What type of equipment would you need for Fiber?

Pittman90

What type of switches would be needed for Google Fiber since its 1 Gigabyte speeds, 10 gigabit Right? Meaning that I would need a 10 gigabit card in my pc for that to work right? Any other equipment needed?

Its gigabit speeds, not gigabyte speed. You don't need any special equipment since they provide the fiber to copper converter for you, you just plug it into the modem and off you go.

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

I have fiber at my house. Fiber comes into an optical node, regular Ethernet cable comes out into the modem.

You wont be getting 10 gigabit (gigabyte/sec approx.), youll be getting gigabit which is about 112 MB/sec.

When in doubt, re-format.

Standard 1GbE will be fine with Google Fiber. You could get a 10GbE addon card, if you'd really like, but I'm not sure if the Google Fiber modem outputs 10GbE.

At the edge router fiber-optic internet gets converted to Ethernet copper cable which eliminates the need for fiber card adapters on your end. Now if you want to run a point-to-point 10Gbit fiber-optic connection between two computers I can shed some light on that if it's your objective.