How will my m.2 help me?

I purchased a Samsung 960 Evo. What exactly does this make better?

2 minutes ago, Emma Nieuwenhuis said:

I purchased a Samsung 960 Evo. What exactly does this make better?

Better compared to what?

Computers r fun

Just now, TheNuzziNuzz said:

Better compared to what?

How will this make any difference in my computer. It is way faster storage, but what will that help me with? Will it actually matter????? I previously had a hard drive.

I mean it's more reliable then a hard drive, extremely fast, and you won't be annoyed with 2 minute boot ups

The geek himself.

1 minute ago, Emma Nieuwenhuis said:

How will this make any difference in my computer. It is way faster storage, but what will that help me with? Will it actually matter????? I previously had a hard drive.

What type of storage are you comming from?

It will speed up loading times, that basically it. WIndows loading (Startup), Game launching, Program launching. Anything thats on it will move faster.

Computers r fun

Why did you buy something that costs a lot of money without being informed about it before?

Faster boot ups, shorter waiting times overall, more reliable, and way more responsive. 

My System:

Intel Core i5-4690k  / Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo Asus Z97-AR MSI Nvidia GeForce GTX 970 100me Corsair Vengeance LP 1600Mhz 2x4GB DDR3 Samsung 850 EVO 250GB / Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM HDD / NZXT S340 EVGA SuperNOVA G1 650W / Windows 10 Home 64 / AOC G2460PQU 1080p 144hz / Corsair VOID Wireless RGB Razer Taipan Laser Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2014 

My Laptop (Asus X55C-DS31):

Intel Core i3-2370M @ 2.4Ghz 6GB RAM / OCZ ARC100 240GB SSD /

My Phone:

OnePlus Three Graphite Black / 64GB

My Watch:

Moto 360 1st Generation

1 minute ago, TheNuzziNuzz said:

What type of storage are you comming from?

It will speed up loading times, that basically it. WIndows loading (Startup), Game launching, Program launching. Anything thats on it will move faster.

What do you mean? I told you what type of storage I am coming from! I said a hard drive!

1 minute ago, Fourmi_Killer said:

Why did you buy something that costs a lot of money without being informed about it before?

He probably got it as a gift.

Computers r fun

What do you mean? I told you what type of storage I am coming from! I said a hard drive!

An SSD is a hard drive.

Computers r fun

An SSD is a hard drive.

An SSD is not a hard drive. An SSD is solid state. A hard drive has moving parts.

I (she, not he) did not get it as a gift. I know what it is, and how to use it. I came here wondering about if it would actually make a large difference in my daily computing.

4 minutes ago, Emma Nieuwenhuis said:

I (she, not he) did not get it as a gift. I know what it is, and how to use it. I came here wondering about if it would actually make a large difference in my daily computing.

No. If you mean computing = web browsing, then no.

However, Windows login boot time as well as game launches, and data transfer will dramatically increase.

The 960 has a 2.7-3.0gbps speed if i'm not mistaken?

Moving large amounts of data will be much faster, as well as the things mentioned by others and myself above.

Better dead than Red.

Pheonix

---------------

CPU: i5 2500k @ 4.6ghz Mobo: Asrock Z77 Extreme4 RAM: G.Skill 16gb of DDR3 @ 1600mhz GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1060 6gb Extreme Gaming PSU: EVGA 700B Storage: 480GB SP SSD and a 960GB Ultra II Sandisk. Cooler: Cryorig H7 Case: Phanteks P400. 

you paid for it and now you want to feel good about your purchase?

sorry, it's most likely you wasted your money - you could've got a bigger 850EVO (2.5" or m.2) for the same $

10 minutes ago, zMeul said:

you paid for it and now you want to feel good about your purchase?

sorry, it's most likely you wasted your money - you could've got a bigger 850EVO (2.5" or m.2) for the same $

I did not waste my money and I do not welcome your message as it seems very condescending.

16 minutes ago, JR8 said:

No. If you mean computing = web browsing, then no.

However, Windows login boot time as well as game launches, and data transfer will dramatically increase.

The 960 has a 2.7-3.0gbps speed if i'm not mistaken?

Moving large amounts of data will be much faster, as well as the things mentioned by others and myself above.

Computing does not equal web browsing. I do more than that. The 960 Evo has up to 1500 MB/s write and up to 2900 MB/s read, I believe. Do remember the "up to". I get an average of 1 GB/s writes and 2 GB/s reads. Thank you for your reply.

1 minute ago, TAHIRMIA said:

So you just buy an SSD and don't know what's the point of it

Read the rest of the comments and don't be mean.

59 minutes ago, TheNuzziNuzz said:

He said he bought it. ''I purchased a Samsung...''

41 minutes ago, Emma Nieuwenhuis said:

Read the rest of the comments and don't be mean.

Actually, I'm on his side. You are buying something that is pretty expensive and you don't know the point of it. I hope your motherboard at least support it... If not, it's a waste of money.

34 minutes ago, Fourmi_Killer said:

Actually, I'm on his side. You are buying something that is pretty expensive and you don't know the point of it. I hope your motherboard at least support it... If not, it's a waste of money.

I do know the point of it. It is not a waste of money and of course my motherboard supports it. I wouldn't have gotten it without support.

12 minutes ago, Emma Nieuwenhuis said:

I do know the point of it. It is not a waste of money and of course my motherboard supports it. I wouldn't have gotten it without support.

So why are you asking what it does if you know the point of it?

1 minute ago, Fourmi_Killer said:

So why are you asking what it does if you know the point of it?

I never asked what it does. I asked about how it would help me. What will I see significant improvement in with it over an HDD.

2 minutes ago, Emma Nieuwenhuis said:

I never asked what it does. I asked about how it would help me. What will I see significant improvement in with it over an HDD.

When booting, opening programs, and transferring files.

Why would you buy one if you didn't know this to start with though? Should research before you buy, not afterwards.

PC - CPU Ryzen 5 1600 - GPU Power Color Radeon 5700XT- Motherboard Gigabyte GA-AB350 Gaming - RAM 16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB - Storage 525GB Crucial MX300 SSD + 120GB Kingston SSD   PSU Corsair CX750M - Cooling Stock - Case White NZXT S340

Peripherals - Mouse Logitech G502 Wireless - Keyboard Logitech G915 TKL  Headset Razer Kraken Pro V2's - Displays 2x Acer 24" GF246(1080p, 75hz, Freesync) Steering Wheel & Pedals Logitech G29 & Shifter