Intel RST cant set up cache drive

matto97

Ok so i wanted to use my spare SSD to cache my HDD but Intel RST wont let me for some reason.
966bc657cf.jpg
But i have deleted all partitions and left it as Unallocated space and the computer is in RAID mode but im not sure what im doing wrong.
0e7cd91f71.png

Desktop: CPU: I7-5820K GPU: 980Ti, 750Ti PhysX Mobo: MSI X99A SLI PLUS RAM: 4x4 Kingston DDR4 2400MHz OS: Win10
Storage: 250GB Samsung Evo, 3TB WD Black and Green FIRESTRIKE, Reason for dedicated PhysX Card.

Peripherals: Screen: 3x BenQ VZ2350 Mouse: Razer Naga Keyboard: Some Dell Thing Sound: Razer Tiamat, 5.1 Logitech Surround Speakers

2 minutes ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

Don't use a ssd cache. Its not worth it.

i just had the space free and available so thought i may as well

Desktop: CPU: I7-5820K GPU: 980Ti, 750Ti PhysX Mobo: MSI X99A SLI PLUS RAM: 4x4 Kingston DDR4 2400MHz OS: Win10
Storage: 250GB Samsung Evo, 3TB WD Black and Green FIRESTRIKE, Reason for dedicated PhysX Card.

Peripherals: Screen: 3x BenQ VZ2350 Mouse: Razer Naga Keyboard: Some Dell Thing Sound: Razer Tiamat, 5.1 Logitech Surround Speakers

1 minute ago, matto97 said:

i just had the space free and available so thought i may as well

The cache drive can't be that big. Also why is your cache drive the same size as your main drive, might as well only use the ssd.

1 minute ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

The cache drive can't be that big. Also why is your cache drive the same size as your main drive, might as well only use the ssd.

Because my new SSD is a 960 Evo M.2 250GB and my old SSD is a 850 Evo 250GB
i was going to set up a cache drive of 60GB for the HDD and use the remaining space for 2 of my most played games.
Besides Star CItizen, thats on the C: drive.

2 minutes ago, matto97 said:

Because my new SSD is a 960 Evo M.2 250GB and my old SSD is a 850 Evo 250GB
i was going to set up a cache drive of 60GB for the HDD and use the remaining space for 2 of my most played games.
Besides Star CItizen, thats on the C: drive.

why not use tiered storage in storage spaces? https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/askpfeplat/2013/10/20/storage-spaces-how-to-configure-storage-tiers-with-windows-server-2012-r2/

2 minutes ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

WOH what is that, reading in to it atm.....
seems a bit to technical and indepth D: