"Less Than Half of Microsoft Employees Approve of Ballmer"

TopWargamer

http://www.tomshardware.com/news/steve-ballmer-bottom-ranked-as-ceo,24842.html#xtor=RSS-998

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/wonkblog/wp/2013/10/22/here-are-americas-most-popular-ceos-as-ranked-by-their-employees/

y7Sl6L0.gif

The Washington Post has thrown up a list of approval ratings for a number of CEOs, ranked by their employees. Unsurprisingly, at the top of this list is Mark Zuckerberg, the head of Facebook, with a 97 percent approval rating followed by another social-based CEO, Dick Costolo of Twitter, with a 96 percent approval rating from employees. Larry Page (Google), John Watson (Chevron), Alan Mullaly (Ford), Tim Cook (Apple) and Bob Iger (Disney) fill out the 90 percentage group and above.

Strangely enough, the list actually ends with Steve Ballmer of Microsoft at the bottom with a 47 percent approval rating from employees. Just above Ballmer is Mike Duke of Wal-Mart (48 percent), Randall Stephenson of AT&T (50 percent), Lowell McAdam of Verizon (58 percent) and John Donahoe of eBay (58 percent). Citigroup's Michael Corbat is the only CEO in the 60 percentile range with a 65 percent approval rating.

Oh my that's bad. I think we can all agree that Ballmer was far from being the best CEO, but he was definitely the most passionate, so he has that going for him. But man, a disapproval rate of 53%. That's insane.

COMIC SANS

wow...i bet half the employees polled didnt know who Ballmer was. 

Big Bertha3570k @ 4.5GhzASRock Fatal1ty Z777970 DCUII TOP EVGA GTX 780Swiftech H220 w/ NF-F1216GB RAM128GB Kingston HyperX 3K1TB Western Digital Black40GB Western Digital Raptor 10K PeripheralsMionix 3200 MouseCMStorm Quickfire Rapid w/ Cherry MX Blues2 x Dell U2713HM AudioAsus ROG Orion Pro HeadsetSony XB-500AKG K240Bose AE2i​Fiio E10

Samsung Galaxy S45.0" 1920x1080p Super AMOLED screen16GB Storage2600 mAh battery1.9Ghz quad-core Krait CPU2GB RAMCyanogenMod CameraNikon D310018x55mm NIKKOR VR Lens14.2 MP

To be honest, I think Microsoft/Balmer made the right step for Windows 8 (heck it's even better for us consumers because we didn't have to spend 110 bucks for a new OS upgrade). Who here thinks that for a regular desktop, going from win7 to win8 is a good upgrade? Windows 8 IS the perfect platform for the Surface tablet. When I was trying out the Surface pro 2 in the Microsoft store, I was pleasantly surprised that I didn't hate win8 after using it. 

The new features that Windows 8 adds in my opinion are less desktop oriented, which is fine by me. Windows 7 has never let me down, so I don't feel that an upgrade is needed.

“The value of a college education is not the learning of many facts but the training of the mind to think”

Really? Tim Cook has a 90% approval rating.  Anyways, I'm not that surprised it, he's really out there.

"You Can't Buy Happiness, But You Can Buy Horsepower, And That's Kind of The Same Thing."

Not surprising to be honest, having worked at a major corporation (Vestas Wind Systems) I have experienced first hand how fast employees can turn against their CEO.