - HP Proliant Gen 8 4 bay NAS running FreeNAS ZFS striped 3x3TiB WD reds
  • HP ProLiant G6 Server SE316M1 Twin Hex Core Intel Xeon E5645 2.40GHz 48GB RAM
  •  
  • Gaming/Tablets etc:-
  • Xbox One S 500GB + 2TB HDD
  • PS4
  • Nvidia Shield TV
  • Xiaomi/Pocafone F2 pro 8GB/256GB
  • Xiaomi Redmi Note 4

• Unused Hardware currently :-
  • 4670K MSI mobo 16GB ram
  • i7 6700K  b250 mobo
  • Zotac GTX 1060 6GB Amp! edition
  • Zotac GTX 1050 mini

27 minutes ago, paddy-stone said:

I actually get around 9-9.6 Mbit/s upload on my 52/9 line... Why don't you get one line for streaming twitch and another for regular use?  That's the best way AFAIK until you can get a better upload plan.

Yeah, i will book the connection for like 2-3 days, arrange a meeting with the owner(i just rent the house) and do a speedtest from there. Just to make sure they deliver 10MBit/s. If that's the case then i plan on getting all three of the connections and dedicate one for streaming, the other two for regular use.

We'll see how that goes :D

5 hours ago, thatguyagis said:

Yeah, i will book the connection for like 2-3 days, arrange a meeting with the owner(i just rent the house) and do a speedtest from there. Just to make sure they deliver 10MBit/s. If that's the case then i plan on getting all three of the connections and dedicate one for streaming, the other two for regular use.

We'll see how that goes :D

Cool, where do you live by the way?

I know it's not most people's priority, but if I ever move again, my priority is finding somewhere with either FTTH (direct fibre) or hopefully by then we'll all be able to use 5GB/s both directions (and yes I do mean Gigabytes), lol... and yes we will need much faster storage too, but we're getting there at least with the 3GB or so a second that's available right now for storage. TBH I'd be happy with 300Mbit/s even, but would like at least 1Gb to be available to all by 2025 or soemthing, by either fibre or wireless even as 5g is now coming.

Please quote my post, or put @paddy-stone if you want me to respond to you.

Spoiler
  • PCs:- 
  • Main PC build  https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/2K6Q7X
  • ASUS x53e  - i7 2670QM / Sony BD writer x8 / Win 10, Elemetary OS, Ubuntu/ Samsung 830 SSD
  • Lenovo G50 - 8Gb RAM - Samsung 860 Evo 250GB SSD - DVD writer
  •  
  • Displays:-
  • Philips 55 OLED 754 model
  • Panasonic 55" 4k TV
  • LG 29" Ultrawide
  • Philips 24" 1080p monitor as backup
  •  
  • Storage/NAS/Servers:-
  • ESXI/test build  https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/4wyR9G
  • Main Server https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/3Qftyk
  • Backup server - HP Proliant Gen 8 4 bay NAS running FreeNAS ZFS striped 3x3TiB WD reds
  • HP ProLiant G6 Server SE316M1 Twin Hex Core Intel Xeon E5645 2.40GHz 48GB RAM
  •  
  • Gaming/Tablets etc:-
  • Xbox One S 500GB + 2TB HDD
  • PS4
  • Nvidia Shield TV
  • Xiaomi/Pocafone F2 pro 8GB/256GB
  • Xiaomi Redmi Note 4

• Unused Hardware currently :-
  • 4670K MSI mobo 16GB ram
  • i7 6700K  b250 mobo
  • Zotac GTX 1060 6GB Amp! edition
  • Zotac GTX 1050 mini

On 17.1.2017 at 0:35 AM, paddy-stone said:

Cool, where do you live by the way?

I know it's not most people's priority, but if I ever move again, my priority is finding somewhere with either FTTH (direct fibre) or hopefully by then we'll all be able to use 5GB/s both directions (and yes I do mean Gigabytes), lol... and yes we will need much faster storage too, but we're getting there at least with the 3GB or so a second that's available right now for storage. TBH I'd be happy with 300Mbit/s even, but would like at least 1Gb to be available to all by 2025 or soemthing, by either fibre or wireless even as 5g is now coming.

I live in Germany, nearby Stuttgart.

For me it's also the priority to have a good internet connection, but the house is so nice and i'd have room for everything i'd ever need.

So i would like to move in. The 10Mbit connection is not ideal but it's good enough that i could just wait for an upgrade while doing my job.

My current Apartment is too small for 3 people, so if i move - i could stream even more(increasing growth, income, etc)

Most houses do not have good Internet or the place is just lacking room/functionality etc

Some Guy in his 70's is directing the Upgrades of Internet Infrastructure in Germany and i feel like he has no clue what is going on.

Like even if they upgrade to 100Mbit/s connections all across the country it will become obsolete soon, considering how fast the "internet is growing".

Since i'm not sure how well a bonded connection would work with streaming I would probably do a test stream at the 10Mbps and see if you need more, you just need to make sure your bit rate is at least 2.5k because for streaming that bit rate is all that matters for quality.

also with that 10Mbps connection what you should realistically be seeing is between 8Mbps - 9Mbps

if you need more than i would then suggest to start looking at a load balancing/bonding solution