I think It's time to delete my facebook...

Tocsin_786

I don't use facebook as I did around 2008 - 2012, but i still had to account because of some social aspects that enabled me to keep in touch with friends and family. I disabled all the spam communications, enabled all privacy features, and only logged in ever so rarely, I did not have the app on any of my devices and only used firefox on my browser for it (since its my secondary browser). Recently though, I've been getting the spammy emails about birthdays, and tags and other BS, and also TEXT MESSAGES! I didn't even know they can send text notifications. I believe its finally time to delete it because they really are getting very annoying even after I've disabled all the annoying aspects. What are your thoughts on FB? 

Space Journal #1: So Apparently i  was dropped on the moon like i'm a mars rover, in a matter of hours i have found the transformers on the dark side of the moon. Turns out its not that dark since dem robots are filled with lights, i waved hi to the Russians on the space station, turns out all those stories about space finding humans instead of the other way around is true(soviet Russia joke). They threw me some Heineken beer and I've been sitting staring at the people of this forum and earth since. 

my thoughts are you should disable your account and never look back, since you can't delete it. Once it's on facebook they basically own your personal information. i haven't used my old account in years as i disabled it.

Also you can never log back into it at any time as this reactivates your account, and everything that's associated with having an account.

I equate facebook to a voluntary data mining service on your personal information that can be sold to ad companies to give you personalized ads and who knows what else, especially if your have the app as it asks for access of your microphone and camera, as well as location services and storage at any time. It just gives me bad vibes, plus i don't like using things that could be used against me when i'm trying to find a job or currently employed

1 hour ago, Tocsin_786 said:

~ snip

[...]What are your thoughts on FB?

Well, sometimes it depressed me just to log in and see bs everywhere. The weird thing is that since I completly deleted it, I am less stressed though I did not even used it regulary, nor had I used the app.

And sure you can delete your acc entirely: https://www.facebook.com/help/224562897555674?helpref=faq_content

Instant-Edit: @Lacrimas was faster.

SilentOcean

CPU: Intel Core i7-4790K GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 SC Gaming ACX 3.0 MB: Gigabyte Z97X-UD5H-BK, RAM: Corsair XMS3 4x4GB RAM, Storage: Samsung Evo 840 SSD@120GB, Samsung Evo 850 SSD@1TB, Intel 535 SSD@240GB PSU: be quiet! Straight Power 10 500W Case: Fractal Design Define R5 Cooling: Cryorig H7, 2xFractal Design GP-14, 1xNoctua NF-A14 FLX OS: Windows 10 Home

Normiebook is a ceaspool anyway. It's all moms and advertisers. 

24 minutes ago, Mooshi said:

Normiebook is a ceaspool anyway. It's all moms and advertisers. 

Its the first time I was ever creeped out my ads. Every single thing I went through on Amazon or Ebay were shown up on facebook. When I visit a microsoft or google website, its never as bad. Facbook is as bad as those file sharing sites I go to, to download tv shows through the week. Its insanely creepy. 

Space Journal #1: So Apparently i  was dropped on the moon like i'm a mars rover, in a matter of hours i have found the transformers on the dark side of the moon. Turns out its not that dark since dem robots are filled with lights, i waved hi to the Russians on the space station, turns out all those stories about space finding humans instead of the other way around is true(soviet Russia joke). They threw me some Heineken beer and I've been sitting staring at the people of this forum and earth since. 

I still use a Facebook, and frankly I could care less about the targeted advertising. It is kinda creepy though when I visit certain sites Facebook will show me stuff for that. But It's decent for getting in touch with people. Better than the likes of twitter tbh,

a Moo Floof connoisseur and curator.

:x@handymanshandle x @pinksnowbirdie || Jake x Brendan :x
Youtube Audio Normalization

1 minute ago, wcreek said:

I still use a Facebook, and frankly I could care less about the targeted advertising. It is kinda creepy though when I visit certain sites Facebook will show me stuff for that. But It's decent for getting in touch with people. Better than the likes of twitter tbh,

Sadly enough I feel like Snapchat might be the replacement to Twitter and Facebook. I still hate it even though I've kept it on my phone now for a couple weeks.

a Moo Floof connoisseur and curator.

:x@handymanshandle x @pinksnowbirdie || Jake x Brendan :x
Youtube Audio Normalization

Luckily I disabled my facebook a while ago, It's just clickbait and drama no matter who you have on there.

【=◈︿◈=】

\\ CPU i7-6700k @ 4.4ghz(1.26v) \\ GPU | 1070 FE 8GB  // Audio FiiO E10k / AT M50X //

\\ Monitor | LG 29UM69G-B \\ Phone LG G6 H870DS // Nintendo Switch //

10 hours ago, Eredian said:

Luckily I disabled my facebook a while ago, It's just clickbait and drama no matter who you have on there.

Amen, don't need more of that (drama) in my life.

OMG YOUR NOT MY FRIEND

OMG ACCEPT ME

OMG DID YOU SEE THAT WHY NO REPLY.

OMG WHY NO LIKE THAT.

OMG ACCEPT ME ALREADY

yeah fuck Facebook. It makes everyone so damn needy for attention every second of every day. Maybe we have shit to do other then gaze at a phone? lmao

1 hour ago, ZackBarletto said:

OMG YOUR NOT MY FRIEND

OMG ACCEPT ME

OMG DID YOU SEE THAT WHY NO REPLY.

OMG WHY NO LIKE THAT.

OMG ACCEPT ME ALREADY

yeah fuck Facebook. It makes everyone so damn needy for attention every second of every day. Maybe we have shit to do other then gaze at a phone? lmao

Better invest your time in a job, earn money and upgrade your PC for no reason. Better than a therapy or staring into a phone ;)

SilentOcean

CPU: Intel Core i7-4790K GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 SC Gaming ACX 3.0 MB: Gigabyte Z97X-UD5H-BK, RAM: Corsair XMS3 4x4GB RAM, Storage: Samsung Evo 840 SSD@120GB, Samsung Evo 850 SSD@1TB, Intel 535 SSD@240GB PSU: be quiet! Straight Power 10 500W Case: Fractal Design Define R5 Cooling: Cryorig H7, 2xFractal Design GP-14, 1xNoctua NF-A14 FLX OS: Windows 10 Home

Facebook is my #1 source of banter. 

Some people that actually know how to lighten the fuck up and are an actual laugh. 

Whilst everyone else is either a moron, a gullible moron, a boring moron, a trend following moron, an attention seeking moron or a complete retard. 

Right laugh scrolling down facebook