does any one have the ASUS ROG Swift PG348Q 34 inch Widescreen

thomas3010

if so can you tell me your thoughts on this monitor i all so need to know each to each size   

I have one and i have to say its quite nice. although the colors are maybe not as nice as my LG 34UM95 but the refreshrate and g-sync make up for it. It also has quite a bit of light bleed in the corners (at least my example) but you would only notice it in dark scenes. all in all its a high end gaming monitor wich is really expesive, but also really good

CPU: Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.5 GhZ COOLER: Noctua NH-D14 GPU: Gainward GTX1080 GS MOBO: MSi Z170 Gaming M7 HDD: Samsung 950 Pro 512 GB PSU: Be quiet Power Zone 850W CASE: CoolerMaster Master Case 5 Pro DISPLAY: ASUS ROG PG348Q + LG 34UM95 + Samsung U28E850R + Samsung C24F396 SERVER: HP MicroServer G8 w/ HP P222 & 4x Seagate 8TB RAID5

I dont have one!

I have more dedocated WAM than you on my Minecraft server!

Specs:

RX 480 Sapphire Nitro+

i5 4460 w/ Raijintek Aidos cooler

XFX TS 650W PSU

Cheap OEM Acer motherboard w/ Cheap dollar tree Micro-ATX case

12GB DDR3 Decocated WAM

1TB Seagate Barracuda HHD

BTW I live in the UK so if I don't know where you live I will quote all prices in £

3 minutes ago, TaylorSwiftOrNon said:

I have one and i have to say its quite nice. although the colors are maybe not as nice as my LG 34UM95 but the refreshrate and g-sync make up for it. It also has quite a bit of light bleed in the corners (at least my example) but you would only notice it in dark scenes. all in all its a high end gaming monitor wich is really expesive, but also really good

is there any chance of you knowing the each to each size just so i know if it will fit 

82,9 x 32,3 x 10,9 cm if you are talking about physical dimesions. 34 inch if you want to know the display size

CPU: Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.5 GhZ COOLER: Noctua NH-D14 GPU: Gainward GTX1080 GS MOBO: MSi Z170 Gaming M7 HDD: Samsung 950 Pro 512 GB PSU: Be quiet Power Zone 850W CASE: CoolerMaster Master Case 5 Pro DISPLAY: ASUS ROG PG348Q + LG 34UM95 + Samsung U28E850R + Samsung C24F396 SERVER: HP MicroServer G8 w/ HP P222 & 4x Seagate 8TB RAID5

do you think it will be any good for sim racing i e project cars 

I wish LTT did a video review of this monitor, or at least a video comparing this monitor to the Acer Predator x34..

Linus DID do a review of the Acer Predator x34 though, which is almost exactly identical in nearly every aspect (not including aesthetics), if you want to have a good idea of what Linus would say about the Asus PG348Q. I read some article reviews that compared the two and they were so close performance that it could have been two tests of the same monitor with differences within margin of manufacturing error. I recommend going and watching Linus's video on the Acer predator x34 and then decide between the Acer x34 and the Asus PG348Q based on which one you like the look of better, as they are basically identical otherwise.

I too will be upgrading monitors this year and have been looking around for the same question you seem to be asking. I've been back and forth between the Acer Pred x34, the Asus PG348Q and the LG34UC97 (or 98W) (or or or the LG38UC99!!!![which Linus himself said is probably in his top 3 favorite monitors ever])

I hope to help more with your question, Linus's favorite screen that he chose to use is the LG34UC97. That is an older model, there is the LG34UC98, which is the same thing but adds freesync. After seeing Linus's video for the LG34UC97, which has since been upgraded to a slightly better model by adding freesync, the difference between the LG34UC98 and the Asus PG348Q is freesync vs Gsync. If you have or plan to have an Nvidia GPU, then you should go with either the Acer or the Asus, but if you have or plan to have an AMD card, then I'd go with the LG34UC98 or LG38UC99.

I know there are some decent price differences, but when you are spending $1000+ on something, its often not too hard to spend just a touch more and get the best you can.
There isn't an LTT review on the specific Asus model you are asking about, but there are LTT reviews for two other very very similar screens and you should be able to pick between them based on whether you want/need Gsync or Freesync and which you like the looks of. :)

Well today i have seen a lot of people i mean a lot of people say it as bad bk light bleeding like really bad oh i will have gtx 1080