Push and pull or single 120 fan

I was thinking about changing my fans to a Noctua  NF-F12 iPPC-2000 PWM 120mm instead of the h80i fan because the fan is super noisy in my preference.

With the the old corsair fan my temps are ~60c when playing ark which is really demanding for all of my components ~30c at idle with a rpm of ~1225.

So my question is, would a single noctua 120mm fan work or should i go with two noctua fans and do push and pull? I want it to be as quiet as possible

-120mm radiator at the top of the back in a p400s case with two masterfan 140mm air flow on the front

4 minutes ago, ViciousFate said:

I was thinking about changing my fans to a Noctua  NF-F12 iPPC-2000 PWM 120mm instead of the h80i fan because the fan is super noisy in my preference.

With the the old corsair fan my temps are ~60c when playing ark which is really demanding for all of my components ~30c at idle with a rpm of ~1225.

So my question is, would a single noctua 120mm fan work or should i go with two noctua fans and do push and pull? I want it to be as quiet as possible

-120mm radiator at the top of the back in a p400s case with two masterfan 140mm air flow on the front

The more fans you add the louder it will be.

1 hour ago, Unexas. said:

Not necessarily....More fans on a radiator can yield a quieter result then a singular fan while pushing the same amount of air. 

Also...if a fan is disable until it hits a certain thermal threshold....than a disabled fan won't be making any noise...

on small rads I usually do a push pull. however, with the extra thickness of the h80 I would attach a fan to the rad and then screw the fan to the back of the case ( pull ) ( case back/fan/rad ) ( hoses down ). it'll make cleaning the rad easier too.

2 minutes ago, LabRat said:

on small rads I usually do a push pull. however, with the extra thickness of the h80 I would attach a fan to the rad and then screw the fan to the back of the case ( pull ) ( case back/fan/rad ) ( hoses down ). it'll make cleaning the rad easier too.

so what im understanding on the back top of the case i put a fan and then the radiator so it just pulls the air out? if so that might be my choice, thanks

17 minutes ago, Unexas. said:

nope i have filled all the fan spot on my case, they all run in low rpm.

The iPPC fans are also super noisy.

Just because it says "noctua' does not mean it is automatically quiet.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

1 minute ago, Enderman said:

The iPPC fans are also super noisy.

Just because it says "noctua' does not mean it is automatically quiet.

Well, i had simular topic and i heard noctua ippc fans was a good silent fan, so its the first time im going for noctua, but if theres a better fan for this please tell

2 minutes ago, ViciousFate said:

Well, i had simular topic and i heard noctua ippc fans was a good silent fan, so its the first time im going for noctua, but if theres a better fan for this please tell

Better in what way? SP? airflow? noise? looks? What?

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

2 minutes ago, Enderman said:

Better in what way? SP? airflow? noise? looks? What?

Im using it for a 120mm radiator, so a quiet fan that could handle cooling the h80i

Just now, ViciousFate said:

Im using it for a 120mm radiator, so a quiet fan that could handle cooling the h80i

NF F12 or NF P12 redux are much better than the iPPC for noise.

Noiseblocker eloop would work great but is probably too expensive for you.

CM silencio fans are also extremely quiet and have great pressure for radiators, that's what I would get if I couldn't afford the noiseblocker.

Spoiler

4 minutes ago, Enderman said:

CM silencio fans are also extremely quiet and have great pressure for radiators, that's what I would get if I couldn't afford the noiseblocker.

Link to noiseblocker eloop?

10 minutes ago, ViciousFate said:

https://www.amazon.com/Noiseblocker-NB-eLoop-B12-PS-120mmx25mm-Silent/dp/B008RO65UU/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1484164895&sr=8-2&keywords=b12-ps

There are other models with or without PWM and different rpms.

Currently the website is down though so I can't link the product page.

Spoiler

1 hour ago, ViciousFate said:

so what im understanding on the back top of the case i put a fan and then the radiator so it just pulls the air out? if so that might be my choice, thanks

yes, but you need to attach the fan to the rad first.

1 hour ago, Enderman said:

1 hour ago, ViciousFate said:

Note that the NB eloops fans are not optimized for a pull configuration. You can but then it's recommended to use a shroud like this: http://www.aquatuning.co.uk/air-cooling/fan-shrouds/7965/phobya-shroud-und-entkopplung-120mm-7mm-stark

CPU: i7-12700KF Grill Plate Edition // MOBO: Asus Z690-PLUS WIFI D4 // RAM: 16GB G.Skill Trident Z 3200MHz CL14 

GPU: MSI GTX 1080 FE // PSU: Corsair RM750i // CASE: Thermaltake Core X71 // BOOT: Samsung Evo 960 500GB

STORAGE: WD PC SN530 512GB + Samsung Evo 860 500GB // COOLING: Full custom loop // DISPLAY: LG 34UC89G-B