How to maximise my internet connection??

Well I have a 50mb/s (vdsl) connection but  I only get 3mb/s real-time download speed.. I don't know much about internet connection and stuff like that so please help me is there a way to get more real-time mb/s???

Contact your ISP?

Run a speed test here: http://speedtest.net then send us a screenshot of the results.

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

5 minutes ago, TheKDub said:

Contact your ISP?

Run a speed test here: http://speedtest.net then send us a screenshot of the results.

My speed test is about 40mbps but I thought that this has to do only with my equipment.. so you think if I contact my ISP I would have like 10mbps real-time speed or more??

Just now, iliaslef said:

My speed test is about 40mbps but I thought that this has to do only with my equipment.. so you think if I contact my ISP I would have like 10mbps real-time speed or more??

If the speed test is reporting 40Mb/s, then whatever service you were getting 3Mb/s on is likely limiting the bandwidth.

You could try contacting them to see if they can do anything about it, if not, then it might be your equipment. Are you using wifi? If so, how strong is your connection?

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

10 minutes ago, TheKDub said:

If the speed test is reporting 40Mb/s, then whatever service you were getting 3Mb/s on is likely limiting the bandwidth.

You could try contacting them to see if they can do anything about it, if not, then it might be your equipment. Are you using wifi? If so, how strong is your connection?

It's the same with wifi but I use wired connection :/

But if they're limiting the bandwidth is there a way to unlimited or something? Should I pay less for like 35mbps?

1 minute ago, Megah3rtz said:

I think you're mistaking MBPS with MB/s. 

Well I mean megabytes per second in everything :/

Just now, iliaslef said:

Well I mean megabytes per second in everything :/

Internet plans are not measured in MB/s. 

Personal build >  New-ish AMD main gaming setup           

PLEASE QUOTE OR @ ME FOR A RESPONSE xD 

Internet plans are not measured in MB/s. 

What do you mean??

11 minutes ago, iliaslef said:

What do you mean??

They are advertised as MBPS. Million Bits Per second. Mega bits per second

Just now, Megah3rtz said:

They are advertised as MBPS. Million Bits Per second. 

Give me a page to your providers plan you are signed up with. 

4 minutes ago, Megah3rtz said:

Which one specifically

COSMOTE Home Double Play 50 L 

Just now, iliaslef said:

COSMOTE Home Double Play 50 L 

So you will get up to 50mbps which is equivalent to 6mb/s. 

So you will get up to 50mbps which is equivalent to 6mb/s. 

But I get only 3 max

You need to research these terms. You cannot just get 'unlimited bandwidth'. There are almost countless possible reasons why you are experiencing a slow overall data rate.

By the way, internet plans are measured in megabits, aka 1,048,576 BITS. 1 megabyte (MB) is 1,048,576 BYTES. 1 megabyte is 8 megabits. (1Mbit = 1/8MB)

'35mbps' is simply marketing. That means '35 megabits per second.'  A data rate is rated with Upload and Download. For example, my current internet speeds are 40mbit/s download, 5mbit/s upload. In general, you will find faster download speeds than upload speeds. Simply remember this: A Megabit is 1/8th of a Megabyte.

'Gigabit' marketing means that your internet clocks at almost 1000 bits per second. in 8 seconds, you will transfer 8000MB (8GB, Gigabyte.)

Desktop:

Intel Core i7-6700K 4.5GHz Corsair H100i v2 | Asus Z170-A | Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB 2x8 3200Mhz | Samsung 960 EVO 1TB + 850 EVO 250GB + Seagate 1TB | GIGABYTE GeForce GTX 1070 G1 Gaming Cooler Master MasterCase Pro 5 | EVGA SuperNOVA G2 650W 80+G | Microsoft Windows 10 Home 64-bit (PcPartPicker)

Just now, Megah3rtz said:

Where are you downloading from? 

From anywhere.. steam, uplay, mega (with the extension) but the max I get is 3,1 or something

1 minute ago, iliaslef said:

But I get only 3 max

Remember that there is a client and there is a host connection. There is a good chance that the host connection is slower than your connection, thus explaining why you are not receiving 6mbits of data p/s from the host, aka the website. You are the client, aka user.

Desktop:

Intel Core i7-6700K 4.5GHz Corsair H100i v2 | Asus Z170-A | Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB 2x8 3200Mhz | Samsung 960 EVO 1TB + 850 EVO 250GB + Seagate 1TB | GIGABYTE GeForce GTX 1070 G1 Gaming Cooler Master MasterCase Pro 5 | EVGA SuperNOVA G2 650W 80+G | Microsoft Windows 10 Home 64-bit (PcPartPicker)

Just now, iliaslef said:

From anywhere.. steam, uplay, mega (with the extension) but the max I get is 3,1 or something

Are you on wifi or ethernet

Are you on wifi or ethernet

Ethernet :/