How do I recover the BIOS on a MSI X58M motherboard?

Hi so I have an MSI X58M motherboard that was working before but I needed to flash the bios to the latest version so I can use the cheap hex core Xeons on ebay. So I downloaded the bios on the MSI website and i used the mflash utitlity in the bios to flash and it said that everything was successful and it was going to restart the computer. After it restarted the board won't post so I can conclude that the BIOS flash must have gone wrong and now im stuck with a bricked X58 motherboard. Is there any way to force some sort of reflash so that I can try to flash an older BIOS so that the board can work again? Or am I really stuck with a bricked motherboard. 

"Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning." -Albert Einstein

Your motherboard seems to have this M-Flash utility. I don't know exactly what it does but from what I've read it can be used to recover the motherboard because it allows a flash drive to act as a bios chip. So consult your user manual and try that route I guess. If that fails then it needs to be sent to MSI for repair. 

Edited by MysticalRainXIV
New info came to my attention.

Main Rig:

| 13900K@6.1/4.7 w/TVB | Corsair h150i Elite LCD | Sapphire NITRO SE+ 6900XT@2710MHz | ASUS Z790 Strix-E | Corsair DDR5 Dominator Platinum 2x16GB@6200MT/s | Lian Li O11 Dynamic EVO |

My Folding Stats

That board probably would have ran a Xeon without a flash. Mine did.

Black Knight-

Ryzen 5 5600, GIGABYTE B550M DS3H, 16Gb Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000mhz, Asrock RX 6800 XT Phantom Gaming,

Seasonic Focus GM 750, Samsung EVO 860 EVO SSD M.2, Intel 660p Series M.2 2280 1TB PCIe NVMe, Linux Mint 20.2 Cinnamon

Daughter's Rig;

MSI B450 A Pro, Ryzen 5 3600x, 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000mhz, Silicon Power A55 512GB SSD, Gigabyte RX 5700 Gaming OC, Corsair CX430

6 hours ago, asand1 said:

That board probably would have ran a Xeon without a flash. Mine did.

no i tried it didnt run the X5660 natively so thats why i tried to flash the bios 

"Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning." -Albert Einstein

That sucks. I'm sorry I don't know how to help you with your board.

Black Knight-

Ryzen 5 5600, GIGABYTE B550M DS3H, 16Gb Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000mhz, Asrock RX 6800 XT Phantom Gaming,

Seasonic Focus GM 750, Samsung EVO 860 EVO SSD M.2, Intel 660p Series M.2 2280 1TB PCIe NVMe, Linux Mint 20.2 Cinnamon

Daughter's Rig;

MSI B450 A Pro, Ryzen 5 3600x, 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000mhz, Silicon Power A55 512GB SSD, Gigabyte RX 5700 Gaming OC, Corsair CX430

On 1/14/2017 at 0:15 PM, asand1 said:

That sucks. I'm sorry I don't know how to help you with your board.

yeah no worries man I bought the board at a used parts store for $15 with 30 day returns so all i did was just return the board and got my money back. though it is a shame that  I bricked out that X58 motherboard since those are not cheap at all. 

26 minutes ago, glitchmaster0001 said:

yeah no worries man I bought the board at a used parts store for $15 with 30 day returns so all i did was just return the board and got my money back. though it is a shame that  I bricked out that X58 motherboard since those are not cheap at all. 

No doubt. The fetch a premium on eBay and are still the basis of pretty capable machine.

Black Knight-

Daughter's Rig;

56 minutes ago, asand1 said:

No doubt. The fetch a premium on eBay and are still the basis of pretty capable machine.

i know i could've just sold it easily for $150 had i not bricked it...