Computer for sister.

maxime_vhw
My sister wants a computer to play games such as: far cry3' date=' call of duty, sims3, ... I dont know anything on the amd side... I only know its cheaper... so ive chosen amd... :) Would this be good for her? Case: Cooler Master Elite 335U PSU: Cooler Master GX Lite 700W Mobo: ASUS M5A99FX PRO R2.0 CPU: AMD Black Edition FX 8350 RAM: 8Gb Corsair Vengeance HDD: WD Caviar Green WD20EARX Gpu: Sapphite Radeon HD 7770 OC OS: windows 7 I hope you can help me out :)[/quote']

Looks a good spec, i have that very same motherboard and its awesome quality for the money.

for cases have you seen the Fractal design arc midi r2 ? or maybe the C70, the Z9 plus is also ok for cheaper, i have one, however there is a newer vesion now with a usb 3.0 i/o on the front panel.

for sure the m/board and a 6 or 8 core CPU will do the job.

does she have a fav colour???

She likes pink, red that kind of stuff.

I showed here the pink bitfenix prodigy...

I like the looks of that case but she hates it ;p

I don't know how to reply to a comment so, to OP. You say that Linus showed AMD is better than NVIDIA? He has said they are better "Bang for buck" which they certainly are, no disagreeing with that. Their benchmarks with their prices are better than anything NVIDIA has to offer. However, NVIDIA's GPU's are better as a whole due to their better architecture and is known for some games, *Not Far Cry 3* :P To run smoother on them. What I was saying was, in my opinion and from the experience I have you're better of buying a 650Ti than a 7770.

The reason why I don't go from 1 source is because many benchmark videos have different results, don't ask which exact videos because I'm not tracing through hundreds of videos from several Tech YouTuber's to find one video, i.e TimeToLiveCustoms etc. The purpose of what I said was just to try and help the OP. Sure I'd rather have a 7970 rather than something like a GTX 660, however for what he listed I recommended my recommendations, doesn't have to go with anything I say. After all, we're all here to help..

And as for the PSU, uh.. The PSU is something you don't want to skimp on, as it's what powers your entire system.. You could spend $50 on a crap PSU that will die on you in a couple months and you would have to buy a new one, take things apart, take them out, put new one in.. Or you could spend $125 on the PSU I recommended and not have to deal with all that crap.

Hope I've helped in some way..

Well.. she's "stingy"... or something like that... had to use google translate for this one ;p hahah

Cheap case

Cheap psu, but decent quality

Cheap but good gpu...

Amd... cheap....

My sister wants a computer to play games such as: far cry3' date=' call of duty, sims3, ... I dont know anything on the amd side... I only know its cheaper... so ive chosen amd... :) Would this be good for her? Case: Cooler Master Elite 335U PSU: Cooler Master GX Lite 700W Mobo: ASUS M5A99FX PRO R2.0 CPU: AMD Black Edition FX 8350 RAM: 8Gb Corsair Vengeance HDD: WD Caviar Green WD20EARX Gpu: Sapphite Radeon HD 7770 OC OS: windows 7 I hope you can help me out :)[/quote']

Looks a good spec, i have that very same motherboard and its awesome quality for the money.

for cases have you seen the Fractal design arc midi r2 ? or maybe the C70, the Z9 plus is also ok for cheaper, i have one, however there is a newer vesion now with a usb 3.0 i/o on the front panel.

for sure the m/board and a 6 or 8 core CPU will do the job.

does she have a fav colour???

does she like the militry / camo style as the Green C70 case is good for that, plus there is alot of red cases out there, or even white.

The Motherboard is a good board for a mid - high end gaming rig that will be future proof.

http://ca.asus.com/en/Motherboards/AMD_AM3Plus/M5A99FX_PRO_R20/

as it has a lot of blue i am not sure what a blue and white scheme would look like or red and blue??

got to love Asus components

I don't know how to reply to a comment so, to OP. You say that Linus showed AMD is better than NVIDIA? He has said they are better "Bang for buck" which they certainly are, no disagreeing with that. Their benchmarks with their prices are better than anything NVIDIA has to offer. However, NVIDIA's GPU's are better as a whole due to their better architecture and is known for some games, *Not Far Cry 3* :P To run smoother on them. What I was saying was, in my opinion and from the experience I have you're better of buying a 650Ti than a 7770.

The reason why I don't go from 1 source is because many benchmark videos have different results, don't ask which exact videos because I'm not tracing through hundreds of videos from several Tech YouTuber's to find one video, i.e TimeToLiveCustoms etc. The purpose of what I said was just to try and help the OP. Sure I'd rather have a 7970 rather than something like a GTX 660, however for what he listed I recommended my recommendations, doesn't have to go with anything I say. After all, we're all here to help..

And as for the PSU, uh.. The PSU is something you don't want to skimp on, as it's what powers your entire system.. You could spend $50 on a crap PSU that will die on you in a couple months and you would have to buy a new one, take things apart, take them out, put new one in.. Or you could spend $125 on the PSU I recommended and not have to deal with all that crap.

Hope I've helped in some way..

Anyone else struggling to see how there is a difference between "gaming PSU's" and 'normal PSU's' at this price range? I could understand if you're getting into triple SLI and need the PCI cables but at this range there's no difference whatsoever.